Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Things that are Dead should stay DEAD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Things that are Dead should stay DEAD!

Reeny
07.09.2019 , 10:10 PM | #1
<Spoiler>
why is Malgus back again???
I killed his sorry butt back then

Extremely lazy and boring to keep bringing back dead people.

Besides...why the heck dont i get to kill his sorry excuse of a darth?
Why do i have to work for him yet again?

FREAKING LAME

AJediKnight
07.09.2019 , 11:20 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
<Spoiler>

FREAKING LAME
Because such an interesting character never should have been killed off in such a stupid, anti-climactic way to begin with?
[]°[]☲☲☲[]ị::ị¶Ś(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

denavin
07.09.2019 , 11:25 PM | #3
Look at the bite side...

You will most likely get to kill him again....
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Celise
07.09.2019 , 11:48 PM | #4
You're already dead, just lay down!
Report: Dead.
Target has achieved deadness.

HK-55 should say these things to Malgus. I'm sure Malgus would agree he should remain dead. If it weren't for the interference of a certain sith who did a project Lazarus on him, i'm sure he'd still be floating around in bits above Ilum.

Guess we will see where Malgus ends up in the expac and if he'll do another Ilum again. But i strongly suspect Malgus has been brainwashed with Castellan restraints, given keywords and sent on his way so he'd never be a problem again, or, a bomb was placed in his head with a remote detonator as he was being reassembled, or both. When Acina / Vowrawn was discussing Malgus's next assignment in front of him before he left for the front lines, you could see the light go out of his eyes like he was horrified by something, like someone was holding him on a leash.

If Malgus does go out, better make it in a blaze of glory.

AlaricSevGirl
07.10.2019 , 12:54 AM | #5
I agree but every MMO does stupid things. Bringing Malgus back was a stupid thing.
GSS Legacy, StarForged
Guild Leader for Galactic Security Solutions (Pub)
Imperial Independence (Empire)

MikeCobalt
07.10.2019 , 01:00 AM | #6
I think bringing Malgus Back was/ is Cheap Clickbait. Malgus was maybe the most favorite character in SWTOR the Cinematic's His two Flashpoints, the Battle of Ilum he was a Big character. Killing him off was in the long run probably wrong but any way, he did Die. Now considering the recent history of SWTOR consideration They may have thought bringing back Malgus would "Liven that Consideration" by being such a well liked character; its also Much *Easier then Trying (Again) to create a character so well liked universally.

That tiny cutscene about Malgus's Carbonite slab on Zakuul that "Nobody outside of BW was supposed to ever see" has been brought up many times here in the forums. He is back but I think in a very Humiliating way compared to who he was before. This humiliating way Diminish's Malgus's character and it Diminishes our previous fight against him. When Character don't *Die then the story loses Most of its Importance to sometimes a point of "So What, Who Cares and Whatever".
Since Malgus Is back My S.I. does have plans for him on her Own path to getting her Position within the Council again.

Spoiler

Phazonfreak
07.10.2019 , 01:04 AM | #7
Maybe a little off-topic, but it seems that I am so shell-shocked by the omnipresent "SWTOR is dead" comment passing ingame general chat and on the forums that I expected it to be exactly that by the title...

TrixxieTriss
07.10.2019 , 01:09 AM | #8
<Spoiler>

FREAKING LAME
“Fear the walking dead”

We are now in Star Wars : the Zombie Wars

HekaHeh
07.10.2019 , 01:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
Because such an interesting character never should have been killed off in such a stupid, anti-climactic way to begin with?
Sorry Sir/Mam, but

Spoiler

- even though I didn't like the idea of Malgus being gone in the first place, so I'm glad he's back in action.
Still wondering about the carbonite scene with the sons of Tenebrae - was there ever anything in the game that indicated he survived the explosion of the Emperor's Station?

Salphidor
07.10.2019 , 02:01 AM | #10
But you don't work for him... Also, what is dead may never die, but rises harder and stronger
There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it.