Ancient Hypergates Scoring.

UGLYMRJ

OK, seriously... why hasn't it been added to this site yet?

GG BW

And maybe I missed it but I doubt it since there seems to be a lot of confusion and assumptions on how EXACTLY the scoring system works. But shouldn't this be on this site in exact detail?

It seems like most have the general idea on how it works, points for kills, points for orbs and no points if a node isn't controlled before detonation etc... but really... they couldn't take the time to add it to the holonet so there isn't any guessing for those who have no clue... or even those who have a general idea but aren't completely sure of the exact breakdown of scoring.

It doesn't look like I'm alone here when I say.... I get the idea, the general concept is simple enough but can anyone really say that they know exactly how many points are given under every circumstance?

1. It's been said that orbs returned are worth 2 points and kills worth 1 point. Do the points for kills add up in the same way that player kills on a score board do or is it for every enemy death.

2. Kills from detonation. Do those count towards the score since no pylons are technically controlled at this point?

3. Points gained before losing a node.Say your team captures a node, gathers orbs and kills for points and then loses the node, but then re caps that node. Do the points gained from the initial capture still count towards the final score or are they lost?

I understand the basics of the map enough to win... but some detail on it would be nice. Especially considering it's been out for quite some time now and they haven't even managed to add any details on this very site.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next to the scoreboard there is a kill point multiplier. Starts at x3 and goes up after each mini round. That's how many points are applied per kill. Kills after detonation but before a new round are NOT counted towards anything. All points achieved via kills ONLY apply after detonation of your pylon for that round.

Orb points apply immediately. If a pylon gets capture after I dropped off my orb, the points from that orb still apply.

The one thing I don't know for sure is how kills points are applied if both pylons are controlled....

OK, seriously... why hasn't it been added to this site yet?

GG BW

And maybe I missed it but I doubt it since there seems to be a lot of confusion and assumptions on how EXACTLY the scoring system works. But shouldn't this be on this site in exact detail?

It seems like most have the general idea on how it works, points for kills, points for orbs and no points if a node isn't controlled before detonation etc... but really... they couldn't take the time to add it to the holonet so there isn't any guessing for those who have no clue... or even those who have a general idea but aren't completely sure of the exact breakdown of scoring.

It doesn't look like I'm alone here when I say.... I get the idea, the general concept is simple enough but can anyone really say that they know exactly how many points are given under every circumstance?

1. It's been said that orbs returned are worth 2 points and kills worth 1 point. Do the points for kills add up in the same way that player kills on a score board do or is it for every enemy death.

2. Kills from detonation. Do those count towards the score since no pylons are technically controlled at this point?

3. Points gained before losing a node.Say your team captures a node, gathers orbs and kills for points and then loses the node, but then re caps that node. Do the points gained from the initial capture still count towards the final score or are they lost?

I understand the basics of the map enough to win... but some detail on it would be nice. Especially considering it's been out for quite some time now and they haven't even managed to add any details on this very site.

1. No to all of that.

2. They will not be counted until the end of the next round.

3. Orbs are added as you capture them. Hence why you can end a game mid-round with orbs. Kills aren't added until the END of the round.. (The detonation).

1. No to all of that.

2. They will not be counted until the end of the next round.

3. Orbs are added as you capture them. Hence why you can end a game mid-round with orbs. Kills aren't added until the END of the round.. (The detonation).

2. Have you tested that? I was under the impression kills after turret but BEFORE the next round starts don't apply to anything

2. Have you tested that? I was under the impression kills after turret but BEFORE the next round starts don't apply to anything

You could be right. The thing about kills is they don't reset at the end of the round. SO if you get like 100 kills but no pylon in the first round. Then get 200 more kills and a pylon in the second round. You'll get 200 kill points.

Pretty much how I understood it for the most part... understand the multiplier, orbs are instant etc. But the comment about kills being applied at the end of the round. I understand that too... but do kills count while no node is owned and then added to the score if a node is capped before the end of the round? Or do those points only get accumilated when a node is owned and added at the end of the round. If the node gets taken away and then re-captured. Are the kills from the previously owned node counted or does it start over when the node is re-capped?

Basically... my biggest gripe is that it isn't on this site, broken down in plain English. We shouldn't have to guess.

Like I said... I think most of us have a good understanding of how it works but do we understand how it works down to the last detail or do more understand it completely and I just have a lack of attention to detail... which i do. :D

You could be right. The thing about kills is they don't reset at the end of the round. SO if you get like 100 kills but no pylon in the first round. Then get 200 more kills and a pylon in the second round. You'll get 200 kill points.

Right, you get kill points for the kills that occurred in that round only. Kills in between rounds don't apply to my knowledge. This is worth a quick test though..

Pretty much how I understood it for the most part... understand the multiplier, orbs are instant etc. But the comment about kills being applied at the end of the round. I understand that too... but do kills count while no node is owned and then added to the score if a node is capped before the end of the round? Or do those points only get accumilated when a node is owned and added at the end of the round. If the node gets taken away and then re-captured. Are the kills from the previously owned node counted or does it start over when the node is re-capped?

Basically... my biggest gripe is that it isn't on this site, broken down in plain English. We shouldn't have to guess.

Like I said... I think most of us have a good understanding of how it works but do we understand how it works down to the last detail or do more understand it completely and I just have a lack of attention to detail... which i do. :D

To your first question, yes. If I kill and don't own a pylon but later in that same mini match get one, those kills will count. Doesn't matter how many times the pylon changes hands. Any kills you get per mini match are summed up. At the end if you have a pylon you get the points, if not you don't.

Edited by Cilas

This is worth a quick test though..

This is exactly the problem...

I know enough to get wins out of it... and most of us understand the general idea.

But why are we guessing? Testing? Assuming....

We shouldn't have to. I literally just made those questions up to confirm or deny how I assume the map works and confirm or deny how much others know about how the map works. Most of us know enough to not make bone headed mistakes... it's pretty simple for the most part but when a war zone is released... it seems like common sense on the part of the developers to give the information in detail, and not leave people guessing.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

To your first question, yes. If I kill and don't own a pylon but later in that same mini match get one, those kills will count. Doesn't matter how many times the pylon changes hands. Any kills you get per mini match are summed up. At the end if you have a pylon you get the points, if not you don't.

Yeah. So when 2 people rubn to the off node to "delay" the cap, those two 'free' kills get added to their score when they inevitably capture the node.

Yeah. So when 2 people rubn to the off node to "delay" the cap, those two 'free' kills get added to their score when they inevitably capture the node.

Don't even get me started on that... no matter how many times I try to explain that to people in game they insist on going to "delay" the cap... which is only helping the other team not only on the node and kills but also leaving our team short handed in mid. Giving the enemy team even more kills.

Makes me want to kick a kitten.

RIght. THe only important thing is WHO HAS THE PYLON AT THE END.

No point in capping the 2nd node if you can't hold it until the end of the round.

And one thing I can definitely say is not clear is how are kills added up? Is it in the same way that kills are added up on the scoreboard?

Should I start spamming affliction DOT's on every one before I actually attack something? :D

And one thing I can definitely say is not clear is how are kills added up? Is it in the same way that kills are added up on the scoreboard?

Should I start spamming affliction DOT's on every one before I actually attack something? :D

It is the number of killing blows that are applied to the team. not sure about bres's.

I didn't know the kills counted for anything, I assumed it was all orbs and pylons.

Wow, they really need to provide more info then.

Pylons don't give energy straight up. They get their energy from kills and orbs.

How do kills apply with both pylons controlled?

Do kills in closer proximity to one pylon apply ONLY to that one?

Say I own both pylons and get 100 kills at the east pylon and only 5 at the west. 8 seconds before detonation the east pylon is taken. How many points do I have at the end o that round?

I didn't know the kills counted for anything, I assumed it was all orbs and pylons.

Also why I made this post....

I have a general understanding as do most but it's very clear after many matches in regs that most players do not understand how the scoring system works.

Personally... I would just like more detail to COMPLETELY understand it without having to assume.

It would obviously help a lot of players who have very little idea on how it works to help the team more than hurt it.

How do kills apply with both pylons controlled?

Do kills in closer proximity to one pylon apply ONLY to that one?

Say I own both pylons and get 100 kills at the east pylon and only 5 at the west. 8 seconds before detonation the east pylon is taken. How many points do I have at the end o that round?

Exactly... so many variables that are left to assumptions.