I never knew Ops/scoundrel....

Azrienov

You should NEVER use shoot first and back blast in succession, big mistake and a lot of burst lost from that

I mean, that's entirely untrue... unless you enjoy having your Back Blast be mitigated by 20% and increase the amount of time that you can't get Cloak of Pain off your target and possibly let their health catch up to yours. But hey, not everyone thinks before they make sweeping generalizations :rolleyes:

And PoliteAssassin, unless you start doing a magical rotation that incorporates a whole lot Force Attacks, while finding a way for a scrapper to not get your defensive cooldowns off, then you're really just claiming that you're too good to be beaten by anyone :p And I doubt that I'll ever convince you otherwise :confused:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, that's entirely untrue... unless you enjoy having your Back Blast be mitigated by 20% and increase the amount of time that you can't get Cloak of Pain off your target and possibly let their health catch up to yours. But hey, not everyone thinks before they make sweeping generalizations :rolleyes:

And PoliteAssassin, unless you start doing a magical rotation that incorporates a whole lot Force Attacks, while finding a way for a scrapper to not get your defensive cooldowns off, then you're really just claiming that you're too good to be beaten by anyone :p And I doubt that I'll ever convince you otherwise :confused:

Right.. because having your blaster whip and sucker punches mitigated instead is so much better after a DPS loss from using backblast straight after shoot first

No, he's right there are certain classes/specs you use SF and immediately follow it up with BB against. I'm a little up in the air myself on whether marauders are one of those classes, but that is mostly because I haven't had to experiment with different ways to beat them. Scoundrels can handle marauders so easily though that it is irrelevant.

You're pretty much losing out on an entire flechette round by using back blast in succession with shoot first, flechette round is such an essential part of the damage that I can't see how doing it differently could help, worrying about the 20% reduction is far too negligible instead of just going in for the kill in my opinion.

Edited by SharpG

Scoundrels don't have it bad. Just the fact that playing against a Scoundrel that can take half your health in 4 GCDs while you are watching and raging makes it a hard thing to play against. I had my first Scoundrel in 1.1. It was awesome.

Anyway though they really don't need to buff us in PVP. It's our own skill that makes us suceed. Don't get hit by AoE Taunts/Thermal Grenades and you'll be fine :cool:

Scoundrel is the funnest to play, level it up and enjoy it ;)

Right.. because having your blaster whip and sucker punches mitigated instead is so much better after a DPS loss from using backblast straight after shoot first

I mean, that would be true if you weren't increasing the duration of their Cloak of Pain, or if I were somehow to gain an additional Flechette Round holding off on the use of Back Blast. Since my goal is to get Cloak of Pain off as quickly as possibly, and the duration of Flechette Round perfectly matches the amount of time that I need to wait before Flash Grenade will stun without granting full resolve, I blow Shoot First then Back Blast, then 4.5 seconds of a normal rotation, then Flash Grenade, allowing me to us a FR Back Blast without any down time or mitigation.

TL;DR

nou

I mean, that would be true if you weren't increasing the duration of their Cloak of Pain, or if I were somehow to gain an additional Flechette Round holding off on the use of Back Blast. Since my goal is to get Cloak of Pain off as quickly as possibly, and the duration of Flechette Round perfectly matches the amount of time that I need to wait before Flash Grenade will stun without granting full resolve, I blow Shoot First then Back Blast, then 4.5 seconds of a normal rotation, then Flash Grenade, allowing me to us a FR Back Blast without any down time or mitigation.

TL;DR

nou

If your goal is to get cloak of pain off as fast as possible sure, I just don't see the importance of delaying a kill so long just to let cloak of pain fall off, each to their own I suppose