Force Push in Huttball

OpeningToEndgame

I am not 100% sure how the mechanics work on this ability, but I think something may need changed. I was coming down the ramp on the left side about to score. I am on the flat surface. I got Force Pushed UP the ramp and into the fire. How is this possible? The ramp is too steep. Something to me doesn't seem right, but then again I don't know how the ability works. Someone care to elaborate for me. Educate me rather.

I am not 100% sure how the mechanics work on this ability, but I think something may need changed. I was coming down the ramp on the left side about to score. I am on the flat surface. I got Force Pushed UP the ramp and into the fire. How is this possible? The ramp is too steep. Something to me doesn't seem right, but then again I don't know how the ability works. Someone care to elaborate for me. Educate me rather.

I can imagine, that you had a pull and a push in the same time. (can be)

Lol yeah, something similar happened some time ago in a match I was in.

I was on my Sniper, Imp vs Imp, Huttball. We were losing, and the enemy ballcarrier had just passed the last firepit on the lower-balcony (the one that leads directly to the goalline). Naturally everyone was gathered at the fire pit tryna call the Ballcarrier. Then something strange happened. I was in cover so I activated my knockback which was supposed to send the enemy Ballcarrier all the way back. However I guess someone else had also threw down their knockback at the same time, as instead of going back the Ballcarrier went UP and landed on the higher-platform. It was so perfect and aligned that I just had to laugh about it. I was like 'Lol aperrantely gravity doesn't exist in SWTOR'

Edited by Chlomamf

my personal fav was other day during a hutt ball on my MM Sniper: -

i see ball carrier comming, i position my self to intercep, assassin pops out behind me knocks me down off ledge, fair enough but then he pulls me up into edge of fire and dead. i felt like a pinball in a pinball machine lol

My only problem was this same guy did it to me all match and i had no way of countering it.

Pop entrench? needed for when ball carrier got close so was able to start his cycle since i dont know till he pops out, tried popping entrench early he just waited for it to disappear then rinse and repeat what he did to me.

To me that is not skill where i cant actually do anything to counter it lol

Pretty sure you can actually aim the push based on your camera view at the time of the push. If you are looking up, you push upwards, or more at a higher arch. At the same time you can push someone into the ground near where they stand if you're looking down while pushing. Edited by Ridickilis

Pretty sure you can actually aim the push based on your camera view at the time of the push. If you are looking up, you push upwards, or more at a higher arch. At the same time you can push someone into the ground near where they stand if you're looking down while pushing.

Well that's just....meh. Sentinels/Maras are like the Warlocks of SW.....

Well keep in mind it doesn't always do what you want it too when you start considering lag and opponents movement in relation to where they were when you wanted to push and where they actually are when the push hits. More often than not, when I try a high push, I ended up faceplanting the guy right in front of me instead of up and away from me like I wanted.

But when it does work, it is indeed quite satisfying.

Edited by Ridickilis

my personal fav was other day during a hutt ball on my MM Sniper: -

i see ball carrier comming, i position my self to intercep, assassin pops out behind me knocks me down off ledge, fair enough but then he pulls me up into edge of fire and dead. i felt like a pinball in a pinball machine lol

My only problem was this same guy did it to me all match and i had no way of countering it.

Pop entrench? needed for when ball carrier got close so was able to start his cycle since i dont know till he pops out, tried popping entrench early he just waited for it to disappear then rinse and repeat what he did to me.

To me that is not skill where i cant actually do anything to counter it lol

i think the problem was your team being weak, not you. If your team did not pressure their defense enough for the assassin to be forced to use the force pull defensively, then of course all those CD were being used on you. It's one of those moments when your sniper performance is completely dependent on how good your team is.

Again, if your team would be pressuring enough the enemy, you would have used the entrench while DPSing, so that no stealth could knockback you from the catwalks, but you were forced to keep it for defense, which basically led to what happened.

OP, sounds like there was some server lag between your position and the time he used force push where the game says you were still on the ramp.

An amusing (or possibly aggravating, depending on which end you're on) use of this ability, is in civil war when someone is on the balcony above you and you push them up and over the wall towards a side node.

do this on my guardian/jugg all the time, you have to basically angle the push and estimate the distance. I've managed to push people into the firetraps by the first ramp near the acid pretty consistently, usually it's when they're close to the base of the ramp and you're off to the side so you push diagonally. If you push them directly into the ramp, they just get pushed like 1 inch and stay right in front of you. I can also position it on my sniper sometimes too, with the knockback. Though, if you're spec'd into the ability that knocks enemies back an extra however many meters, it usually overshoots and they fly past the firetraps.

My issue with Push in Huttball is that a juggernuat can jump 30m to an opponet, push them then immediatly jump anouther 30m to someone else and they can still jump to a friendly target after that, so theoretically a juggernuat could cover some 90m in 4 gcds.

My issue with Push in Huttball is that a juggernuat can jump 30m to an opponet, push them then immediatly jump anouther 30m to someone else and they can still jump to a friendly target after that, so theoretically a juggernuat could cover some 90m in 4 gcds.
And all it takes is one well timed stun to throw a wrench in the works, especially with their cds not being short. My PvP-only Guardian (Vigilance) is a CC magnet. Not because of the Force Leap/Force Push/ Force Leap/ Guardian Leap combo; but because it does such a good job of pissing off Imp objective clickers when those are used in combination with Force Sweep, Awe, Cyclone Slash, Saber Throw , Dispatch, Hilt Strike & Force Stasis.

We don't have volleys of ranged AoEs that nuke and stun an entire area for seconds at a time. And our DPS sucks. But man can we interrupt - when we aren't continually CC'd. Good opponents pick us out and make sure we're neutralized almost as quickly and as extensively as the healers. As a result ... for those who hate being handcuffed, PvP tanking with this class can sometimes feel like drowning in a straight jacket.

Edited by GalacticKegger