Legacy Storage?

idnewton

If you want that gun on your Operative healer, then run that content on your Operative healer. No one is telling you that you can only run that content on one character.

Same goes for your armstech vanguard. If you want that character to have the rifle to try to RE it, then run the content with that character.

All valid points except the big one you missed -- they don't drop any more. That was the old Tionese tier of gear, and there is no way to get that.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I transfer Bind on Pickup (BoP) items through my Legacy Storage?

This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

I'm not sure why this is even being debated...We can already move bound items around through legacy gear. I see no reason to further open that up with the legacy storage in a game that encourages running alts.

I'm not sure why this is even being debated...We can already move bound items around through legacy gear. I see no reason to further open that up with the legacy storage in a game that encourages running alts.

Please describe to me how I can move a character bound ear piece or implant to another character.

Please describe to me how I can move a character bound ear piece or implant to another character.

Which is why I said I see no reason not to further open that up with the legacy storage....Reading comprehension is fun!

If legacy storage doesn't let you move bound items, then it is completely pointless. We have storage and mail already, so why bother with it?

My legacy copes well as it is, there would be no reason to base my toons in a house that is nothing more than a time/credit sink with no features that I would have a use for.

If legacy storage doesn't let you move bound items, then it is completely pointless. We have storage and mail already, so why bother with it?

My legacy copes well as it is, there would be no reason to base my toons in a house that is nothing more than a time/credit sink with no features that I would have a use for.

Your opinion is noted.

If it doesn't allow you to move bound items it is very useful to me.

See the problem is when people think of bound items they are only thinking of Armors, Earpieces, implants, and relics. However, There are a lot of items such as Armor plating, Mods, Barrels/Hilts, and Enhancements that are bound so a specific char once used that instead of wasting them when your current char is done with them could be recycled and used on a new char without having to **** around with pulling them out of one armor, placing them into a legacy armor, mailing them, and then pulling the items out again.

Another Example all those XP boots we get during lvling to 55 that are bound to whatever char they are earned on could be put to real use on a new char instead of one who doesn't need them anymore.

Edited by Anaesha

They still might make it possible to move bound items who knows. Right now its possible to use legacy gear to send bound mods over to other characters so if they allow that then they might allow bound items to go through legacy storage.

I only have one question - what's the maximum number of tabs?

Based on the info we have LS seems to work almost exactly like Cargo Bays so there is a chance it only allows 5 tabs of course I would prefer more then 5 myself.

Don't know if I missed it, or not, but what about multiple access points for Legacy Storage outside the strongholds (ie: Fleet, Planets, Guild Ships & Personal Starships)? Or will they only access points be Stronghold only?

It is a hook to get us to use strongholds and perhaps spend some CC on items for the stronghold. For now at least I think that it will not be accessible from outside.

Centralized crafting mats?

One location to find gear?

I've got enough alts that I've occasionally LOST gear. Once (right after 2.0 dropped), I figured some bug caused a vital piece of my gear to be completely deleted. I was about to open a ticket when I finally found it on Tab 4 of Toon 6's cargo hold.

Legacy storage has plenty of uses that don't involve eliminating BoP from the game.

Can I transfer Bind on Pickup (BoP) items through my Legacy Storage?

This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

I hope that answers most of the bigger questions you have.

-eric

Thanks for the information, that last part is possibly the one answer that i'd like to see above most of the rest of them.

How would this affect account wide unlocks for Cartel Market items? Or Legacy Gear? It would make both of those obsolete if we could put BoP items in there and transfer them over, surely? I'm fine with it if it isn't for BoP items, as much as I would like to gear my Merc in some Commando endgame armour shells (:().

If there is that limitation, is there any way to make Legacy endgame armour shells (just the shell, no mods etc) purchasable in the future, alongside normal endgame armour shells? Would be a nice addition and wouldn't affect Cartel Market revenue or Legacy Gear available at other vendors.

I would like to see it have the following:

1) Ability to hold bound items for use by other legacy characters.

2) Ability to deposit credits that can be used by other legacy characters.

3) Ability to draw crafting materials from the bank.

However, as long as it had 3, I can dismiss the absence of 1 and 2. Still, having all three would make strongholds a win for me for this specific reason, regardless of the type of decoration system used. The feature would add so much utility to the game that I can ignore the hook system and it's failings from my perspective.

I would like to see it have the following:

1) Ability to hold bound items for use by other legacy characters.

2) Ability to deposit credits that can be used by other legacy characters.

3) Ability to draw crafting materials from the bank.

However, as long as it had 3, I can dismiss the absence of 1 and 2. Still, having all three would make strongholds a win for me for this specific reason, regardless of the type of decoration system used. The feature would add so much utility to the game that I can ignore the hook system and it's failings from my perspective.

I would love to have all 3 to be honest but I could live without #1 if they have #2 & 3

Thanks for the information, that last part is possibly the one answer that i'd like to see above most of the rest of them.

How would this affect account wide unlocks for Cartel Market items? Or Legacy Gear? It would make both of those obsolete if we could put BoP items in there and transfer them over, surely? I'm fine with it if it isn't for BoP items, as much as I would like to gear my Merc in some Commando endgame armour shells (:().

If there is that limitation, is there any way to make Legacy endgame armour shells (just the shell, no mods etc) purchasable in the future, alongside normal endgame armour shells? Would be a nice addition and wouldn't affect Cartel Market revenue or Legacy Gear available at other vendors.

I'd imagine cartel items would get a unique BoP tag to prevent them from being stashed. I more so want it so i can move hilts/crystals around since I deleted a toon and completely forgot my legacy sabers were on him. I was going to buy the legacy cross bow but I'm holding out till the legacy banks go live. Still leaves me SoL on hilts though.

Please, please, pretty please do NOT allow this to happen. If you allow BoP items to be placed in Legacy storage, then everyone will start needing on all the drops from flashpoints and ops, on the premise that they're going to give it to an alt/companion/alt's companion etc. They game is already full of loot ninjas as it is, I do not want to see another excuse given to them why they're entitled to helping themselves to everything.

Not to mention the fact that this would almost entirely negate the point of doing doing fps and ops on alts. The current Legacy system is great, it allows you to transfer mods but it also makes it a costly and strategic decision. I don't want to see the gearing process trivialized to nothing. Please only allow BoE and BoL items into Legacy Storage.

So, you don;t want them to do this because of a few greedy/rude people? You want all the decent people who sub to pay the price because of a FEW people? Put it on Master Looter then. Problem solved.

Maybe you enjoy getting 180 Implants and Earpieces for another class in ops and can't use it because it is BOP...but an alt could be using it with Legacy Vault transfer? Maybe you like having gear drops for other classes that are BOP be utterly wasted, when another toon could be wearing/using it via Legacy Vault transfer? I don't. I subscribe for over 2 years now with 20 toons and 8 55's. We dedicated subs deserve this. Flat out. I understand certain restrictions, but not everything that is BOP should be disallowed in Legacy Vault.

Just add a fee for taking it out of Legacy Vault on an alt, problem solved. I would gladly pay 100k to take that 180 Implant/Earpiece out of the Vault on an alt who can use it.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Which is why I said I see no reason not to further open that up with the legacy storage....Reading comprehension is fun!
Begging your pardon there, but if you go re-read your post you said exactly the opposite of that. There's an errant 'not' that failed to appear.

And as so happens, I agree with you and others on the idea - BoP items through legacy storage seems perfectly viable, even if it's an additional-cost feature (they like their monies, right?) to make it happen.

Along in that vein, I'd really prefer legacy storage work a great deal like a guild bank - including the ability to desposit funds. Sometimes I get an urge to impulse buy and I have to swap across multiple alts to find out if I can afford it. With a legacy bank, I could just pool it all up every time I finish a planet/FP/dailies and just keep enough out for repairs. (or repair from legacy account?)

I'd throw a few CC out for that laziness feature. And it'd let me move my SWs ancient curved-hilt saber over to my sage, where it would look much more awesome.

I don't get why people would expect the transfer of BoP items via legacy storage. If you have a problem with why certain loot is BoP instead of BoL then ask for that to be changed, rather than a wholesale breaking of the binding mechanics via legacy storage. I would not expect it to be able to hold anything that we can't currently mail, or if it did it would be like Lotro and only the character that deposited a bound item would be able to withdraw it.

There is no way in heck we'll be able to put in BoP items. The fact we can transfer them via legacy gear is already more than they probably should have allowed but hey it's one of the few things actually siphoning credits from the game at least. If they change that I'm eating my mouse pad.

There is no way in heck we'll be able to put in BoP items. The fact we can transfer them via legacy gear is already more than they probably should have allowed but hey it's one of the few things actually siphoning credits from the game at least. If they change that I'm eating my mouse pad.

Don't be so shure. The fact they openly admit to considering it right now gives them a strong possibility.

Agreed.

Not to mention that they'd be killing Legacy fear for the most part, not to mention the life expectancy - so to speak :D - for whatever new material they come to release and retool, around the time the expansion hits.

For example...

What's the incentive I'll be getting to run HM operations for Implants and Earpieces, when I can just swap them around between my characters using the Legacy bank?

I wouldn't agree with that system but if it came, I'd spam that dear to oblivion.

Like I said try to think past the **** like BoP armor, earpieces, implants, and relics, there is A LOT of other items that are BoP that being able to move them freely between alts would make them far more useful.