Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Replaying Class Stories

Reeny
04.11.2020 , 05:26 PM | #1
While waiting for the new stories, Im going to replay some of the class stories again.
Did those once when swtor started up, would be nice to play them again!

Going to start with Sith Assassin.

Hadsil
04.11.2020 , 08:37 PM | #2
Play them with the subclass you didn't choose the first time. You'll have new abilities/tactics to play with so you don't get bored replaying what you already know.

SteveTheCynic
04.12.2020 , 01:33 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hadsil View Post
Play them with the subclass you didn't choose the first time. You'll have new abilities/tactics to play with so you don't get bored replaying what you already know.
Sort of. If you played, for example, Sorcerer and Shadow the first time, you'll find that, apart from the sound and look, playing Assassin and Sage the second time won't really give that "new abilities" thing.

A better way to make it different is to play the new character *differently*. Go light instead of dark, or dark instead of light. Play male instead of female or female instead of male. On an agent, romance Kaliyo instead of Raina Temple, or , if the idea doesn't give you the creepie-crawlies, romance Vector instead of the others. And so on.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

devilkat
04.12.2020 , 05:36 PM | #4
I found the Consular story infinitely better as dark side than light. So much more entertaining. Probably lore-breaking, though, so if that matters a lot to you, I wouldn't recommend it
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

Hadsil
04.12.2020 , 09:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Sort of. If you played, for example, Sorcerer and Shadow the first time, you'll find that, apart from the sound and look, playing Assassin and Sage the second time won't really give that "new abilities" thing.

A better way to make it different is to play the new character *differently*. Go light instead of dark, or dark instead of light. Play male instead of female or female instead of male. On an agent, romance Kaliyo instead of Raina Temple, or , if the idea doesn't give you the creepie-crawlies, romance Vector instead of the others. And so on.
On the contrary. When I played a Consular/Sage I was all range attacks and healing. As Consular/Shadow the second time around I'm stealthing invisibly and attacking in melee. Same story, different tactics. Over all the classes Republic and Empire they have the same abilities with different names, so you play the same abilities eventually. However they are different between the subclasses, so the game play is different too for the same story.

Reeny
04.12.2020 , 10:51 PM | #6
Playing as Sith Assassin this time, level 19 now.
I also have a lvl 75 Sith Sorcerer.

So much easier leveling up this time.
Maybe due to the Companion and legacy powers?
It was much harder in Original swtor.

lol, saw Malora as an Apprentice in Korriban and she gave me a quest.
haha

Interesting that my Sith Assassin looks are exactly the same(other than hair color) as my Sith Sorcerer from 2012!!
Didnt realize it until i created the character.

SteveTheCynic
04.13.2020 , 01:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hadsil View Post
On the contrary. When I played a Consular/Sage I was all range attacks and healing. As Consular/Shadow the second time around I'm stealthing invisibly and attacking in melee. Same story, different tactics. Over all the classes Republic and Empire they have the same abilities with different names, so you play the same abilities eventually. However they are different between the subclasses, so the game play is different too for the same story.
OK, sorry. What I meant was that if you've played Sorcerer, Sage won't feel like a totally new experience because the abilities work the same way. Playing a different discipline (i.e. Play Serenity if you previously played Lightning, because Lightning's mirror is Telekinesis) will help, of course.

It will, for sure, be a new experience of the story, as you say.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language