Can we expect PVP gear to be returning in 6.0?

bahudson

I think in regular War Zones all classes can work, if someone takes some time to learn them. Some classes are more difficult to others, but that is life. It is in Ranked Arenas where there is a HUGE problem since it is just a DPS fest that some classes become useless.

If all you care is your DPS nos then yes some classes are better to others to do that. It will always happen in any MMO with different classes. SWTOR has 4 x 3 a total of 12 different stances, of which six are healing and tanking. Then there is also the Dark and Light version abilities which in the past has favored one or the other due to the type of image it does.

Yeah, I am just saying they need to mix it up.

I don't care when one class or two seem to dominate, as you say that is always the case in PVP on games. However, it's been over 2 years that this present meta has been running.

They need to change it up. Make sorcs number one, or PTs, or operatives, change it up! Change some of the heals up, etc. I just grew a bit bored of the same meta for so long.

I didn't quit for that reason though, personally. I quit because I refuse to do another useless crappy gear grind with a brand new system overlapping the crate system.

Edited by Lhancelot

We will see who will laugh hard in the end if they indeed bring back PVP gear and we will have to grind 2 sets the same way we have to grind Ossus now.

When talking about return of PVP gear some people on this board think that it will be 4.0 all over again. ;) Think again... I really don't think it will be as easy as it was back then based on their gearing practices since 5.0.

I'd laugh even more, when PvP players complain because players are in PvE gear for WZ's. Just like what used to happen before PvP and PvE gear got merged.

If pvp gear returns, I think bolster needs to be reworked.

The highest pvp gear needs to be equal/bolstered to the highest non-nim pve gear, and vice versa.

NiM gear should be it's own creature. Sure, some non-nim raiders should be able to a few pieces of NiM gear, but NiM gear shouldn't perform better in pvp than the highest pvp gear.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller