3rd Kai Zyken schematic that didnt produce what it described...lost good mats & time!

LawranceEttar

Eric, devs, c'mon! What the hell is going on with the misleading and deceiving schematic descriptions on Kai Zyken? This is blatant ********. You are wasting our time and sub money since you never even tested this stuff before deployment or your doing this on purpose thinking its funny. 3rd schematic that did not give the paying subscriber what was supposed to be offered!

I purchased in the first week the Synthweaving Exclusive Set 1 (Body) which is a schematic that describes a product that "contains Armormech Set Bonus Chest, Waist, and Head!" Took me 3 days to get the mats and craft, and once done it gave me: the Tunic, Mask, and Belt of the Controller which is NOT an Armormech bonus set. Its a suit for Force LIft. Cmon.

Give me back my mats and some extra ember as reparations for this lying crap to paying subscribers. You waste our time and money when u get this wrong so many times. 3rd Schematic. Do you even test anymore?

Law, GM Knights of Old Enclave

"Armormech" seems in this instance to be a typo, possibly caused by copying an armormech set bonus item but forgetting to change the description text to "synthweaving." If the item had given a more complete description, rather than "exclusive set 1" or "exclusive set 2" (whereby we don't even know exactly what we're buying), this would've been obvious from context.

As it stands, there are no crafted items that give a set bonus to crafting. The set bonuses from crafting are as follows, taken from patch notes.

Synthweaving

The Controller (Jedi Consular / Sith Inquisitor)

(2) +2% Endurance

(4) Killing the enemy affected by Force Lift / Whirlwind before its cooldown ends resets the cooldown of Force Lift / Whirlwind.

Source: Crafted by Synthweaving. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.

Force Bound (Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior)

(2) +2% Accuracy Rating

(4) Enemies affected by Awe / Intimidating Roar have greatly reduced accuracy for 6 seconds after Awe / Intimidating Roar wears off.

Source: Crafted by Synthweaving. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.

Armormech

Escape Artist (Smuggler / Imperial Agent)

(2) +2% Alacrity Rating

(4) Flash Grenade / Flash Bang now heals any allies nearby for a small amount and resets the cooldown of Surrender / Countermeasures.

Source: Crafted by Armormech. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.

Woad’s Instinct (Trooper / Bounty Hunter)

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Reserve Powercell / Thermal Sensor Override gains 2 charges.

Source: Crafted by Armormech. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.

(FYI, this was tested. I commented in a PTS bug report that I bought "Synthweaving Exclusive Set 1 (Legs)" from Kai and gave feedback on what I was able to craft with it. Now I do admit that my feedback wasn't that they should've given a more precise description of what the buyer receives (which I think they should have done; I think I assumed they would without having to be told), but rather specific bugs about these crafted items, which - based on what I'm seeing in the market - do appear to be fixed.)

Edited by Estelindis

The description definitely should've been clearer. I mean, one could say "you should've read the patch notes," but actually I don't think it's reasonable to expect all players to do that. I think it's much fairer to expect that all information should be available accurately in-game. (And this crafted set isn't the only place in 6.0 where tooltips could be clearer. Various tacticals that give this bonus or that should really say exactly how much they give.)

Anyway, the item may be of no use to you, but others might buy it, so try GTNing it. Last time I checked, these items are bind-to-legacy-on-equip, so anyone should be able to use it.

The description definitely should've been clearer. I mean, one could say "you should've read the patch notes," but actually I don't think it's reasonable to expect all players to do that. I think it's much fairer to expect that all information should be available accurately in-game. (And this crafted set isn't the only place in 6.0 where tooltips could be clearer. Various tacticals that give this bonus or that should really say exactly how much they give.)

Anyway, the item may be of no use to you, but others might buy it, so try GTNing it. Last time I checked, these items are bind-to-legacy-on-equip, so anyone should be able to use it.

Reading the patch notes wouldn't have helped if the item said "Armormech set" and produced a synthweaving set.

Reading the patch notes wouldn't have helped if the item said "Armormech set" and produced a synthweaving set.

I actually think that the main issue is the in-game description not giving full details of what the schematic crafts. Then a synthweaving schematic having "armormech" somewhere in the description would be more likely to be recognised as an error. But ideally, of course, they wouldn't have even had that typo.

Edited by Estelindis

I actually think that the main issue is the in-game description not giving full details of what the schematic crafts. Then a synthweaving schematic having "armormech" somewhere in the description would be more likely to be recognised as an error. But ideally, of course, they wouldn't have even had that typo.

I agree. They should list the exact name of the set that will be created, not just call it the Armormech Exclusive set #2. This isn't a perfume store, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Had the same issue and they said they would not refund the mats. It's not my fault they gave the wrong description on the item. So besides buying a pretty much worthless schematic I also had to farm a ton of expensive (or time consuming) mats, all to have it wasted because THEY made a mistake? I was on the fence about this new update already but this has made me decide to quit ToR for good. I will speak with my money and take it some were else. Probably just single player games from now on though as MMO's seem to be little more than cash shop grabs these days.

But who would pay more than few thousand credits for a set bonus that buffs force lift? And the mats alone are worth millions not to mention the schematic... The Dev's really need to look at crafting BIG time as it is STILL not a viable method of end game gearing, I mean can you even craft a 306 item? Even if you could, would it compete with the stupidly easy way of getting 306 gear atm? I think not...

But who would pay more than few thousand credits for a set bonus that buffs force lift? And the mats alone are worth millions not to mention the schematic... The Dev's really need to look at crafting BIG time as it is STILL not a viable method of end game gearing, I mean can you even craft a 306 item? Even if you could, would it compete with the stupidly easy way of getting 306 gear atm? I think not...

I can craft a nice tactical for operatives, but the cost in materials is absurd (orders of magnitude more expensive than the ones sold by vendors for 1 million), so there isn't a prayer's chance in hell I'd risk the mats.

They really dropped the ball on crafting - this is just another exhibit in a museum full of exhibits to their failure with respect to crafting.

Edited by DawnAskham

Maybe no one. Maybe plenty of people. It's each person's choice. If the description had been more complete and accurate, people could've made that choice with full information.

Broadly, though, I agree with Dawn that the materials cost is so outrageous that tacticals from crafting are orders of magnitude more expensive than vendor tacticals, placing them out of reach of the vast majority of players. Perhaps this will improve with 6.0.2.

Edited by Estelindis