Just in case you ever feel like taking a break from the game

xordevoreaux

Some items to be aware of when walking away from your keyboard and heading outside for some fresh air:

The Bad News:

1. If you lose all your health, the game is over and you can't re-start

2. The RNG sucks! Killing mobs rarely results in any good drops or credits, even boss mobs

3. Absolutely nothing is moddable

4. The light sabers are still in alpha development so there aren't any for sale

5. There haven't been any expansions yet beyond the starter planet

6. No way to play galactic starfighter, and even short trips into orbit cost a ton of credits

7. It's cost-prohibitive owning more than one stronghold

8. You can only play one species

9. There's only one character slot

10. There is an appearance modifier system, but only people with lots of credits can afford it

11. You can't play a force-user, but you can role-play one if you choose their cleric class

12. You can't always travel to where all the crafting materials are because they're in another faction

13. They don't have personal holocommunicators, but you can get something similar with a shorter range

14. People can't see your guild tag or player name

15. Changing your legacy name is more expensive

16. You can only have one subscription at a time

17. If you cancel your subscription, you can't renew it

18. If you buy off the cartel market, you have to wait at night for your stuff to wash ashore in black plastic bags

19. The subscription model is annual and you pay every April 15th, but not everyone's charged the same

20. Guns do not have an endless supply of ammo

21. They unfortunately use the same tech support and you don't always get automatic responses

The Good News:

1. The graphics are stellar! Perfect anti-aliasing and shadows won't drop your framerate

2. The server has a REALLY high population

3. There's WAY MORE than just two factions and with a little bit of work you can switch

4. You can play a body type 5 and it's FREAKING HUGE for both males and females

5. You can play babies, toddlers, children, teens, young adults, adults, and elders, just like Sims 4!

6. Your character can have wrinkles!

7. There's this way-cool built-in variable weather system and a day/night cycle. If only SWTOR had this!

8. There's lots of guilds to join, like Hell's Angels, The Elks Club, The Moose Lodge, and AARP

9. Guns can crit for 100% damage with just one rotation

10. People who rage-quit the game can't troll the forums

19. The subscription model is annual and you pay every April 15th, but not everyone's charged the same

It depends on your faction. Mine is paid monthly.

3. There's WAY MORE than just two factions and with a little bit of work you can switch

I've recently gone through this process (for reals(1)), so I'm in two different factions at once.

(1) People seem to think I joined the "France" faction because the "Britain" faction was trying to leave the alliance. That merely accelerated the process.

Edited by SteveTheCynic