Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You Have Been Replaced

SteveTheCynic
01.30.2019 , 08:13 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
There may not be world peace tomorrow but eventually.
I'm going to live down to my forum alias. My own view is that given the general nature of humanity, the only way there will be world peace is if we use the plutonium firecrackers. No war after that.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

SteveTheCynic
01.30.2019 , 08:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Now that I think of it, isn't EA simply the embodiment of the 7 deadly sins?

Lust? Check.
Gluttony? Check.
Greed? Check.
Sloth? Check.
Wrath? Check.
Envy? Double Check.
Pride? Triple Check.
Dunno, they might be fastidious and disciplined eaters, which would strike gluttony from the list, but pretty much all the rest.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Ardrossan
01.30.2019 , 08:29 AM | #23
A week ago, I read OP's last ragequit thread, as seen here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959767. To its credit, it was mercifully short.

Then two days later, the OP made a thread about chat filtering (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959836), and Porsa pointed out that it was a bit odd for the OP to care about chat filtering when he was leaving the game anyway. OP responded with this pompous line about how he was advocating this topic for the betterment of the playerbase, even if he wasn't around to enjoy it. Both posts got deleted.

OP continued his noble campaign to enrich the playerbase by trolling the Arcann thread (http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...02#post9696902) which OP apparently edited at some later point, and in general, not leaving or telling anyone else that he was leaving.

And that brings us up to speed to now. I usually dislike looking into people's posts, but as this all took place in the space of a week, and as I read OP's increasingly embarrassing posts at the time he made them, I think it's justifiable.

My sub expires next month. Apart from the occasional 90 day referrals and maybe a resub if there's an expansion, I'd prefer not to resub, [but you never know], so I have no definite plans to return. When I leave, I'll just leave. I won't make a big production out of it, because contrary to OP and others, nobody who's staying really GAF why you're leaving or how, except for the lols. At least you accomplished the latter, OP.

TheGreyRanger
01.30.2019 , 08:32 AM | #24
You are quite the optimist Steve, with the way humanity runs, some will survive and be back to whacking each other on the head within a couple of weeks.

tahol
01.30.2019 , 09:47 AM | #25
Wow, I didn't even realise this was the EdgeKing. Guy should go somewhere and grow up for starters.

I never have any sympathy for "I quit"-posts. I have quit, twice, and without any hassle and fanfares. I also came back. I also have only 10 days left of my current sub, and then I have a list of SP-games I want to play before resubbing. I haven't even looked at the games I bought from Steam-sale yet, because SWTOR.

There is no need to be so damn dramatic about everything. Also, some people (like this OP) seem to value themselves very high. No one notices if you leave, and no one cares. Even if you were a regular and well-loved by everyone, next week no one even remembers you.

Lhancelot
01.30.2019 , 09:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
No one notices if you leave, and no one cares. Even if you were a regular and well-loved by everyone, next week no one even remembers you.
Hey, it's not true! I remember lots of people from the past actually... Domisotto the eternal noob PVPer optimist will be remembered forever! The day she quit a piece of the forums died that day...
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

xordevoreaux
01.30.2019 , 10:54 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I see that I am not the only sympathy-deficient person on this thread.
By far

Noisy exits never get the one leaving anything nor hold much sway with a bunch of forum regulars. The thread will get moved to Off-topic eventually.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Sarova
01.30.2019 , 11:08 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I'm going to live down to my forum alias. My own view is that given the general nature of humanity, the only way there will be world peace is if we use the plutonium firecrackers. No war after that.
Nope, that sort of happened and we're still warring. Only a complete asteroid wipe out of humanity will work.
Also, OP no-one cares and sent your stuff to random peoples mail boxes
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Add an option to switch off vendor icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

FlameYOL
01.30.2019 , 11:18 AM | #29
Can I have your stuff?
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

aerockyul
01.30.2019 , 12:49 PM | #30
Despite the futility and way of going about it, I still sympathize knowing it's yet another APAC player leaving because of the near-unplayability of the game.

You guys get that most of these complaints from them are because the game is unplayable, and not because they necessarily dislike the same game you like, right? They're willing subscribers that got screwed over by bean-counters who deemed them expendable. They would be here paying money to keep the game going if they were getting the same experience you were getting in your lucky position living next door to the servers. Lucky you that you get to live close enough to the new servers that the game isn't a damn slideshow on low settings.

They didn't choose the position they were forced into. I know I'd be just as mad if the game I've poured so much time and money into over 7 years and was running on low/manageable server lag until the server merge that I had nothing to do with or ever asked for caused the game to be unplayable for me. In that situation, I still loved the game and wanted to keep putting money into it and keep playing, but something 100% out of my control happened to cause it to not be playable.

But blame the player's frustration in this situation on the player, right? EA did APAC right in this situation? Keep going after the player in these threads, by all means.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Selauna, Maria Brink, Wrathiva
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Leczee Eko'va, Misphire
Kharaava, Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Referrals