Pyrotech rotation?

LtBombshell

What does everyone use as a rotation for Pyrotech in 6.0? I'm trying to base it off of this 5.0 rotation from Dulfy, but I can't seem to find a 6.0 guide. The biggest issue I'm having is heat management, especially during extended fights, because spamming Flame Burst when there's nothing else really to use is not exactly efficient. The other filler I'm using is Rapid Shots, but that outputs such little DPS I'm thinking there has got to be something better. On top of all that, the rotation just feels really clunky and awkward and nothing really feels like it flows (with the exception of Flaming Fists > Rail Shot). Am I missing something? Is the rotation really that awkward and that bad for heat management?

Aye I agree I also have problem with heat management on pyro.

What helps me is the use of Thermal Sensor Override before using Searing Wave since its the biggest heat generator. Also not overuse dots until they actually given the full duration is important and some rapid shots here and there to keep heat down. Still its a tricky road and if u ever find ur self with Vent Heat on CD and full on heat u are F:ed...

I also Think the armor set meteor/brawler makes a big difference with heat but i havnt tried it yet, i somehow ended up with right price armor set which is crap.

You will need to fill with rapid shots, its unavoidable or you will eventually burn out without meteor brawler

i use thermal sensor override on deadly onslaught as it ticks for just under 3 seconds and generates 30 heat usually, this will enable heat to drop quite a bit as its free over the channel with heat dropping while it ticks

meteor brawler does help alot when you get to 6 pc, you just gotta not burn out for 2 mins really

flame dissipation tactical is another way, switch it out as needed but i generally cant be bothered doing that

Edited by NateCrazy

Thanks for the suggestions- I realized shortly after that post that throwing in the occasional RS isn't necessarily the worst and really helps with heat management. Thanks!

Just think about RS as a free FB with less damage. It serves the same purpose - being a filler. Literally every single bounty hunter spec (merc, too) needs occasional RS, it's just how it is.

I made my own pyrotech rotation in 5.10 and it should be still viable due to no changes in the skill tree.:rak_03:

IM > S > Immo > FF > SW > FB > RS > Filler > Filler > FF > IM > Filler > Immo > Filler > SW > FF > RS > filler > filler > filler > start again

Opener use Explofuel and shoulder cannon right after u set the dots

if u want to look it up this was my parse with 5.10 using no guild perks :cool:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/438661/0

right now you should definitely use meteor brawler and superheated fuel