I am angry about the economic exploit.

bheta

What happened to the players who have 500 million credits?

that's what i want to know, i have been busting my toon's *** for credit's and here these people win from an exploit.

I normally do not care about this stuff, but i am irked by this.

How does everyone else feel about this?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what i want to know, i have been busting my toon's *** for credit's and here these people win from an exploit.

Surely those who have been caught/suspect of this exploit will be dealt with. How they deal with them is never reported to us though. I have confidence they will take care of the problem.

have a read of this http://www.swtor.com/blog/action-being-taken-against-exploits-and-cheats

There is a difference between hacking and taking advantage of exploits introduced by BioWare.

One of the MANY reasons, PvP is so messed up today is not properly correcting for these exploits in the past.

It's about the intention and the harm done. People perceive a difference because exploits usually are discovered by accidents, not repeated, and the harm done is usually significantly less than hacking.

However there can be exceptions. In WoW WotLK there was an exploit (not hack) which allows players to stack up to millions of health and queue for Arena. The only way to stack that much health was via repeated exploitation of a certain bug involving siege vehicles and latency. The intention was clear, and the harm was as great as any hack. The punishment was ergo the same - permaban.

In this case if the harm from repeating the exploit is as great as say... hacking and simply changing the credit figure, then I imagine the punishment will be the same.

Edited by GhoXen

Will see, one of my guild mates abused of this exploit, just spent millions credit, in full unlocks (tabs, bank tabs, legacy), stims, rare materials, bought all mounts, etc...

And still got around 750 million credits, i want to see if Bioware does something to him...ill tell you guys as soon as i have news, at this exact moment, nothing has been done to him.

@corbanite

thanks for the read

I know i must sounds ridiculous for being upset about something that happened in a virtual world. I am more upset w/ the people that knew about the exploit more then i am at bio ware.

But thank you for letting me vent :p

Will see, one of my guild mates abused of this exploit, just spent millions credit, in full unlocks (tabs, bank tabs, legacy), stims, rare materials, bought all mounts, etc...

And still got around 750 million credits, i want to see if Bioware does something to him...ill tell you guys as soon as i have news, at this exact moment, nothing has been done to him.

If you are aware of someone exploitng, you should report him. By not reporting him, this by proxy makes you as bad as him.

That would be amazing, thank you.

the mats are a big problem, if these sploiters empties everything on the GTN.. Curious how BioWare will handle that..

have you bothered to report him for exploiting?

Many exploiters will see the actions they take as no more serious than googling the location of datacrons. Especially as in this case it only really effects their own bank balance. The exploit doesn't effect other players directly so don't be too upset upset but I see that it could effect the economy as these people will be able to purchase stuff from the GTN at far inflated prices. This would effect others as it would cause an inflation of prices on the GTN and as a result a devaluation of the currency so I'm glad they put a stop to it as soon as possible.

I'm a forgiving chap though so I wouldn't ban the exploiters for a first offence. Those people guilty of using the exploit to farm cash should have all their money and equipment removed from their characters and be left with just an orange jumpsuit.

Since day 1, and before, the cheaters and exploiters have been allowed to do it over and over... when reported they get a simple slap on the wrist and a stern "DONT DO THAT!" then are allowed back in, keeping what they had amassed and went about the business of finding something new to work on ... it happens in every game.. heck in alot of games you just input codes and away you go.. The differnwece is thats normally single player where the player only cheats themselves.. in MMO's those same players use to effect advantage over others.. but the punishmnets never balance out the crimes, and never will... WHY?? cos BW would simply be cutting its own wrists and bleed its own sub base... they know its prevalent, but to act decisively now would likely mean a sizeable chunck of subs go a walking and they dont want that.. so "PLEASE DONT DO THAT!!" is all ya gunna get.

I am not a PVP'er by nature but in SWTOR I have found it to be more enjoyable than other MMO's I play, and tend to jum p inwhen I am close to leveling late at night... and the amount of times I have seen players speed hack and teleport jump in Huttball is ludicrous... easier to spot players that aren't.

What I cant work out is why they feel the need to do it.. so you gain a 1 off victory and get your WZ gift from the Mission box... WOOWEEEEE.. you still in the Wz as long as everyone else, your still getting comms and credits like everyone else.... so its just down to that individuals own personal nature, likely being a similar trait to things they do in RL I would guess.

Edited by Parali
"tard"

Many exploiters will see the actions they take as no more serious than googling the location of datacrons. Especially as in this case it only really effects their own bank balance. The exploit doesn't effect other players directly so don't be too upset upset but I see that it could effect the economy as these people will be able to purchase stuff from the GTN at far inflated prices. This would effect others as it would cause an inflation of prices on the GTN and as a result a devaluation of the currency so I'm glad they put a stop to it as soon as possible.

I'm a forgiving chap though so I wouldn't ban the exploiters for a first offence. Those people guilty of using the exploit to farm cash should have all their money and equipment removed from their characters and be left with just an orange jumpsuit.

Yep this as well... tho by taking away all the gear and money from the majority of cheaters will simply lead to the same thing as a perma ban.. they would simply leave and move onto another game... they wouldnt want to have to grind everything all over again now the expoloits had been closed off... so BW will just tell them off politely with a warning that will never be taken further and the player gets to keep all the spoils that gained... with a big cheesy grin on their face ..

You'd hope and I'd imagine they'd be able to remove it.

Since day 1, and before, the cheaters and exploiters have been allowed to do it over and over... when reported they get a simple slap on the wrist and a stern "DONT DO THAT!" then are allowed back in, keeping what they had amassed and went about the business of finding something new to work on ... it happens in every game.. heck in alot of games you just input codes and away you go.. The differnwece is thats normally single player where the player only cheats themselves.. in MMO's those same players use to effect advantage over others.. but the punishmnets never balance out the crimes, and never will... WHY?? cos BW would simply be cutting its own wrists and bleed its own sub base... they know its prevalent, but to act decisively now would likely mean a sizeable chunck of subs go a walking and they dont want that.. so "PLEASE DONT DO THAT!!" is all ya gunna get.

I am not a PVP'er by nature but in SWTOR I have found it to be more enjoyable than other MMO's I play, and tend to jum p inwhen I am close to leveling late at night... and the amount of times I have seen players speed hack and teleport jump in Huttball is ludicrous... easier to spot players that aren't.

What I cant work out is why they feel the need to do it.. so you gain a 1 off victory and get your WZ gift from the Mission box... WOOWEEEEE.. you still in the Wz as long as everyone else, your still getting comms and credits like everyone else.... so its just down to that individuals own personal nature, likely being a similar trait to things they do in RL I would guess.

i pvp alot..more than i pve and i can say with 100% honesty I have never seen anyone speed hack or teleport jump in huttball...not once.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

MMO's those same players use to effect advantage over others.. but the punishmnets never balance out the crimes, and never will... WHY?? cos BW would simply be cutting its own wrists and bleed its own sub base... they know its prevalent, but to act decisively now would likely mean a sizeable chunck of subs go a walking and they dont want that.. so "PLEASE DONT DO THAT!!" is all ya gunna get.

Rubbish. Most players do not exploi. If they cracked down on exploiters, they would not loose a significant portion of the population. With this credit exploit they fixed, it's going to be pretty obvious who cheated. It's upto Bioware whether they ban the cheaters but they are probably going to at least take away the credits and items bought with them.

It's more likely they'll give everyone a free million credits, than for them to take the right actions on this ...

How do you figure? Sammy Cheater racked up over 500 Million credits so to balance it out, we are giving everyone a million credits. Hogwash.