What to do with warzone commendations

Tovarius

I am in the mid thirties and I have already purchased my level 40 warzone commendation set. I went to buy the battlemasters set but couldn't, and the recruit set is only purchasable with credits. I don't feel like pvping for a companion set is really all that motivating. I guess I just feel like the blue pvp set should be purchasable pre 50 with commendations rather than dropping 350,000 creds on it.

Just frustrated because now that I am capped there isn't really anything I want to spend the commendations on and very little incentive to pvp the rest of the way to 50. I'd much rather put in the time and use comms than be forced to spend 350,000 credits for the recruit pvp set. I don't want to come up with 350,000 extra creds.

Just wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Yes, I feel this way.

They got rid of the Valor requirement for the BM gear, but there is no reason why you can't purchase it pre-50. The level requirement should be to equip it only, not purchase it. (and of course the lvl requirement should be stuck to the mods so that you can't use the BM mods in pre-lvl-50 gear)

There is absolutely nothing worthwhile to spend Comms on between levels 40 and 50.

IMO, all gear should be available for purchase at any level - you just can't equip it without the level and rank requirements met. Someone who has pvp'd all the way from lvl 11 through 50 should have the same gear set at level 50 as someone who pvp'd the same amount, but only at level 50. Same amount of pvp, same rewards.

Think you can start trading Warzone commendations for Ranked Warzone commendations once you're level 40 so use the excess commendations to buy medpacs/adrenals till level 40 and then start trading them in for Ranked ones.

Yes, I feel this way.

They got rid of the Valor requirement for the BM gear, but there is no reason why you can't purchase it pre-50. The level requirement should be to equip it only, not purchase it. (and of course the lvl requirement should be stuck to the mods so that you can't use the BM mods in pre-lvl-50 gear)

There is absolutely nothing worthwhile to spend Comms on between levels 40 and 50.

IMO, all gear should be available for purchase at any level - you just can't equip it without the level and rank requirements met. Someone who has pvp'd all the way from lvl 11 through 50 should have the same gear set at level 50 as someone who pvp'd the same amount, but only at level 50. Same amount of pvp, same rewards.

It says "Must be fifty to purchase" or were you trying to say there should be no reason you can't purchase it?

Edited by Tovarius

You can still use them to buy pvp weapons which you can remove the enhancements from to place in your orange 40 gear. 3-4% expertise at level 45 is pretty nice

Think you can start trading Warzone commendations for Ranked Warzone commendations once you're level 40 so use the excess commendations to buy medpacs/adrenals till level 40 and then start trading them in for Ranked ones.

I like these ideas better, but I still don't relish the massive credit loss for the recruit gear. I mean farming credits is not my favorite thing to do, but these are good ideas I hadn't thought of.

Buy meds and adrenals. Buy anything you are allowed to that you know you will use or even might use. Do some story/pve questing. Pvp just for the fun of it and the practice.

Talk to some familair faces you see in the wz's, maybe start a guild. Try to enjoy the process, not just the result.

Edited by LiQuiDMDH
typo

You can still use them to buy pvp weapons which you can remove the enhancements from to place in your orange 40 gear. 3-4% expertise at level 45 is pretty nice

Except 3-4% expertise with ugly stats isn't nice at all.

I was willing to try with my heal merc, then saw how better a crit/surge enhancement was.

/assist on the consumables, particularly medpacs if you're not biochem.

Edited by JMCH

/agree, at lvl 25 and seeing the lvl 40 pvp gear i have nothin to spend my 2k comms on, the 40 gear isnt ne better than the quest/ fp stuff and as im using augmented custom gear no better than what im wearing now( current stats asside) i dont see the problem with letting us buy the BM gear just not equiping it.

i cant even trade them in for ranked as i need 40 valour and in only at 23.

OK I am new to the PVP Warzones, just started this past week. I also have my full 2,000 Warzone commendations I am lvl 49 and keep hearing to turn them in for Ranked Commendations, who or where exactly do i go to do this, I assume it is on the Space Station just not sure where for the Empire.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks.

OK I am new to the PVP Warzones, just started this past week. I also have my full 2,000 Warzone commendations I am lvl 49 and keep hearing to turn them in for Ranked Commendations, who or where exactly do i go to do this, I assume it is on the Space Station just not sure where for the Empire.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks.

the pvp items vendor next to the pvp daily terminal, on the list of items, u will see (somewhere in there) a ranked warzone comm, it costs 10 wz comms for 1 ranked 1 i beleive but need to be at least valour rank 40 to trade them in.