Hunter traps for mercs?

Xerain

I suggested these changes in another thread and figured i'd post here so more of you can see and maybe get behind this???

Merc needs changes like:

1. A real snare. 50% snare for 4 or less seconds on a 15-20 second cool down.

2. Land Mines!!! Make them work just like Hunter traps did in WoW. Each will have a 30 second duration to sit there on the ground with a 30 second cool down. Two types of Land Mines, Ice and Fire. Land Mines of the same type will share cool downs with one another so you have to know what's best to use.

2a. Ice Land Mines.

-Frost Land Mine: When triggered it will drop a blanket of forst in a 7m radius that reduces movement speed of anyone that crosses it by 30%. Last 10 Seconds.

- Freeze Land Mine: When triggered it freezes the target in place unable to move for 1 minute (10 seconds max in pvp???). Damage ends this effect prematurely.

2b. Fire Land Mines.

- Lava Mine: When triggered the trap will drop fire in a 7m radius dealing X damage for X seconds to anyone in the effected area.

- Explosive Mine: When triggered the trap will deal X damage to each target in a 7m radius.

This will bring a bit more utility to the merc class and help you guys out quite a bit.

Oh also HSM needs to be doing like normal damage again, *** bioware.

Boring.

Hey it's something and it will help you a TON no matter what spec you are.

The only other suggested change i can think of for mercs is to give you guys a cool down that resets all your cool downs either all of them or just damaging abilities.

Arsenal shouldn't even be used for a pvp spec tbh... but what i'm suggesting will help that spec a lot too.

yeah...i see that.

it's good to see ideas, instead of complaints...even if i dislike the idea of mines!! :p (hated it in swg)

good ideas, tho.

What?

Its a jewelry set that had a chance to proc a root or a snare that couldn't be dispelled whenever a target walked into a trap. BH traps in swg were nice b/c they applied a DoT and a snare as well as being instant cast. They could also be used to de-cloak.

Its a jewelry set that had a chance to proc a root or a snare that couldn't be dispelled whenever a target walked into a trap. BH traps in swg were nice b/c they applied a DoT and a snare as well as being instant cast. They could also be used to de-cloak.

OH i see!

Stuff like that would be cool!

Support 1500% on roots/snares

I am not a big fan of traps, but hell I will take it if that is the only option

Hey just a suggestion and it will help the class out with group utility. I can imagine the op'edness in huttball... Could always be a root trap too or change the talent that gives rocket punch a knock back and makes the other one even longer have 2 second roots on them or just the long one and no snare for it?