Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

megoix

Now since the launch of SWTOR this has been possible. It is commonly known as "premades".

It usually means a combination of the following things.

- Friends playing together.

- VOIP coordinated.

- Level of gear is usually in the very high end spectrum.

The result of this is that 4 out of 8 players on the other team, 8 if you're unlucky, are able to coordinate and play in a fashion random people never will. Effectively winning close to every game, resulting in the opposing team giving up. Which means one thing only, farming the medals you can before the game is over.

I would love to hear from Bioware why this is still possible to PVP this way as it is clearly disadvantageous to everyone but the "premade". Anyone?

As a last note, I have the perfect solution. With keeping the ability for friends and guildies to play together. Team them versus each other. Group queued(premade) vs group queued(premade). In the meantime this should be disabled so that people have an equal chance of success based on how they enter any warzone.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The system could atleast try to match premades for a few minutes before mixing it up. Right now it's just throwing whoever it can find into a game.

I used to be fine with having no matchmaking criterias but it has now reached critical mass. Not only are the imps on my server consistently picking better classes for pvp but they also seem to form more premades of "those classes". I'm at a point where I'll probably get banned soon for yelling at my team mates. And yes, they suck but they would have sucked less if not every match had been an uphill battle. I can't remember the last time I had a really close game.

Inb4 form a premade of your own. Couple of problems with that.

1. The population is now big enough to support matchmaking criterias so you will only run in to the same pug team mates every now and then. It's hard to form an opinion of people based on just one game ever now and then.

2. You want to form premades with capable players, or you might aswell just save yourself the trouble, but it's hard to tell who's good and not when the other team has a "four warrior premade" that focuses people.

3. Classes. There are probably ten commandos for every sent on the Shadowlands, it seems to be the other way around for mercs and maras. I am not forming a premade with commandos in that enviroment.

Edited by MidichIorian

I am just sick of fighting all these stupid premades on my own. I let our enemy have a taste of their own medicine. If the other 4ppl are not bad, we can actually push the republic scum back to their spawn area on huttball. I ask my self, isn't this too much what i am doing? Then I realize that this is the same the scum does to us when they have the opportunity, so i show no mercy.

Because people like to play with their friends???

This is an MMO and if you want to play alone go play a console with one of those cool "pew pew" games.

Or you could realize that just as many are pugging and paying customers. If BW continues to ignore said group it's going to hurt the game and whatever little premade you are in.

And don't fool yourself on the whole MMO thingy. This game has been blamed for being a single player game with MMO influences so when did it all of a sudden become a full scale MMO?

Edited by MidichIorian

L2P

nwm, its really a "learn to play" thingy, from whatever direction i look at it.

From PuGs view, is a real chellange and nearly always a lost game.

Lost the game can also mean, learned something.

At all, to loose in PvP was never a problem to me as long as i knew, why.

Mostly i came to the conclusion, that i made wrong.

Yeah, sometimes you dont make wrong but still ... loose.

So, loads of time to watch or skirmish in a match thats lost anyways.

Why care so mutch ?

From the premade's view, its just practise.

Where should i practise to play together with my friends to find my role in the team ?

Im still a nabber without EWH gear, i cannot go to ranked WZ, so what ?

Over that its epic fun to have friends for PvP and its a win due to voice coms only, beside of the players that join groups to advance their PvP are anyways skilled for a certain level.

So here are my tips how to engange a good premade ...

Show no respect, combat wise.

No need to get personal and hate rage, its a game, it may have a sportive character.

Use EVERYTHING you have, try to win a fight instead of the match.

Try to hinder them, stay on the ball, doors, objectives.

When your heartbeat is going up and your body responses to the game, changeing your breathing, your adrenaline, you seriously must master that in first place.

There is no way to make rational decisions while going emo.

Once you have overview, try to watch the people and yourself, learning starts here i think.

I dont wrote that directly to OP, but there is a lot complaining about premades in Pug WZs and thats not quit right to me. Everyone can ask himself, with how many PKs you enter lvl 50 for the first time.

And at all, why is "build your own premade" not allowed as argument ??!

Or you could realize that just as many are pugging and paying customers. If BW continues to ignore said group it's going to hurt the game and whatever little premade you are in.

And don't fool yourself on the whole MMO thingy. This game has been blamed for being a single player game with MMO influences so when did it all of a sudden become a full scale MMO?

Talk to people and que up with players and make the best of the game ffs. Just because you feel it's a single player game doesn't mean we need your negative vibes. I used to pug alot and still do. Ya meet people along the way and join up with them. Can anyone talk to one another these days? This is an MMO and I stand by my case lol. And I'm not a part of a little so called "pre-made". I group with people in my friends list and those in my small guild of 15 or so players. We have fun and enjoy it.

You can't please everyone, especially the loners.

It really does just come down to the fact that friends should be able to enjoy content together. Does it sometimes affect the matches? More than sometimes! Often!

But the real issue isn't that people can queue in a group. The issue is that BioWare's done a pretty bad job of providing incentive for guilds and groups and teams to queue for Ranked WZs can thus thin out the disparity. If there was more incentive to play Ranked and, thus, less premades rolling pugs because they're too busy fighting other premades...well, being able to queue with some friends wouldn't be as big of an issue.

I agree with the rated problem. For small guilds it's out of the question for us to have enough geared players on all at once, and for big guilds there is not enough other big guilds queing. They need to give better rewards and fluff items and also allow teams of four to que in them. Then have these teams of four paired with another and face other teams that are made of of two premades which happens alot in non-ranked already. Then you could help solve some of the pugger's griefs.

Because people like to play with their friends???

This is an MMO and if you want to play alone go play a console with one of those cool "pew pew" games.

I don't want you to not be able to play with friends. I'm saying you can play with your friends vs other people that also play with their friends. Otherwise you stack skill and gear in your favor.

Though I suspect your sentiment is meant to throw the issue off its intended target. 4 john doe's teaming up isn't a problem. 4 people (friends) with an interest, skill and time (gear) teaming up together, that's a problem when they're teamed with 4 more john doe's vs 8 john doe's.

EDIT: On further realization this answers all the others that chime in with "We want to play with friends".

Edited by megoix

Just because you're in a premade doesn't mean you are going to win. Even in voice chat. I've fought 4 and 8 man premades in pugs, and we've won. I've also lost to pugs in my own premades. Player skill and team composition are huge factors. If the pug has a superior comp, chances are they will win. If they have equal skill, they have a good chance at winning. People see multiple enemies with the same guild tag and assume that they're at an advantage.

Just because you're in a premade doesn't mean you are going to win. Even in voice chat. I've fought 4 and 8 man premades in pugs, and we've won. I've also lost to pugs in my own premades. Player skill and team composition are huge factors. If the pug has a superior comp, chances are they will win. If they have equal skill, they have a good chance at winning. People see multiple enemies with the same guild tag and assume that they're at an advantage.

You're right in two aspects; it doesn't guarantee a win & skill and team composition matters. But the premade is inherently unfair in that it favor the 4 people that plays together. All I'm saying is that the inherently unfair part should be removed.

Also, just so it is said. If there's people in a warzone with the same guild tag and that equals a premade (it might not) for the sake of the argument. Then they are at an advantage. There's not really any discussion. The degree of advantage is pointless to discuss. Because we can discuss the relevance every single detail until the day we die.

They need the better matchmaking put in place to where there is no need for separate queues, but there would be no teams of 2 groups of 4 against 8 PUGs. Right now, I think that happens more than not because I think their logarithm is designed to just fill 8 spots as quick as possible and 4+4 is the path of least resistance.

I don't really care what the takes on this are anymore. Bottom line is there could be a win-win here where everyone still can queue how they want without slowing down the pops; and as long as people are unhappy now, they are just going to lose subscribers the longer it takes them to do something about it.

This isnt really about outcome. Some might be fine with premades because those premades will also guarantee a win from time to time. My problem with it is that regardless how people twist and turn things we'll have outcomes determined by premades. If you get the good one they would probably have won without you and with a bad one you can't single handedly make up for it. And that's how it is, they're either bad or good because I rarely, if ever, see really good players form premades with bads.

There would have been much more diversity, and probably also closer games, if the system had matched premades against other premades and pugs against pugs. As a pug you'd get some good and some bad players but so would the other team. It wouldnt be a RNG roll every time.

Some people make it sound like pugs are in minority and should adapt. If this is the case they shouldnt have a problem with a premade queue. I mean, surely there must be enough premades to go around. And if people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a fair fight to be established then they shouldnt play in the first place.

Edited by MidichIorian

it was going to be for them to practice up before heading into rated, fine tuning their skills, and a good chance things would have changed by season 1 or 2 at least but this hasn't come to pass and its been left to just hang around and annoy.

I find im either rolling the other team or being rolled over, with only very occasional even matchups but things will change its just over time............i have faith..............HOPE

Doesnt matter how many posts of this has already been made, just make them more maybe BW will start paying attention, because it has gone out of control. This should be really split ages ago, there is other games out there, with less player base, and they have this implemented, premade vs premade.

To everyone that is constantly reminding us this is an MMO, yes it is, that doesnt change the fact, that every MMO has also pugs and casuals, those pay as much sub as all the rest, and maybe we dont want to search for friends that play 24/7 premade pvp, and telling us when to be online so we can actualy play PVP. Most of us just want to log and play an hour or so when we have the time.

It might become as a shock to you, but we do have friends in real life, and we dont need to search for friends online to play an hour a day with them?

Stop being so hostile against casuals, because if we all casuals stop paying subs, your premades will be left with no game at all.

People of similar skill want to play together and not be bogged down by others. You can't have groups solely queue into groups because then you will have unrated rated battlegrounds basically and it is going to be very miserable on teams that aren't that good and just want to have drunken fun with friends while basically gladiators slaughter everyone.

They don't have an unfair advantage, it isn't like their abilities do more damage or anything, they just play as a group better. Skill and coordination is to be encouraged, despite what you think. All you nay sayers to premades keep on being in denial. You just hate that people are playing better than you.

Edited by Abkhazia

People of similar skill want to play together and not be bogged down by others. You can't have groups solely queue into groups because then you will have unrated rated battlegrounds basically and it is going to be very miserable on teams that aren't that good and just want to have drunken fun with friends while basically gladiators slaughter everyone.

They don't have an unfair advantage, it isn't like their abilities do more damage or anything, they just play as a group better. Skill and coordination is to be encouraged, despite what you think. All you nay sayers to premades keep on being in denial. You just hate that people are playing better than you.

I have trouble understanding that when you use an argument that uses the premise of basically "gladiators vs drunken fun friends" that somehow, "gladiators" vs "drunken fun randoms" is better. It's not better, its way way worse.

There's only 2 possible immediate solutions to this. That will remove the inherit unfairness now currently in the game.

1. Remove the ability to queue as a group all together.

2. Make people that queue as a group play versus others that queue as a group.

With all those 'evil' premades running around, atleast every other game you should play as teamed with one... if you still loose with 4 'god all mighty voip fotm premade hackers' then maybe you are just... bad..?

for the record, I pug all the time since I'm in pve guild, have life etc... most of games are fun, but sometimes you see so bad/stupid players, I just wanna /gquit and join pvp guild who runs premades 24/7...

This isnt really about outcome. Some might be fine with premades because those premades will also guarantee a win from time to time. My problem with it is that regardless how people twist and turn things we'll have outcomes determined by premades. If you get the good one they would probably have won without you and with a bad one you can't single handedly make up for it. And that's how it is, they're either bad or good because I rarely, if ever, see really good players form premades with bads.

There would have been much more diversity, and probably also closer games, if the system had matched premades against other premades and pugs against pugs. As a pug you'd get some good and some bad players but so would the other team. It wouldnt be a RNG roll every time.

Some people make it sound like pugs are in minority and should adapt. If this is the case they shouldnt have a problem with a premade queue. I mean, surely there must be enough premades to go around. And if people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a fair fight to be established then they shouldnt play in the first place.

Signed.

I have trouble understanding that when you use an argument that uses the premise of basically "gladiators vs drunken fun friends" that somehow, "gladiators" vs "drunken fun randoms" is better. It's not better, its way way worse.

I didn't say it was better.. I was saying it was worse which is why we can't have groups vs groups in unrated pvp. I think you missed the point sorry if i was unclear?

There's only 2 possible immediate solutions to this. That will remove the inherit unfairness now currently in the game.

1. Remove the ability to queue as a group all together.

I will not even dignify this with a response.

2. Make people that queue as a group play versus others that queue as a group.

Premade haters like to run on this but it is a terrible point when thought out for reasons I just described;. More skilled groups will obliterate lesser skilled groups without a rating system which cannot currently work in this game, nor does it make sense anyway because the warzones are inherently bad for competitive pvp which is another argument though. Lesser skilled groups will pretty much never queue then and we'll see group pvp destroy itself with your proposed "solution" and suddenly people can't play with friends which is entirely unacceptable.

I think the issue here is that people do not actually realize how underskilled they are and when they run into more skilled opponents they want to blame it on the fact that there are too many of them in a single warzone (which good players virtually across the board absolutely HATE queuing solo into random battlegrounds btw and would sooner quit)

I don't really see the problem tbh. ANYONE and EVERYONE is able to group up. It's not like you were born not being able to while some people are... Forming a group in trade is much better than not. Pugging is not the same as randoming. Pugging is MUCH better, not to mention more entertaining. Do you guys not like other people or something?

Edited by Abkhazia