Guard only for Tank disciplines in 6.0

Isagoras

Honestly, the more you post, the more it really shows that you either don't actually play solo ranked yourself, or barely do, the same problem Zurules has.

You might view my choice to not queue anymore in solo ranked as a problem. The difference is that in the past when i played solo ranked(and group ranked), i had the luxury to play with and against some of better player to play this game, consistently.

I consider you unlucky because you will most likely never get the chance to play vs the same caliber of players that i had the pleasure of playing with and against from the past. The very limited games of solo ranked i've played combined with the fact that they put the best players in the queue with the worst, was just the final nail in the coffin for me to ever have the chance to have another high quality game in solo ranked. So i stopped, for me playing with people who don't know what they are doing in ranked is not my kind of fun.

The real problem is that the highest lvl of play from the players who play today vs the highest lvl of play from us players from the past who have stopped playing ranked is actually significantly different. You are simply playing ranked at the time when the skill in ranked is simply at its lowest.

Off-guard is part in the balance and game design of pvp. When used correctly it can be life saving. If used incorrectly it actually can have the opposite effect. This allows an avenue for skill to make a difference which is for me more complex and what is fun about the pvp in this game for me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saddest part is that Hottie and I agree on the underlying issue! We are simply disagreeing on the severity of the problem. Offguarding is used sometimes by good players. It isn't happening in the majority of matches on Star Forge, so it isn't ruining solo ranked. But it should still be changed, because when it is used, it's disproportionately powerful based on its ease of use.

Also, I've never claimed to have better skills than anyone on this forum, only significantly more solo ranked experience in the past two seasons.

And I still really don't care who had more experience than who.

And I still really don't care who had more experience than who.

But it's relevant when we're talking about what's actually happening in solo ranked. I'm not saying it to brag. Please believe me when I say that I am not at all interested in impressing other people via the forums.

I mean, I certainly don't think you guys are still having a meaningful discussion on the subject at hand, but now sniping each other to say your opinion is more right because you're more experienced/better/whatever.

I'm telling you the actual facts, because I actually play in these games, far more than you or anyone you know, and most likely at a higher rating.

So...you don't believe me? If you think the way I operate on this forum is designed to impress people...you must have some interesting issues in real life lol

/5char

/5char

But it's relevant when we're talking about what's actually happening in solo ranked.

Literally explained in the sentence before the one you originally quoted. Not really a complicated issue lol. You guys always amaze with your lack of reading comprehension.

Also, the vast majority of people reading these forums don't even know who I am in-game. Seriously, if you think this is me trying to impress people, you should take a hard look in the mirror, and look up what projection means.

Edited by JediMasterAlex