BW Bait and Switch

Durasturan

Let's review some examples of bait and switch by BW

1.2 Ranked WZ are announced to be in the game. Many many many pvpers resub for this sole purpose.

The night before they are set to be in the game, RWZ are pulled from the notes and there is a brief explanation that they will not be in. People leave in droves over it.

There is a survey circulating showing that BW is wanting to sell different gaming packages including new content, speeders etc, it shows different pricing models. We are calmly reassured that the content in question WILL NOT be charged for.

Now that same content they say may or may not be charged for, it is uncertain and it depends on WHEN the content comes out in relation to f2p and cash shop.

HK was in the game during Beta and pulled, he functioned 100% and there was no explanation as to WHY he was pulled.

5 months later it is announced that he is "finally ready" and will be in the game "soon." Two months after that it is announced that they have no idea when he will be in the game but that it is possible he will be delayed until after f2p goes live and we will be charged for him.

Content is promised to be released every single month. We've gotten two content patches in 8 months and the next content patch has no release date and may cost us extra money.

Open world PVP is heavily advertised and marketed telling us about how we're going to participate in enormous battles. It is broken, they pull it from the game and then tell us they are going to "fix it" they have yet to do anything with it.

The "secret space project" has been in the works for 7 months, there is absolutely NO information, not even leaked info on what it actually is and when or even IF it is coming, this is despite it being the number one priority as stated by devs.

Now I genuinely love this game, it's the best MMO I've played so far, and I love the Star Wars IP and have no plans on quitting (as of now)

But honest question. Is it possible for us to believe ANYTHING this developer says when it comes to their future plans?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No you cannot.

I wonder if they think anyone actually believes any of their statements any more? I've seen a fair amount of arrogance from many devs recently, so it's entirely possible they think they have us "hoodwinked," still.

Anyone with any grey matter can see that EA/BW will squeeze every dollar out of the F2P model, after all, they WILL lose subs.............Do not expect them to come down on your side when they could be making cash, they will drop for the cash every time....they are NOT our friends.

I wonder if they think anyone actually believes any of their statements any more? I've seen a fair amount of arrogance from many devs recently, so it's entirely possible they think they have us "hoodwinked," still.

I am pretty sure that arrogance was just an act to cover their failure.

There can always be some unexpected glitches or bugs that cause stuff to happen.

Thats why you should never believe anything will be in the game until it actually is.

Also, WZs being pulled a day before? I thought it was like a week or 2?

If anyone rejoined purely for the WZs maybe they should go to a game actually catering for PvP gamers? This isnt it...

The secret space project is just that. Secret. What happens if they say "We have 3D Space coming in december etc" and then have to push it out into later months? People get butthurt and start ranting how they are stealing our money and deceiving us.

Its just easier for them not to say anything about a release day but then people start making up pointless rumours that just make everyone all annoyed and frustrated about nothing.

Until i hear definitive proof from BW that stuff (HK) is going to have to be bought etc, i just ignore all the ToR Haters/F2P Haters and others that just have issues and want to ruin the game for others.

There can always be some unexpected glitches or bugs that cause stuff to happen.

Thats why you should never believe anything will be in the game until it actually is.

Also, WZs being pulled a day before? I thought it was like a week or 2?

If anyone rejoined purely for the WZs maybe they should go to a game actually catering for PvP gamers? This isnt it...

The secret space project is just that. Secret. What happens if they say "We have 3D Space coming in december etc" and then have to push it out into later months? People get butthurt and start ranting how they are stealing our money and deceiving us.

Its just easier for them not to say anything about a release day but then people start making up pointless rumours that just make everyone all annoyed and frustrated about nothing.

Until i hear definitive proof from BW that stuff (HK) is going to have to be bought etc, i just ignore all the ToR Haters/F2P Haters and others that just have issues and want to ruin the game for others.

RWZ we're pulled 11 hours before before the patch so it was technically less than half of one day.

And this has NOTHING to do with timetables or bugs popping up. This has to do with a company living up to its committments. If they tell us they are going to roll out content "month and after month" and then we get two content patches in nearly 9 months, well that tells you something.

When they pull content such as Ilum, HK, and RWZ without giving us any details on when we can expect them or how they are improving them much less WHEN. It also tells you something.

When their "secret space project" is so secret they can't even tell us WHAT they are doing, much less when we can expect it, you have to ask yourself a simple question. If no one knows what it is how can they be sure we'll like it?

This all goes back to a lack of communication and a general distrust of communication. You'd THINK that if they are really doing so much work to overhaul space combat that it takes them the better part of a year to implement, then they would be garnering player input and feedback and beta testing it out, but the fact that they haven't even TOLD us much less shown us, much less asked for any comments on their projects leads me to believe that they either:

a. Don't care what we want

b. Don't trust us to give good feedback

c. are doing things they KNOW we won't like

so you want them to announce everything they are trying to do and then do everything they say they are going to do.

while on a very superficial level this seems fair, in reality it doesnt work. stuff happens when a million lines of code are written. sometimes old code and new code dont like each other so much.

the reality is you either can have a company that tells you what is coming, and then deal with occasional delays and changes of mind/focus, or a company that announces nothing until it is ready then throws content out without any initial player feedback. personally i prefer the former.

This all goes back to a lack of communication and a general distrust of communication. You'd THINK that if they are really doing so much work to overhaul space combat that it takes them the better part of a year to implement, then they would be garnering player input and feedback and beta testing it out, but the fact that they haven't even TOLD us much less shown us, much less asked for any comments on their projects leads me to believe that they either:

a. Don't care what we want

b. Don't trust us to give good feedback

c. are doing things they KNOW we won't like

With the "Secret Space Project".

How do we know they still arent in the planning stages? Just trying to figure suggestions for it etc.

I dont know why people complain about something we have never had so it doesnt really matter.

It makes it even worse when we dont even know what it IS and people are still moaning. Who the hell cares then?

All that we've heard is a off topic statement saying "We've got something lined up in the future".

Im enjoying the game, i trust them to not think "People will hate this, lets do it!" and i will carry on giving them my money till a stage i stop enjoying myself.

i got a refund from amazon on my boxed game and all timecards bought from december to now based on biowares practices

by your sig you cancelled your game day one?

i mean you never could raid without a sub, exactly what was announced with ftp. but grats on amazon giving you a refund, everyone should ask for one, but dont expect amazon to be reimbursed.

Technically we have only gotten the Novare Coast Warzone as new content and we lost Ilum. The graphics fixes, warzone ranks, group finder arent really new content nor is Legacy. They are just minor convenience features. The sad thing is that this lovely story game is the same now as some trashy noname mmo, with no updates, no communication and poor gms listening to a few select forum whiners because as usual they don't actually know how things are working in game. We hoped for much better and all we get from by far the highest grossing game this year is them pan handling from us in return for new content. Sad.

How do we know they still arent in the planning stages? Just trying to figure suggestions for it etc.

I dont know why people complain about something we have never had so it doesnt really matter.

It makes it even worse when we dont even know what it IS and people are still moaning. Who the hell cares then?

All that we've heard is a off topic statement saying "We've got something lined up in the future".

Im enjoying the game, i trust them to not think "People will hate this, lets do it!" and i will carry on giving them my money till a stage i stop enjoying myself.

Based on their track record they have given NO reason for us to TRUST in what they say. Now if you can give me some reason to believe what they say or that their intentions are all for the best, that's great. So far all you've justified is why they've failed us in the past, not why we should ignore their failures and trust them going forward.

And suggesting that after 7 months (secret space project was announced in January) they are still in the planning stages doesn't exactly give me a great deal of confidence for the end result.

Not Bait and Switch OP.

Broken promises... maybe.

But really, what is your point?

uhhhh, a company breaking their promise to a consumer about the content and services being provided is the very definition of a bait and switch.

Them breaking their promises but still charging us the same amount of money makes it a bait and switch.

are you sure you know what you're talking about? do you know what a bait and switch is? plus, if you read the OP you would have seen the point.

I think all you complainers need lives... for christ's sake it's a game, get your money back if you want and move on

There are three different resolutions:

1. try and get your money back and quit

2. continue playing subpar content ignoring the broken promises and failures

3. complain until BW lives up to their agreement

please give a substantive reasonable opinion on why we should accept 1 and not 3. We've all invested hundreds of dollars into this game being strung along by the promises of new content that they keep postponing further and further back.

There are three different resolutions:

1. try and get your money back and quit

2. continue playing subpar content ignoring the broken promises and failures

3. complain until BW lives up to their agreement

please give a substantive reasonable opinion on why we should accept 1 and not 3. We've all invested hundreds of dollars into this game being strung along by the promises of new content that they keep postponing further and further back.

Yes I understand that, but it seems those who continue to complain really have no intention of returning hence why I suggested they move on and continue you know, living lol