Help, my blaster's broke.

SeanHan

Hey everyone. A new and quite hopeless player here. I'm playing as a bounty hunter and my blaster has stopped working. I don't know what I've done to cause this. When I press the button to fire nothing happens. I've tried equiping a different blaster but it makes no difference. I've spent the last half hour trying to figure it out and it's driving me nuts. Help anyone?

you just have to go to a vendor, select the repair option on the bottom of the vendor screen and then repair all (if u have enough cash) when ur item brakes tht means u've died alot, and when tht happens, ur gear breaks, hope tht helps :)

Well, actually it does not, because most likely his blaster is not broken at all. (having equipped a different blaster and all)

But good luck trying to get these people to describe their problem accurately.

Edited by Eternalnight

But if one was to ask for help describing the actual problem like this:

Hello, I'm trying to attack enemies by right clicking on them (which simply activates whatever ability is in the quickslot 1 of your ability bar) and nothing happens when I right click the enemy. I can still use all my other special attacks in my ability bars which involve use of my blasters, which means my blasters are not broken. How do I get the right click attack working again?

Then someone could tell you how to open your abilities window (press P) and drag your basic no-cost attack (rapid shot) back to the slot 1.

I bet a million credits that was the actual problem.

But people never say it like that, but always instead write some nonsense about their blasters being broken, which means they it is very hard for anyone to help them.

Edited by Eternalnight

From other threads like this that I've seen, I'd guess that you're right-clicking to attack, but that's not working anymore. this is because right-click is hard-bound to Hotbar Slot 1 and will *always* do whatever's in that slot. If you've moved your basic attack button out of slot 1, then right-clicking will no longer do anything. Move your attack back to slot 1 or push the button/click the button from its new home for your attacks going forward.

Well he said he is a noob so he probably isnt even targeting an enemy :p

now in all seriousness an actual description of the problem would help but I'm assuming that u might have messed up your actionbars a bit which has caused your blaster ability to not fire when u right-click

Okay, perhaps I should have been a little more clear. I had tried all of the things that you guys suggested before I posted my help request here. I'll create a new character and start again as I was only up to level 3 so it's no big deal. Thanks for your suggestions. ;)

Okay, perhaps I should have been a little more clear. I had tried all of the things that you guys suggested before I posted my help request here. I'll create a new character and start again as I was only up to level 3 so it's no big deal. Thanks for your suggestions. ;)

Creating a new character won't help if you repeat the actions you took before. A quick summary of what you've done, and what you are doing. Please read it:

- You probably 'fire blaster' by right clicking on an enemy, am I right?

- Right-clicking doesn't actually fire the blaster, it in fact activates the ability in quickslot 1

- By default the ability in quickslot 1 will be your 'free' ability, one that doesn't generate heat (Rapid Shot)

- Nearly all your other abilities will generate heat and so aren't 'free' and won't be able to be used if your heat is too high

- You have moved things around on your quickslots, so you don't have Rapid Shot ability in slot 1

To fix this:

- Open up your abilities panel (P)

- Find Rapid Shot and drag it into slot 1

You can now 'fire your blaster' by right clicking an enemy

Further advice would be:

- learn to use your abilities without right-clicking (by pressing number keys, for example)

- learn how your abilities work

Edited by shama

More advice: Click the little padlock at the left end of your quickslot bar to lock, or unlock your quickslot setup. It's easy to drag an ability off the bar or shuffle two abilities around if your quickslot bar is unlocked.

Are you trying to use alignment bound blasters? Could it be that your alignment isnt correlating with that of the blaster anymore? Reason I brought it up is that it just happened to one of my companions. I'm going from Dark V to light and when I got below Dark III Ashara's lightsabers stopped working, it was highlighted by a blinking red armor suit above her avatar. Not sure if it looks the same when it happens to the main char or if it even works the same way.

Thanks again for the advice. I managed to get it sorted. When I created a new character I realised straight away what I'd done wrong. When I'd upgraded a weapon, my blaster, I'd actually put it on the action bar at the bottom of the screen instead of dragging it onto my character sheet. So I went into my abilities window and dragged the rapid shots icon onto the first slot on my action bar and now my blaster is working fine.

Thanks again for the advice. I managed to get it sorted. When I created a new character I realised straight away what I'd done wrong. When I'd upgraded a weapon, my blaster, I'd actually put it on the action bar at the bottom of the screen instead of dragging it onto my character sheet. So I went into my abilities window and dragged the rapid shots icon onto the first slot on my action bar and now my blaster is working fine.

Good, glad you got it sorted. Now you know the difference between abilities and weapons.

Abilities are the way that you use weapons, so there isn't just a single 'fire blaster' button - there are many.