Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some simple text macros would make PvP more fun/fair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Some simple text macros would make PvP more fun/fair

Master-Nala
02.20.2013 , 10:51 AM | #1
I would really like to see clickable abilities that we can hotbar that says to the operation group:

Incoming [snow]
Incoming [middle]
Incoming [grass]
Incoming [left]
Incoming [right]
Incoming [south]
Incoming [west]
Incoming [east]
Incoming [pylon]

As many, many others have commented, the lack of calls is one of the most frustrating things. The lack of available communication options hampers PUG groups heavily. This wouldn't fix everything, of course, but it sure would make things more fun. For me at least.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Llama-Eight
02.20.2013 , 11:01 AM | #2
A single button that would post "incoming" & append the user's location (or the nearest node/pylon/etc)? Yeah, that'd be useful.

Maybe they could sell them as single-use consumables on the cartel shop.

Master-Nala
02.20.2013 , 11:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Llama-Eight View Post
Maybe they could sell them as single-use consumables on the cartel shop.
lol

Don't be so cranky!
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!

cycao
02.20.2013 , 11:08 AM | #4
Here is my set up as I solo defend more than half the games I am in.

I always have west/east/south/snow/grass (or w/e) 1 in your chat. This is primarily for the stealth attack, non stealth you can obviously change to inc X but as soon as I see a stealth I fire off the message. I have also gotten pretty proficient of typing out locations, primarily east/west with my left hand and any number of inc with my right hand which speeds things up in case a second stealth shows up (I never assume that the stealth is alone).

Would it be nice to get some sort of call out in ops where you could set a hotkey, yes. Would it still help out those who do not call out ins...probably not.

Master-Nala
02.20.2013 , 11:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Would it still help out those who do not call out ins...probably not.
Agreed. But there is only so much you can do there anyway.

Polymerize
02.20.2013 , 11:17 AM | #6
I would fully support text macros.

Combat macros? Nah.

LaVall
02.20.2013 , 01:19 PM | #7
When I'm node guarding I type "incoming location " in the ops chat and close it (with location being my location e.g. grass). Then if there's say 2 incoming I can hit enter, 2, enter really quick to call it.

robegan
02.20.2013 , 01:29 PM | #8
I just pre-type the "inc" calls in chat ahead of time. Then during the WZ, I can just scroll through them using the arrow keys and add a number. It isn't always perfect, but it's better than having my teammates see the inc call two seconds before they see the "defeated" message and the node getting capped.
[Ewwepo - Jedi Sage][ Eira - Sith Sorcerer]
[Hagahooah - Vanguard][Galatha - Operative]
[Yudhisthira - Jedi Sentinel][Zahrathustra - Sith Assassin]

Dosan Legacy - Jedi Covenant

kamikrazy
02.20.2013 , 01:32 PM | #9
What about being able to ping your minimap to indicate incoming? Of course, there's always some room for abuse but I'm sure the geniuses at BW can figure out a good system.
Another possibility would be to have your icon in the minimap change colors depending on whether you're in combat or not, OR to have the icons have a percentage fill based on your HP%. Again, I'll leave this for the experts to implement a good system.

foxmob
02.20.2013 , 01:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Here is my set up as I solo defend more than half the games I am in.

I always have west/east/south/snow/grass (or w/e) 1 in your chat. This is primarily for the stealth attack, non stealth you can obviously change to inc X but as soon as I see a stealth I fire off the message. I have also gotten pretty proficient of typing out locations, primarily east/west with my left hand and any number of inc with my right hand which speeds things up in case a second stealth shows up (I never assume that the stealth is alone).

Would it be nice to get some sort of call out in ops where you could set a hotkey, yes. Would it still help out those who do not call out ins...probably not.
I agree with your strat, and I've used it in various forms, but at the end of the day, I find it to be more trouble than it's worth. the number of times I've tried to pull off an abil (pop a dcd before typing) and nothing's happened cuz I'm typing in /ops chat is amazing. so theoretically, I do agree that this is the best current strat w/o voice, but in practice...I'd rather have to enter and type 2g. or 3w. w/e.
Krack