Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FIX Troop/BH Energy Differences NOW EA/BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
FIX Troop/BH Energy Differences NOW EA/BW

GhostSafari
02.20.2013 , 01:17 AM | #1
The ratios at which spending heat/ammo cells are not mathematically proportionate and if this is not fixed after a year of ERROR, I WILL BE LEAVING!

I love this game too! So please Dev Team... Fix this blatant unbalance so that the trooper is on par MATHEMATICALLY with the Bounty hunter!

This is plain incompetency at this point, and again.... I love this game!
Your life now is the result of every choice made from the hand you were dealt.

af_raptura
02.20.2013 , 02:01 PM | #2
The problem with this request is that the players are already used to the way their characters function mechanically/mathematically. I have heard trooper players like their resource system because they can easily count how much ammo is missing from their bar (its kind of easy to count to 12, right?), so if they change their resource to say 100 ammo, they will not be able to do this (count to 100 while watching for procs, cooldowns, and debuffs), so troopers might have some cause to complain and say that once again, empire is the favored faction. Likewise, if they change the Bounty Hunter resources to 12 heat max, it would require some adjustment on my part. Keep in mind, that I played both, so it would be easier for me, but in general, I feel more comfortable with 0-100 heat. Also, since the current system favors hunters, such a change would seem like a bounty hunter nerf, which would lead to an outcry from the imperial faction. So if a change is made, it is likely to seem like the devs are screwing over one faction. In the long run, it might be good for the game as a whole to eliminate anything that might be misconstrued as one faction having an advantage, but in the short term, I think one side will be really upset.

TL : DR The devs can't really fix this without upseting one faction.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

cycao
02.20.2013 , 02:03 PM | #3
YEAH...and nerf operatives while you are at it.

SOULCASTER
02.20.2013 , 02:04 PM | #4
I DO prefer the 12 ammo system better, because it IS easier to see and manage. Despite it not being proportional or fair to its BH counterpart. That said however, I wouldn't mind a 100heat system on commando, the only thing I HATE about the BH heat system is it uses a reverse mechanic. 0 means you have full action and 100 means you're out of action Coming from playing my 100 force shadow/assassin or my sage sorc where the action bars are similar and deplete, i HATE switching to my BH and having the reverse effect.

And the devs CAN fix this easily:
I would like 100 ammo/heat system for BH and commando, but make it friggin normal. I dont like the building heat mechanic at all.

Carter_Mathis
02.20.2013 , 02:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
YEAH...and nerf operatives while you are at it.
Now you're just stating the obvious