Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow tank vs Assassin dps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shadow tank vs Assassin dps

RaithHarth
02.18.2013 , 06:02 PM | #1
Shadow tanks stands no chance in a 1 vs 1 match, even with 25 k health the amount of damage I take with full elite pvp survival gear, why don't tanks get a rebound counter ability? instead we have debuffs and a four second stun?
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

NoTomorrow
02.18.2013 , 06:04 PM | #2
You should have a look on how Pyrotech plays against Shield Tech.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

yauhen_pt
02.18.2013 , 06:05 PM | #3
Go dps gear

Edit: I think juggernaut tank in tank gear will not have a chance vs dps assassin, full geared tanks can buy only some time

Edit2:
Quote:
instead we have debuffs and a four second stun?
u have also out of stealth spike, and FC+mind trap
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

RaithHarth
02.18.2013 , 06:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
Go dps gear

Edit: I think juggernaut tank in tank gear will not have a chance vs dps assassin, full geared tanks can buy only some time
The idea of a Shadow tank in dps gear seems abit unjustified, since tanks should stick what they are good at, but apparently the tank spec in pvp is broken until Bioware does something about it.

yauhen_pt
02.18.2013 , 06:15 PM | #5
They r good, they can guard, they easy to heal and they hard to die. Do u need a god mode button?
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

RaithHarth
02.18.2013 , 06:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
They r good, they can guard, they easy to heal and they hard to die. Do u need a god mode button?
yes easy to heal if there is a healer around, if they stand on there own without one it becomes a problem especially against a dps spec

yauhen_pt
02.18.2013 , 06:25 PM | #7
Can't help u

Xerain
02.18.2013 , 06:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
The idea of a Shadow tank in dps gear seems abit unjustified, since tanks should stick what they are good at, but apparently the tank spec in pvp is broken until Bioware does something about it.
A sin tank build in full dps gear is pretty godly for 1v1's. The only thing that's going to consistently beat it is... What you're complaining about in this thread.

RaithHarth
02.18.2013 , 06:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
A sin tank build in full dps gear is pretty godly for 1v1's. The only thing that's going to consistently beat it is... What you're complaining about in this thread.
Like I said the tank spec is broken in pvp, which is why tanks are switching over to dps gear instead of tank gear

yauhen_pt
02.18.2013 , 06:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Like I said the tank spec is broken in pvp, which is why tanks are switching over to dps gear instead of tank gear
U mean dps spec is broken in pvp, which is why dps are switching over to some tank gear and go dark charge.