Some simple text macros would make PvP more fun/fair

Master-Nala

I would really like to see clickable abilities that we can hotbar that says to the operation group:

Incoming [snow]

Incoming [middle]

Incoming [grass]

Incoming

Incoming

Incoming [south]

Incoming [west]

Incoming [east]

Incoming [pylon]

As many, many others have commented, the lack of calls is one of the most frustrating things. The lack of available communication options hampers PUG groups heavily. This wouldn't fix everything, of course, but it sure would make things more fun. For me at least.

Here is my set up as I solo defend more than half the games I am in.

I always have west/east/south/snow/grass (or w/e) 1 in your chat. This is primarily for the stealth attack, non stealth you can obviously change to inc X but as soon as I see a stealth I fire off the message. I have also gotten pretty proficient of typing out locations, primarily east/west with my left hand and any number of inc with my right hand which speeds things up in case a second stealth shows up (I never assume that the stealth is alone).

Would it be nice to get some sort of call out in ops where you could set a hotkey, yes. Would it still help out those who do not call out ins...probably not.

I just pre-type the "inc" calls in chat ahead of time. Then during the WZ, I can just scroll through them using the arrow keys and add a number. It isn't always perfect, but it's better than having my teammates see the inc call two seconds before they see the "defeated" message and the node getting capped.

What about being able to ping your minimap to indicate incoming? Of course, there's always some room for abuse but I'm sure the geniuses at BW can figure out a good system.

Another possibility would be to have your icon in the minimap change colors depending on whether you're in combat or not, OR to have the icons have a percentage fill based on your HP%. Again, I'll leave this for the experts to implement a good system.

Here is my set up as I solo defend more than half the games I am in.

I always have west/east/south/snow/grass (or w/e) 1 in your chat. This is primarily for the stealth attack, non stealth you can obviously change to inc X but as soon as I see a stealth I fire off the message. I have also gotten pretty proficient of typing out locations, primarily east/west with my left hand and any number of inc with my right hand which speeds things up in case a second stealth shows up (I never assume that the stealth is alone).

Would it be nice to get some sort of call out in ops where you could set a hotkey, yes. Would it still help out those who do not call out ins...probably not.

I agree with your strat, and I've used it in various forms, but at the end of the day, I find it to be more trouble than it's worth. the number of times I've tried to pull off an abil (pop a dcd before typing) and nothing's happened cuz I'm typing in /ops chat is amazing. so theoretically, I do agree that this is the best current strat w/o voice, but in practice...I'd rather have to enter and type 2g. or 3w. w/e.

I would really like to see clickable abilities that we can hotbar that says to the operation group:

Incoming [snow]

Incoming [middle]

Incoming [grass]

Incoming

Incoming

Incoming [south]

Incoming [west]

Incoming [east]

Incoming [pylon]

As many, many others have commented, the lack of calls is one of the most frustrating things. The lack of available communication options hampers PUG groups heavily. This wouldn't fix everything, of course, but it sure would make things more fun. For me at least.

That would be absouletly awesome, like in the good old EnemyTerritory, that was so much fun. Also team speak would not hurt ether, even SWG had it.

I agree with your strat, and I've used it in various forms, but at the end of the day, I find it to be more trouble than it's worth. the number of times I've tried to pull off an abil (pop a dcd before typing) and nothing's happened cuz I'm typing in /ops chat is amazing. so theoretically, I do agree that this is the best current strat w/o voice, but in practice...I'd rather have to enter and type 2g. or 3w. w/e.

I can see your point. Though with hundreds and hundreds of matches of solo guarding I guess its just second nature for me to be able to type anything and not mess up my rotation.

A single button that would post "incoming" & append the user's location (or the nearest node/pylon/etc)? Yeah, that'd be useful.

Maybe they could sell them as single-use consumables on the cartel shop.

Dude....don't give them any more nickle and dime ideas. Major Party Foul

Edited by SOULCASTER

In Warcraft 3, you can left click on the mini-map and it generates a “ding” sound and red ripples from the center of the click on the mini map for all allies. This feature was used by allies to warn others on where they spotted enemies on the map.

I suggest the same or similar feature implement in SWTOR. Players can simply click on the mini-map, and a “ding” sound and red ripples from the center of the click would be generated for all members of the team on their mini-map to warn where enemies are spotted. An additional optional function should also be implemented to generate a text warning for players who select this option.

The con of this feature is that some players may troll the team by repetitively clicking on the mini-map randomly to confuse the team. Maybe an internal cooldown of 5 seconds for the mini-map click needs to be implemented to alleviate this con.

In Warcraft 3, you can left click on the mini-map and it generates a “ding” sound and red ripples from the center of the click on the mini map for all allies. This feature was used by allies to warn others on where they spotted enemies on the map.

I suggest the same or similar feature implement in SWTOR. Players can simply click on the mini-map, and a “ding” sound and red ripples from the center of the click would be generated for all members of the team on their mini-map to warn where enemies are spotted. An additional optional function should also be implemented to generate a text warning for players who select this option.

The con of this feature is that some players may troll the team by repetitively clicking on the mini-map randomly to confuse the team. Maybe an internal cooldown of 5 seconds for the mini-map click needs to be implemented to alleviate this con.

See above several posts for nearly-identical suggestion ;)