Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Open World PvP Comms?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Open World PvP Comms?

MiaRB
02.20.2013 , 12:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
I have always been in favor of rewarding wpvp.

My friends and I do it regularly just for fun and that is enough, but so are wz's and pve... but we simply have no incentive to do wpvp. There are systems out there that can restrict the kill trading, and even some very creative ways to implement objectives as well instead of this "here's the node, here's the cube, cube go to node" bs.

Bw could pull this off if they really tried or cared, but I'm doubtful of either.
BW tried to restrict kill trading back on ilum and people just organized larger kill trade groups. all those 40 v 40 "fights" were nothing more than kill trade groups.

why would or should BW invest dev time to create a complex OWPVP system that will constantly be exploited? its not needed because people who like owpvp and do it for fun already do it.

gree event just further shows that more people just want to farm rewards and dont really want or care about PVP. even on PVP servers you have people waiting in lines in PVP area. during this event people who want to and like to PVP are PVPing and not worrying about how fast they can get quests done. the people who just want to farm rewards wait in line and complain in gen chat for hours on end.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Belly
02.20.2013 , 12:10 PM | #12
I like Aion's system. Everybody is ranked based on the amount of Abyss Points (AP) they have. Killing players nets you AP, being killed loses AP. The higher your rank, the more you'd lose. And you wouldn't gain AP from a particular target after killing him 2 or 3 times within a certain time period, not exactly sure how long it was. Also, you could only gain a certain amount of AP from all sources over a certain period of time, meaning your rampage would end eventually, if the other side didn't organize a group and decide to end it for you.

Naturally, there will always be some people exploiting, but it made for some fun fights.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

LanceCorporalDan
02.20.2013 , 12:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
BW tried to restrict kill trading back on ilum and people just organized larger kill trade groups. all those 40 v 40 "fights" were nothing more than kill trade groups.

why would or should BW invest dev time to create a complex OWPVP system that will constantly be exploited? its not needed because people who like owpvp and do it for fun already do it.

gree event just further shows that more people just want to farm rewards and dont really want or care about PVP. even on PVP servers you have people waiting in lines in PVP area. during this event people who want to and like to PVP are PVPing and not worrying about how fast they can get quests done. the people who just want to farm rewards wait in line and complain in gen chat for hours on end.
The gree event i an entirely different topic on its own.

The system doesn't have to be complex for it to work.

And why should they? Because our subs are paying their paychecks, that's their job! To improve the game. Groups fighting each other doesn't mean they are kill trading, maybe they were just fighting. And if BW DID spend that time creating such a system then it would be effective and restrict attempts at exploitation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
I like Aion's system. Everybody is ranked based on the amount of Abyss Points (AP) they have. Killing players nets you AP, being killed loses AP. The higher your rank, the more you'd lose. And you wouldn't gain AP from a particular target after killing him 2 or 3 times within a certain time period, not exactly sure how long it was. Also, you could only gain a certain amount of AP from all sources over a certain period of time, meaning your rampage would end eventually, if the other side didn't organize a group and decide to end it for you.

Naturally, there will always be some people exploiting, but it made for some fun fights.
This is an example of how simple it is. Another game has already done it and there are more out there. I quite like that system as I have played it.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Crujido
02.20.2013 , 12:13 PM | #14
Illum showed how beautiful open world pvp was in this game
CyE GwAzI: The GwAzI Kamakazi Uzi
[GB]: VoX: Black Ops & Gears of War(2)
Level 50 Vindicator/Force Mystic/Scrapper
MLG Rank: 41581