Akaavi Spar...Wow

gumbydpl

Is it just me or is Akaavi like seriously OP? A high DPS companion that wears Heavy armor? Last night I cleared the first three Heroic 4 missions on Hoth by myself. She "tanks" and I heal her and DPS as well. I didn't expect her to be this good. I planned on using Guss when I got him because he seems awesome, but Akaavi is such a wrecking ball!

FYI I am running a Hybrid Build.

Is it just me or is Akaavi like seriously OP? A high DPS companion that wears Heavy armor? Last night I cleared the first three Heroic 4 missions on Hoth by myself. She "tanks" and I heal her and DPS as well. I didn't expect her to be this good. I planned on using Guss when I got him because he seems awesome, but Akaavi is such a wrecking ball!

FYI I am running a Hybrid Build.

Yes she is... when well geared she's like a huge brick wall hitting the enemy's face.

Back in my old server i had a 50 gunslinger and i had a relationship with Akaavi.

She was my tank and melee dps while i stayed back shooting.

But even before my 1st aimed shot fires, she had already taken down 2 common enemies and was already running for a third one.

She's one of my favorite companions too with that feeling of independent woman or hers.

Edited by Haggardbr

Put her in tanking gear (it helps to have an Armormech alt/friend/guildmate) and she can tank nearly as well as the tank companions. Only lacks a proper taunt. And few Tank companions are that good anyway. Yeah, I use her lots, and win fights with her that I lose with Corso/Bowdaar.

Put her in tanking gear (it helps to have an Armormech alt/friend/guildmate) and she can tank nearly as well as the tank companions. Only lacks a proper taunt. And few Tank companions are that good anyway. Yeah, I use her lots, and win fights with her that I lose with Corso/Bowdaar.
Is she mechanically identical to Torian Cadera and Sergeant Yuun?

Is she mechanically identical to Torian Cadera and Sergeant Yuun?

Not to Yuun, certainly. I think she's more AoE oriented than him, flamethrower and a concussive wave attack. While Yuun isn't entirely single target, that's most of what he does. I'm afraid my BH isn't far enough along to have Torian to compare, but I suspect they're very similar.

Not to Yuun, certainly. I think she's more AoE oriented than him, flamethrower and a concussive wave attack. While Yuun isn't entirely single target, that's most of what he does. I'm afraid my BH isn't far enough along to have Torian to compare, but I suspect they're very similar.

They are indeed identical. I really dont get to use him that much on my PT tho.

Also not all compainions are born equal. My troopers healing companion uses AIM as main stat akd wear heavy armor which are far more tankier compare to mako and such ones in medium armor.

And if you compare the ability sets and tooltip numbers heavy armored healing companions heals and offdps just as god regardless of having far better armor.

Please don't speak about this anymore.I don't think Bioware meant to make Akaavi so capable.If they find out how good Akaavi really is,they might nerf her! :)

I think somehow Akaavi's attacks bypasses the target's armor,I don't know if it's by design or by mistake.I think that's why she seems to hit so hard.

one of her stances gives her better armor penetration. that might be why.

I don't think it's that (or maybe somehow they gave her more armor penetration than they meant to).Akaavi seems to damage the way Watchman Sentinels do.Not many big hits,no big flurries,the target just seems to melt when she hits them.

Akaavi is wonderful! I used to alternate between her and Corso when playing my little healer-scoundrel. Akaavi for "kill-em-fast"-playing and Corso when I needed to turtle up a bit. Tank+healer takes a while but I very very seldom dies. Those two are great fun to play with.

Really should start getting good gear for Akaavi now :D

one of her stances gives her better armor penetration. that might be why.

I have been going back and forth in my head for a while as to which one of her stances are better. I usually keep her in the bleed stance, unless we are fighting an Elite, then I will switch her to the armor penetration stance. But I have no idea if this is the best way of doing things or not.

Anyone have any ideas or incites into this?

i don't even know how hard her bleeds hit for haha.

I have been going back and forth in my head for a while as to which one of her stances are better. I usually keep her in the bleed stance, unless we are fighting an Elite, then I will switch her to the armor penetration stance. But I have no idea if this is the best way of doing things or not.

Anyone have any ideas or incites into this?

i don't even know how hard her bleeds hit for haha.

i've actually been wondering this myself, lol.

AP is something I use against large robots, heavily armoured sith and/or bounty hunters, and usually against bosses. The reason for the first is obvious, but with the bosses it's because if you use bleed against them and then try to get out of the fight with Disappearing Act, the next time they take damage it breaks your stealth.

This is a bad thing if you are attempting to do a Heroic with just yourself and Akaavi.

I always thought the AP stance is better for trash mobs, since it gives a small but constant DPS boost; while the bleed stance is better for elites and bosses since you don't get the full periodic damage on mobs that die too fast. But the Dissapearing Act thing is a good point. Hmmm...

Yeah I never thought of it that way. Trash dies to quickly for the bleed to do much damage, but AP gives a small boost regardless. For bosses and Champs/Elites, they are probably heavily armored so AP would be good, but you would also get the full damage out of the bleed. But if you need to use Disappearing Act to escape, you run the risk of having a bleed on and coming out of stealth.

So it seems the bleed stance has a few drawbacks but the AP stance doesnt have any. I think we found our winner, unless I am missing something or you guys see a flaw in my logic.....

If you compare ability to ability, in general, Akaavi does higher damage moves on shorter cooldowns compared to other melee classes, while having the benefit of heavy armor. Additionally, some of her attacks are elemental damage, bypassing armor.

Just wait for HK-51 though. He'll be the equalizer.

That would be a total waste seeing how she can't equip a Shield, making all those shield/absorb stats useless.