life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

I love your signature. I foresee this thread taking the same turn. It's a shame, i'm not saddened so much about spending the money, its about the fact that.. well as you put it... I feel like the enjoyment I take in christmas/holiday season [to be politically correct and such!] is being exploited by Bioware.

TBH I will probably just cut in to my credit fund and buy some packs off the GTN [most likely at 1-2 mil a pop ): ], and use the my real money to give tangible gift's to family/friends etc.

Yeah the moneys not the issue really, certainly I spend more on online gaming in total, it's the principle.

It's like being mugged (as an experience) doens't get much better whether you are on the breadline or a billionaire.

Doing it as the "Christmas" Event just rubs salt into the wound. :(

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could buy them(almost all) from other players, but with them being avaible from market it's unlikely people will ever buy them for price greater than materials cost.

^ I fear your right on predicating few will see them worth making now. I feel sad, as these massive grind are there only to get sub to buy thing form the cartel shop rather than earn them or buy them form crafter (Yes we have the choice but it not a good one), there not even trying to hide it at all. This doesn’t bold well for the future. Looks like either your going to spending your life grinding to get things in game or pay up.

I’m sure if there charging this much for event stuff, we will be paying a lot for Cather and Makeb sub or not.

The skipped a tier of ship weapons/armor going straight to tier 7 lol, and made them cost so much money that you'd have to be CAPPED to buy them, and made the missions difficult that they are physically impossible to finish without tier 7 gear. But don't worry, you can buy them for real money.

Just to hit on this... They did not skip a tier. Blue Grade 5 is Tier 5 vendor sold, Purple Cybertech Crafted ones are Tier 6

I think to use word 'event' is a bit misleading. :(

I actually got very excited.

I cant wait for this whole thing to blow up in BW's faces to be honest... If it does that is.. BUT I suspect that IF it does, it will happen in the next 5-6 hours as it hit's American breakfast time and the bulk of the community finds out about this all at once.

Not sure if servers are even up but did they just re-skin the same BS and slap a higher price tag on it?

Pass either way not paying any $$$ for this BS nor am I using the allotted coins from my previous time (already spent on other Legacy perks anyways) but doesnt cover the cost of 12 characters... ..!.. EA

Very simply put, this is what people were dreading when f2p was announced.

-No way to get this in-game outside of opening your wallet

-spending hours grinding credits

You can shave a wookie many times, you can only skin them once.Believe it or not, not everything has to be profit focussed.

I can understand them putting it on the cartel market for lazy chumps with disposeable income.

I can understand them putting it on the cartel market for people to GTN or buy off the GTN

I can't understand them not releasing a nice simple event like the GAR and we can spend a week having fun with our guildies and get the gear if we choose to do it this way.

I ahve the disposeable income to buy these packs, I refuse to pay that fat ***** anymore money for something that really should have been ingame.

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/5

Only one of them is grade 6, the rest are grade five, made with promethium etc. I guess you didn't play test the PTS? It's virtually impossible to beat the new missions with the best of the current tier of gear. I can beat the old missions without taking a single point of damage... I died many many many times before getting one clear on the new ones. It's a total waste of time and the rewards are seriously not worth it... kind of like section X lol.

If you are dying on section x, the problem is you. Rewards on section x are great for the time spent.

Just to hit on this... They did not skip a tier. Blue Grade 5 is Tier 5 vendor sold, Purple Cybertech Crafted ones are Tier 6

Level 43 purples crafted with all grade five mats? you mean those purples? lol, ok. Look at the stat variation from the tier five purples. only one item in the current tier is crafted with grade six mats, the rest are grade five.

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/5

Only one of them is grade 6, the rest are grade five, made with promethium etc. I guess you didn't play test the PTS? It's virtually impossible to beat the new missions with the best of the current tier of gear. I can beat the old missions without taking a single point of damage... I died many many many times before getting one clear on the new ones. It's a total waste of time and the rewards are seriously not worth it... kind of like section X lol.

The purple ship items are indeed Grade 6 regardless of the crafting mat requirements and are much better than the blue Grade 5 stuff you get from the fleet vendor.

Almost no one (myself included) was able to test the new space missions using all the currently available purple ship gear. If they prove to be too hard, I'm sure they will get nerfed - everything else does.

If you are dying on section x, the problem is you. Rewards on section x are great for the time spent.

did I say I was dying in section x? no. but the fact is that I can clear ilum and bh in the same time it takes to clear x and get twice as many credits.

it's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of it being a buggy pos with poor drop rates.

Hmm... guess I missed a meeting. I was not expecting an event. It was not on PTS or part of 1.6. So... what is this need for an event all of the sudden?

Events are never on PTS, or even announced before they are already here.

It's still 2 whole weeks till Christmas. So maybe, I dunno, uhmmmm, they like, have a Life Day event actually around Christmas instead of weeks in advance already?

That would only ignite even more hate in people.

New stuff is time-limited, so for all you know it could get removed in 2 weeks.

But it also could be discounted by 50% or 75%(in my opinion, time limited stuff should never get discounted, as it's not promotion, it's just atempt to make some more people buy it before it gets removed), or even made free by means of an event. Then floodgates get torn open and we are swimming in rage why oh why BW made them spend money or credits on stuff they can now get with some effort ingame.

No, if there is supposed to be an event, it has to be released(or at the very least announced) together with this patch.

did I say I was dying in section x? no. but the fact is that I can clear ilum and bh in the same time it takes to clear x and get twice as many credits.

it's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of it being a buggy pos with poor drop rates.

If you are doing dalies for credits, there is your problem.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Strange, I thought the entire point of the thread and it's even in the title, is that BW is focusing more on the Cartel Shop than on improving the game overall. And my point is right in line with that. 15 additions to the cartel shop, only a single bug fix.

It's a shame and a sham and I'm not quite sure how you missed that point. Maybe it's a bit too late or too early for your critical thinking skills to be warmed up...

You are misreading the patch notes... your 15 bullets for cartel shop, 1 bullet for bug fix, and its a cartel shop bug fix is because you were only looking at the cartel shop section of the patch notes?

- Companion gear no longer alters player character stats when modified.

- Players who previously unlearned a Crew Skill no longer lose schematics when learning new schematics from reverse engineering.

- Players no longer occasionally see other players on their personal starship.

- A tooltip issue that caused identical items in the inventory to appear to count towards a set bonus (even when not equipped) has been corrected.

^ Very much bugfixes

Numerous other changes, that almost border on bugfixes...

- The requirements for offense and defense bronze medals have been lowered. Players now receive each medal the first time they receive associated objective points, regardless of the value.

- Bolster now appears as a positive effect that cannot be removed by the player (instead of as a negative effect).

- The ammo count for missiles and proton torpedoes now includes the missile or torpedo in the chamber.

- Imperial Agents, Sith Inquisitors, and Jedi Consulars can now swap Power Conversion Modules by right-clicking them.

Next, thread title "life day items on cartel market insulting." This thread title is very specific about life day items, not bugs or the cartel market in general or what subscribers get vs free to play, or the general direction of the game. It very clearly states that the OP is insulted by life day items appearing on the cartel market.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

If you are doing dalies for credits, there is your problem.

19M credits.

Biochem- sell 20 exotech quality stims/adre a day.

tell me again how to make credits lol.

Also, what the hell is the point of running dailies if not to make credits... daily comms? capped. they're worthless except to BoEs to drop on the Gtn for fresh 50's.

So no benefit for subs everything goes onto the cm nothing on the CE or sk vendors for life day and nothing Ingame to make it a special occasion.:confused: where Is the love

There is no love. They don't need subs didn't you hear, all the credit farming bots that falsely inflate the numbers in game are going to drop mad monies buying crappy orange items that were in game during beta and removed so we could pay real money for them a year later.

srs business goin on here.

Events are never on PTS, or even announced before they are already here.

New stuff is time-limited, so for all you know it could get removed in 2 weeks.

But it also could be discounted by 50% or 75%(in my opinion, time limited stuff should never get discounted, as it's not promotion, it's just atempt to make some more people buy it before it gets removed), or even made free by means of an event. Then floodgates get torn open and we are swimming in rage why oh why BW made them spend money or credits on stuff they can now get with some effort ingame.

No, if there is supposed to be an event, it has to be released(or at the very least announced) together with this patch.

Unless the event itself rewards DIFFERENT items than those gotten from the moneyshop?

So prepare for lifeday now by buying items A, B and C, then at the lifeday event itself get items D, E, F and as a special to those who also invested into A B and C (since they are off-the scale expensive to be honest), also an item G. Subscribers may be eligeble to an item H on top of all that.

Seriously people, some of you are just trying to make Bioware look bad, but make such a lousy job of it that it's pathetic.

Bioware is proving to behave like shysters with this type of FTP/Sub hybrid model, they either need to make all Cartel items available for reasonable in game cash at a VENDOR or increase the monthly coins for subs to 1200, or drop the sub price itself, pick one Bioware because right now, the "new" cartel stuff you are charging your long time subscribers for, should be included in content release that our monthly charge pays for.

You can shave a wookie many times, you can only skin them once.Believe it or not, not everything has to be profit focussed.

I can understand them putting it on the cartel market for lazy chumps with disposeable income.

I can understand them putting it on the cartel market for people to GTN or buy off the GTN

I can't understand them not releasing a nice simple event like the GAR and we can spend a week having fun with our guildies and get the gear if we choose to do it this way.

I ahve the disposeable income to buy these packs, I refuse to pay that fat ***** anymore money for something that really should have been ingame.

This. Forever this. :w_mad: