Crafting augments

Asavrede

The thing is, the patch notes say this:

- Armormechs can now learn new schematics that allow the creation of Aim, Cunning, Shield, and Absorb Augments.

- Augments can be reverse engineered for a chance to research Prototype and Artifact quality schematics.

But it's not true. I can't reverse engineer cunning augments (that's what I tried) - it says I dont have the right crew skill (armormech). This is for dropped augments prior to patch 1.2 - but if those are excluded specifically, it should say so.

In my personal opinion, I think this entire function for augments is a dead end. I am a Synthweaver with Underworld Trading and Archeology crewskills. I read on the earlier patch notes that I would also be able to craft augments, but if I need to obtain them from drops or slicing missions, it is a completely failure as I can't slice and I've received no drops for them since the patch.

'Counterproductive' is the word that comes to mind with the way BW is changing things around. It appears someone is not thinking through the processes sufficiently enough to make sure the crafters who are supposed to be able to craft augments are "Allowed" access to those recipes in the first place.

Roll an alt with slicing.

Done.

They obviously want you to explore their legacy stuff and want you to have a ton of alts

That was suggested to me but from what I understand from some of my guild mates who took slicing, they no longer get them...so it would be counterproductive for me to start a new character to only pick up slicing or to replace a crew skill on one of my alts with slicing if it does not work.

That was suggested to me but from what I understand from some of my guild mates who took slicing, they no longer get them...so it would be counterproductive for me to start a new character to only pick up slicing or to replace a crew skill on one of my alts with slicing if it does not work.

I've been getting a few schematics on my server Po5 so it works. They're rare but they drop

Edited by jrabomber

Well, slicing does work. I've gotten augment schematics from slicing just this morning.

As a synthweaver, (or armstech or armortech) you now have 2 possible specialities.

You can opt to specialize in crafting finished items by picking up UT. - or-

You can opt to specialize in crafting augments by picking up slicing instead.

(or, naturally, you can opt to have alts that so you can do both, or buy the missing elements)

Has anyone had the Synthweaving resolve augment recipe drop yet? Its the only one I have yet to see.

Yep, I've gotten a couple of them.

(admittedly, I haven't *sold* any of them. Call me greedy, but until the schematics have penetrated the market more, I'm only selling the ones I can't make myself. No sense helping the competition to compete. So far on my server I seem to be the only person selling certain augments, and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible)

Make sure you are slicing for the augment mats mission instead of lockboxes cause dont dont yield augment schemetics (from my experience at least). Either way, if you dont take up slicing on an alt you will be spending tons anyway on blue/purple mats. The price of the schemetics on the GTN are cheap compared to the mats =)

Make sure you are slicing for the augment mats mission instead of lockboxes cause dont dont yield augment schemetics (from my experience at least). Either way, if you dont take up slicing on an alt you will be spending tons anyway on blue/purple mats. The price of the schemetics on the GTN are cheap compared to the mats =)

Not on my server. (at least, not yet). the few schematics I've put up for sale sold relatively quickly at 30k each. ('Course, they were all armstech, the only augment crafting class I don't have, and most of the armstech augments have definite potential buyers.)

Whereas the grade 6 purple mats I've only seen on sale for 1-2k each. schematics WAY higher priced than mats.

wth ?

my reply got deleted, and all i did was suggest @lynspottery to rolll an alt with slicing, and yes i was polite about it....

I saw your post on the other page and yes, you were definitely polite about it. I did not take offense but you only repeated what one of my guild mates had already said. Don't know if you posted anything new, your original reply to me shows up on page 2.

:)

Edited by lynspottery

I've seen augment recipes that require Artifice skill.

And which one would that be? Because I've never seen them, nor have I ever heard a developer mention this.

It IS true that Artificer can RE the old pre-1.2 augments (for mats only, they could already do this pre-1.2 too), but afaik they can't craft them.

Edited by Rhaphael

Well, slicing does work. I've gotten augment schematics from slicing just this morning.

As a synthweaver, (or armstech or armortech) you now have 2 possible specialities.

You can opt to specialize in crafting finished items by picking up UT. - or-

You can opt to specialize in crafting augments by picking up slicing instead.

(or, naturally, you can opt to have alts that so you can do both, or buy the missing elements)

Hmmm, that is kinda interesting... wondering now if I should drop my 400 UT and go wtih slicing for awhile???

Edited by XLJedi

Not on my server. (at least, not yet). the few schematics I've put up for sale sold relatively quickly at 30k each. ('Course, they were all armstech, the only augment crafting class I don't have, and most of the armstech augments have definite potential buyers.)

Whereas the grade 6 purple mats I've only seen on sale for 1-2k each. schematics WAY higher priced than mats.

I guess it depends on the server. On my server most if not all augments/weapons schemetics sells for 2 - 5k. I personally probably have 3 of each augment/weapon schemetics so id think there are others like me and the gtn on my server is literally flooding with those.

Well even if the schemetics are 30k and the mats 1-2k like u said u'd still need 4 - 8k to make "each" augment (and id assume u'd want to make more than one augment out of that said schemetics) so i'd still say mats > schemetics, price wise =)