The Best Money In Swtor (Really it is, I tested it!)

Almar

How To Make The Best Money In Swtor

Some of the best money I have found in Swtor is made by simply just raising some Crew Skills. Since the game is still very new almost all of the profession materials are still in very high demand. On my server there are almost NO Grade 6 materials ever on the Auction House and all Grade 5 materials sell so fast from everyone raising their Crew Skill it is insane. This guide is so good because depending on how many Companions you have, within an hour you will be able to start seeing profit.

Of course this guide is best for players being able to send all 5 of their Companions out at once, but you don't actually need that for this to work. The more companions you can send out on a task the more Credits you will make by using this guide, that's all. Now I am going to break this guide down into two parts, the first part is kind of the preparation (you don't really need this part, but I am putting it here because by doing this you can increase your income). The second part is the meat of the guide and exactly what you will be doing to make money.

The guide can be found on my website here:

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/farming/goodmoney.cfm

But, since I'm so kind I'm also going to post it below (Can't include the pictures though, so if you want them you're gonna have to use the website.)

Prepare To Have Your Credit Socks Rocked!

First step is to drop two Crew Skills and pick up Underworld Trading and Bioanalysis. With Underworld Trading you are going to be running primarily Companion Gift Missions all the way up until you can start collecting Grade 5 and 6 Fabric/Metals. Don't bother running the Silk/Metal missions under Grade 5/6 as you won't even be able to sell them on the Auction House. Any and all Companion Gifts you get give to your Companions to increase their affection level. If you want to see what gifts your Companion likes take a look at my Companion Affection guide here.

While running Underworld Trading missions for the Companion Gifts you will want to run any Bioanalysis missions that reward you with "Bioanalysis Samples" or "Bioanalysis Compounds". Unless you plan on raising Biochem list all of the Bioanalysis materials you gather on the Auction House once their stack reaches about 20 to 30. The main reason you don't want to wait until 99 is because it's more common that people will buy stacks of 20 or 30 than 99. You can wait until 99 though if your Auction House is getting kinda full and you don't have an alt you can send your materials to.

While you're running missions for materials I recommend you don't stray very far from the Auction House. The materials you are gathering sell very quickly so it's important to keep anything new you gather up on the Auction House. Also since you can only have 50 items up at once that makes overcrowding for your inventory a very common issue. At least for the first 200 points you want to stay as close to the Auction House as possible, after that you can head out to Ilum and do your dailies or whatever it is that you do.

TIP: As I mentioned before, just run PvP Warzones while you stand in front of the Auction House to list your items after each Warzone.

As far as pricing goes I usually go with what the Auction House says since it's so damn hard to search for something... The only way I ever change the price that the Auction House gives me is if the item sells extremely quick after a few times of listing it. From leveling Underworld Trading to 320 and Bioanalysis to 320 you should have made about 50k after selling most of the items you got on the Auction House. If you're at all interested in seeing a list of items that you will be gathering from Bioanalysis and selling click here. Also, here is a list of Underworld Trading materials you will be gathering, although you'll only be selling the Grade 5 and 6 materials from that list.

This part is extremely simple since mainly you're just going to be farming missions the entire time. What you want to do is run Bioanalysis missions for Grade 5 and 6 materials until you're blue in the face. Literally. Stock up on about 250 - 300 of all the different materials as well as keeping at least 50 of them up on the Auction House at all times. The main reason you want to do this with Bioanalysis is because of the great Biochem reroll that is going on now. Almost everyone is switching to Biochem since it has tons of Reusable items available to it. If you'd like to learn more about them and what materials they require click here.

While running Bioanalysis missions sometimes sub out a Grade 5 or 6 mission for an Underworld Trading Grade 6 Metal or Silk. For those that get confused by this guide, below is an entire list of the items you're going to be farming with these two professions, it'll make things much easier to understand because it even comes with pretty pictures!

Underworld Trading

Ciridium (Blue Metal)

Mandalorian Iron (Epic Metal)

Denebrillan Star Silk (Epic Silk)

Nanosilk (Blue Silk)

Bioanalysis

Psychoactive Compound (Grade 5 Material)

Red Goo (Grade 5 Material)

Parasitic Microorganism (Grade 5 Material)

Nutrient Gel (Grade 5 Material)

Quick-Growth Agent (Grade 5 Material)

Immunity Cell Culture (Grade 6 Material)

Mutagenic Paste (Grade 6 Material)

Neurochemical Extract (Grade 6 Material)

You want to stock pile tons of these items, especially the Grade 6 materials since most players aren't at endgame yet, meaning the market for these items has not even started!! Also if you're level 50 you can run around Ilum at the same time and gather Bioanalysis materials (also if you have an additional gathering Crew Skill you can gather those materails too!) The best split that I have found to running missions is the following...

2 Companions on Underworld Trading Missions

3 Companions on Bioanalysis Missions

Usually there will always be at last 2 Underworld Trading missions available that will reward you with Metal/Silk but if not run a few for Companion Gifts to open up some Metal/Silk missions.

The main reason that I chose both of these Crew Skills is because they take the two most popular professions (Synthweaving, Biochem) and provide you with materials for them

And again just because, the guide can be found on my website here:

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/farming/goodmoney.cfm

Any questions comments or concerns post here or toss me a PM. I'll answer them as quickly as possible!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think currently "the best" way of making credits would be to sit on the GTN all day, learn the market of your particular server, and then use the basic concept of "buy low and sell high".

There are also quite a few standard "farming" methods that can be used at various locations (depending on your gathering professions) to the tune of 100k+ credits per hour aside from sellable green+ quality items if you are willing to put the leg work in.

From a crafting perspective, there are certain craftable items that are cheap to make but sell extremely well, especially if you are first to a particular market.

Best part is, any of those can be used in conjucture with the basic "run missions and sell mats" strategy you are proposing above as well.

Ultimately it's mostly about finding a niche in your market, and hitting it hard until the demand is no longer there then find a new niche. To anyone who is serious about making credits however, the majority of this is common sense. Your guide however, I'm sure will be appreciated by those who are struggling to find their niche since I will agree it is definitely a way to make a solid flow of credits at this time.

Edited by JohnSixteen

The sad part is the imbalance in this, I personally see this as an exploit of a sorts. The fact that the materials sell for so much, that once put into the actual product you take a huge loss. Not to mention most of the items are worthless given commendations and mod-able armor. In my opinion the crafting system is severely broken, and in the interest of being constructive, this is my take on how to improve it: (a few notes)

* Dramatically increase the nodes and their re spawn time, make resources farm-able, missions are a time consuming, expensive pain in the behind. I dont mind running them for rares, but for the love of all, please make mission running queueable, as with crafting, one mission can run20+ mins, I want to be able to assign multiple missions, log off for the night and come back with the materials I need.

* make nodes selectable and harvest-able via hot-key

* cut the craft and mission times dramatically

That's just off the top of my head.

Disclaimer: this is my take, my opinion, obviously ppl are going to agree or disagree, but lets keep it constructive and maintain proper respect, I am seeing way too many people be generally rude to each-other and I just dont think its called for, not to mention its the fastest way to get BIOware to ignore the posting.

Actually, I think currently "the best" way of making credits would be to sit on the GTN all day, learn the market of your particular server, and then use the basic concept of "buy low and sell high".

There are also quite a few standard "farming" methods that can be used at various locations (depending on your gathering professions) to the tune of 100k+ credits per hour aside from sellable green+ quality items if you are willing to put the leg work in.

From a crafting perspective, there are certain craftable items that are cheap to make but sell extremely well, especially if you are first to a particular market.

Best part is, any of those can be used in conjucture with the basic "run missions and sell mats" strategy you are proposing above as well.

Ultimately it's mostly about finding a niche in your market, and hitting it hard until the demand is no longer there then find a new niche. To anyone who is serious about making credits however, the majority of this is common sense. Your guide however, I'm sure will be appreciated by those who are struggling to find their niche since I will agree it is definitely a way to make a solid flow of credits at this time.

I don't really think you could do the buy low/sell high that efficiently with only 50 slots available for you on the AH. I personally found buying and reselling to be VERY profitable but only by doing Tradeskill Materials, which generally you need to buy a lot of them to see a good profit and with only 50 slots... Well yeah.

The sad part is the imbalance in this, I personally see this as an exploit of a sorts. The fact that the materials sell for so much, that once put into the actual product you take a huge loss. Not to mention most of the items are worthless given commendations and mod-able armor. In my opinion the crafting system is severely broken, and in the interest of being constructive, this is my take on how to improve it: (a few notes)

I agree with what you're saying, except that it's "working as intended" as broken. I've come to the conclusion that BioWare WANTS crafting to be superfluous. They want it to be an unprofitable time and money sink. They want SWTOR to be a vendor based economy, because that leaves them in control. It's sad, and it's the opposite of what many people actually wanted, but I do not believe crafting will be altered or adjusted to become profitable for the majority of people who use it. Rather, BioWare is counting on crafting to drain credits from the economy, which keeps players having to play in order to attain more.

Crafting is what BioWare wanted it to be. If you really want to generate profits at a steady pace, go with gathering skills.

I agree with what you're saying, except that it's "working as intended" as broken. I've come to the conclusion that BioWare WANTS crafting to be superfluous. They want it to be an unprofitable time and money sink. They want SWTOR to be a vendor based economy, because that leaves them in control. It's sad, and it's the opposite of what many people actually wanted, but I do not believe crafting will be altered or adjusted to become profitable for the majority of people who use it. Rather, BioWare is counting on crafting to drain credits from the economy, which keeps players having to play in order to attain more.

Crafting is what BioWare wanted it to be. If you really want to generate profits at a steady pace, go with gathering skills.

I can't think of a single game where Crafting gave you better gear than the PvP or Raid gear.... Also don't forget the game is still so stupidly new that we haven't even seen the real Crafting Updates yet, WoW didn't even get any "unique crafting bonuses" until Burning Crusade and even then it was only Enchanting with +Stats to Rings, we had to wait until Wrath for all other professions to get something worthwhile.

best way to make money is doing your dailies, period. Crew skills are 100% money sink.

Dailies give a really poor amount of money and there aren't many of them. You're extremely wrong, beyond extremely actually, that Crew Skills are a money sink.

No actually you're wrong.

There are about 16 dailies and it will net you about 200k credits a day not including random purples and blue you will get and can sell for anywhere between 10k-80k credits on the GTN.

Can you make a good amount of credits with crew skills still? Yes, but to say that the above poster is wrong is naive.

There are about 16 dailies and it will net you about 200k credits a day not including random purples and blue you will get and can sell for anywhere between 10k-80k credits on the GTN.

Can you make a good amount of credits with crew skills still? Yes, but to say that the above poster is wrong is naive.

I would say that you are naive also. I am currently sitting on 2.4m credits and rolling an easy 100-300k a day, whilst playing the market with crew skills. Funny enough I only spend maybe an hour or two max in Imperial Fleet actually looking and working the market itself. So you tell me which is more profitable. The trick is as someone above said, is to find a niche market which is in demand and exploit it for every credit its worth and move on.

Best way of making money in this game is chest farming on Ilum. Just ask the many goldfarmers sitting there with their level 12-13 chars.

1. Small chests have a respawn time of 7 minutes and have 2-4k gold + 1-2 greens and rarely blues.
  2. Big chests have a respawn time of 20 min and have 5-9,5k gold + 1-2 greens or blues, and rarely epics.
  3. 340 slicing nodes are clustered around 2-3 areas (4-6 each place) and have a respawn time of 20 minutes, and yield 2k creds on average each.

You can make 350k a hr, if you have 5-6 chars farming this (and slicing nodes) in a 'somewhat intelligent way'.

Issue has been reported several weeks ago, and nothing has been done so fare.

So while OP's way might be ok, it is in noway the "best".

Edited by Zilliztra

Best way of making money in this game is chest farming on Ilum. Just ask the many goldfarmers sitting there with their level 12-13 chars.

Small chests have a respawn time of 7 minutes and have 2-4k gold + 1-2 greens and rarely blues.

Big chests have a respawn time of 20 min and have 5-9,5k gold + 1-2 greens or blues, and rarely epics.

You can make 350k a hr, if you have 5-6 chars farming this in a 'somewhat intelligent way'.

Issue has been reported several weeks ago, and nothing has been done so fare.

I know people who have been banned by doing this, at least only the low level characters have. It seems like they're banning low levels for exploiting it but if you're high level it's perfectly ok! lol

I know people who have been banned by doing this, at least only the low level characters have. It seems like they're banning low levels for exploiting it but if you're high level it's perfectly ok! lol

If you have a level 40+ char on your account it is totally legal.

expanded first post with more details. and will probably make a new post soon with a map of chest locations and everything.

Edited by Zilliztra

I would say that you are naive also. I am currently sitting on 2.4m credits and rolling an easy 100-300k a day, whilst playing the market with crew skills. Funny enough I only spend maybe an hour or two max in Imperial Fleet actually looking and working the market itself. So you tell me which is more profitable. The trick is as someone above said, is to find a niche market which is in demand and exploit it for every credit its worth and move on.

I've never been good at doing that. What do you mean by niche market? And how do you find one? I hate to ask what to you will be a dumb question, but I wasn't a business major or anything. This baffles my engineering mind.

I've never been good at doing that. What do you mean by niche market? And how do you find one? I hate to ask what to you will be a dumb question, but I wasn't a business major or anything. This baffles my engineering mind.

Finding a niche market is finding what is in demand at the time and being one of the sole producers of that product.

e.g. The OP suggested selling Rank 5/6 Materials, because there's a lack of people that put these items on the market.

The GTN plays on people's laziness and also the time/efficiency ratio. People will outright buy things even if they're absurdly priced because it's more convenient than having to attain it with their own means.

haha, I myself am an engineering student combined with a business degree! SCORE!!

When i say a niche market, I mean find a market (an item or items) that are in relatively high demand whilst not having a source. It takes time and patience (personally about 30 min staring at the very badly coded Auction house) to determine what is a good market to enter.

For example in my server (not naming cause I dont want you stealing my money lol) cybertech and biochem is the predominant markets. About 7 days ago, there were literally ZERO supply for the materials in cybertech and biochem, whilst the demand was SUPER DUPER high. Thus the prices skyrocketed to extreme prices where ship upgrades went up to 80K+ a pop. Thus I found my chance and jumped in the material gathering market and I pretty much became the SOLE provder of materials for high grade cyerbtech. When I say sole provider, i mean that If you searched for example promethium, or mandalorian, or ciridium, You will literally see pages and pages of ME selling them. Initially I could sell them at whatever price i wanted and it would sell.

Of course the trick to continously making money is to know when to bail. If you looked at the material gathering market for cybertech now in my server, it is a total pain to compete and still make good profit. Mind you profit can still be had, but at a much higher time spent in AH, and honestly i prefer to play the game than sit at the Imperial Fleet for hours and hours. People eventually do get smart and pick up on your tactics of making money, and will attempt to steal from you. You can try to fight back and go lower and lower in prices, but eventually you will need to bail as more and more people enter your market. At that point its back to step 1, where you find yourself another niche market.

Another tip is to keep a good eye in future patches and rumours, as word of mouth is a powerful tool even in the money makiing business. Like now everyone is yelling go biochem its good at lvl 50. This = increase in demand for biochem mats = money for you if you are the first to jump into that market.

On the future patch note, when I say keep an eye out, i mean watch out for patches where crew stuff is involved. Obviously bioware will eventually change certain crew skills (like how they severely nerfed slicing) which may or may not profit your market and or open new markets for you to take.

Hope this extremely long post helped you out!

PEACE

EDIT: I have 2.4m and roll 100k-300k a day spending 1-2 hours in the market :D

Edited by TeraZara

200k is about how much I make an hour by doing what I mentioned in the guide. I bet it takes much longer than an hour to bust out all 16 dailies.

Or... just do dailies- easy money, requires no thought or talent- just quick, easy, credits.

Don't get me wrong though- you can indeed make a lot of money, and UWT/Bio are amazing for that so you've picked the right things. I do, also, make a lot of money off that- not 200k an hour, but that's per server, my server has a pretty stable economy with plenty of supply.

Even so, UWT and bio are two great ways to never be short credits.... for now- things will be very different in a month or two.

Edited by fungihoujo

Honestly dailies take me about 40 minutes at most since my guild usually 4-mans them all to get social points and for the harder quests we "cheat" by corpse running to Raxxus and stealthing through 4-Light and stealthing or corpse running to Averion. The three mods/armorings/enhancements I get sell for 40k each or even 50k. It's 40 minutes for an easy 350k/day. On top of this you can easily make money by killing elites since they drop about 1.5k each time. Depending on your DPS you can make lots doing this. I personally made around 200k in an hour running around killing elites.