Interface Editor and Companion Customization questions

HollyUSEC

1) INTERFACE EDITOR: Can I use it to save keybind positions on the quickbars for different specializations? For example, my Juggernaut is usually a tank, but sometimes she's needed as a "fake tank" or dps. During this time, I'd like to place the Rage spec abilities in the same positions as my Marauder. Example: My Marauder has the "Obliterate" ability in keybind 5, triggered by the number 5 on my keyboard and placed in Quickbar 1, 5th from the left. Is there a way to save the dps layout in the Interface Editor?

2) COMPANION CUSTOMIZATIONS: I know I saw a vendor somewhere that sells companion customizations for the opposite faction. I know I don't have to buy Cartel Packs or use the GTN for those customizations. Does anyone remember where those vendors are for each faction? My commando (Republic) did the endgame FP's (Umbara/Copero/Nathema) and I'd like to get a customization for her new Raina Temple companion that has longer hair.

Thanks.

1) INTERFACE EDITOR: Can I use it to save keybind positions on the quickbars for different specializations? For example, my Juggernaut is usually a tank, but sometimes she's needed as a "fake tank" or dps. During this time, I'd like to place the Rage spec abilities in the same positions as my Marauder. Example: My Marauder has the "Obliterate" ability in keybind 5, triggered by the number 5 on my keyboard and placed in Quickbar 1, 5th from the left. Is there a way to save the dps layout in the Interface Editor?

If you mean the *keybinds*, yes. That is, the fact that "5" triggers the ability in QB1, box 5.

* Open the preferences and use the right-most tab to export/import keybindings. This is also useful for initial setup on new characters.

If you mean the ability layout (that is, "Obliterate" is in QB1, box 5), no. It's a common request, but it has never been implemented.

2) COMPANION CUSTOMIZATIONS: I know I saw a vendor somewhere that sells companion customizations for the opposite faction. I know I don't have to buy Cartel Packs or use the GTN for those customizations. Does anyone remember where those vendors are for each faction? My commando (Republic) did the endgame FP's (Umbara/Copero/Nathema) and I'd like to get a customization for her new Raina Temple companion that has longer hair.

On the fleet somewhere (Carrick Station / Vaiken Spacedock part), but I don't remember exactly where, sorry.

You can save different layouts and quickly switch between them by clicking the plus sign on quickbar one. As for as your actual abilities they need to be physically moved each time you change your spec. The keybinds themselves are saved via files. To do this go to preferences > keybinds tab > and you can save the actual binds. You can also save multiple binds. For example one file might have key 5 on quickbar 1 slot 5 and another may have 5 on quickbar 2 slot 2.

As for companion customizations there is a vendor in the cartel bazaar. There are also several on each major planet. You can find them in the main base or in the orbital station. They all sell Imp and rep comps.

Edited by Ld-Siris