Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Established foothold not WAI

Benirons
10.28.2019 , 04:51 AM | #1
I had a full 6/6 set of established foothold for sniper dps borrowed from the vendor (meaning no mods in them whatsoever, sell back timer still ticking cause i dun wanna get ripped off).

I believe the damage increase at 6/6 does not work properly (each second of entrench gives 3% dmg boost, up to 5 stacks). I tested with corrosive dart with the 6 empty set bonus shells on, rest 306 gear.

W/o set bonus dmg boost ticks were 2414 base.

W/ set bonus dmg boost at 5 stacks ticks were 2482.

That is less than 3% dmg increase, a very far cry from the max 15% dmg increase at 5 stacks.

Im glad i borrowed, cause this is utter garbage.

Gibgarde
10.29.2019 , 04:08 AM | #2
You couldn't try attacking with 0 stacks then attacking with 5 stacks? That seems like a more accurate and easy way of testing.

Also curious how you borrowed the full set. I'd like to know so I could test it too
Don't make me shoot the wookie!

Elracor
10.29.2019 , 04:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibgarde View Post

Also curious how you borrowed the full set. I'd like to know so I could test it too
When you buy an item, it has a 2 hour refund timer, that only ticks when you're online.
That makes it possible to: farm 3k fragments on another toon - log on sniper/gs - buy 1 item - log off - repeat

Gibgarde
10.29.2019 , 08:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Elracor View Post
When you buy an item, it has a 2 hour refund timer, that only ticks when you're online.
That makes it possible to: farm 3k fragments on another toon - log on sniper/gs - buy 1 item - log off - repeat
Oh, alright. Seeing as my Gunslinger is my only 75, I think I'll just farm up the set and see for myself.

Benirons
10.29.2019 , 08:50 PM | #5
You couldn't try attacking with 0 stacks then attacking with 5 stacks? That seems like a more accurate and easy way of testing.

No set bonus = 0 stacks.

Gibgarde
10.29.2019 , 09:46 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
No set bonus = 0 stacks.
You don't have any stacks when you don't have Entrench/Bunker Down up in cover either. The stacks only apply when you have the skill activated and are in cover.

Benirons
10.30.2019 , 12:25 AM | #7
You don't have any stacks when you don't have Entrench/Bunker Down up in cover either. The stacks only apply when you have the skill activated and are in cover.
i get what u mean, the shells were empty though, so there was no stat differenc b/w the two

and when i had no set on, i just had 6 empty gear slots

Azerdayne
10.31.2019 , 10:44 AM | #8
But ... you tested w/ corrosive dart. So you're bonus dmg. for any global window in which it ticks will be divded by the DoT's timer. +70 dmg. per tick doesn't seem necessarily off, given your 6 empty shells, but ...

What was your CD dmg. listed as on your bar?

What was your spec/the timer for the DoT?

Also, does anyone know, if you Imperial Prep into an immediate 2nd Entrench, does the 5 stack stay up long enough to allow for an secondary full 20 sec window at +15%?

shakesamakuza
10.31.2019 , 12:42 PM | #9
The established foothold set bonus only appears to be applying 1 stack of the damage buff to dots. I tested it in 306 gear with no proc relics to avoid the randomness of the proc and at 0 stacks vital shot tooltip damage was 15479 and ticked for 2294. At 5 stacks only the tooltip listed 15944 and ticked for 2360. Shrap bomb tooltip at 0 stacks listed as 16310 and ticked for 2247. At 5 stacks the tooltip listed 16776 and ticked for 2306. So it appears the dots are only getting about a 3% damage buff which is only counting the first stack.

Benirons
10.31.2019 , 02:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Azerdayne View Post
But ... you tested w/ corrosive dart. So you're bonus dmg. for any global window in which it ticks will be divded by the DoT's timer. +70 dmg. per tick doesn't seem necessarily off, given your 6 empty shells, but ...

What was your CD dmg. listed as on your bar?

What was your spec/the timer for the DoT?

Also, does anyone know, if you Imperial Prep into an immediate 2nd Entrench, does the 5 stack stay up long enough to allow for an secondary full 20 sec window at +15%?
3% is 3%. Doesnt matter if its a tick or full tooltip dmg.