Kaggath Series: Darth Traya vs Revan

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 3: Darth Traya vs Revan

Welcome to the third instalment of the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ in which I’ll be pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other.

In the last battle, Prince Xizor vs Tyber Zann, after a drawn out conflict of bribes, backstabbing and orbital bombardment – the prince emerged as the victor thanks to his expansive intelligence network and bottomless pockets. But on to round three.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simply lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s just go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Sion & Nihilus, Meetra Surik, Alek/Malak, Saul Karath.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons, e.g. Mass Shadow Generator, Darth Nihilus.
  • Technology level is universal: blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. is all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in different time frames, but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants: the master vs the student. Darth Traya was a master manipulator, highly knowledgeable and skilled with a lightsaber and the Force. Revan was a talented strategist, and all round exceptional Jedi. (Not Sith, this is pre-Jedi Civil War)

Traya has the forces of Darth Revan’s remnant Empire, including a legion of deadly assassins. And Revan has the forces of the Galactic Republic and the Revanchists (may I make clear that the Revan in this battle is the Revan of the Mandalorian Wars – and his power base is all that he had command over during the said conflict) But who would win? Has the student surpassed the master or is he very much still the learner?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Victor: Darth Traya

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Traya wins. Revan's biggest advantage in this battle is the Republic fleet. But just like we saw with the Harbinger, Sith Assassins can neutralize that advantage with ease. This forces Revan to mobilize troops for an attack on Malachor V, where they would be utterly crushed. Whether the Jedi there are killed by the Sith or turned by Malachor's dark energies, Revan would lose. And then, Traya turns Revan to the Dark Side.

Traya wins a sound victory.

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 3: Darth Traya vs Revan

Welcome to the third instalment of the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ in which I’ll be pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other.

In the last battle, Prince Xizor vs Tyber Zann, after a drawn out conflict of bribes, backstabbing and orbital bombardment – the prince emerged as the victor thanks to his expansive intelligence network and bottomless pockets. But on to round three.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simply lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s just go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Sion & Nihilus, Meetra Surik, Alek/Malak, Saul Karath.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons, e.g. Mass Shadow Generator, Darth Nihilus.
  • Technology level is universal: blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. is all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in different time frames, but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants: the master vs the student. Darth Traya was a master manipulator, highly knowledgeable and skilled with a lightsaber and the Force. Revan was a talented strategist, and all round exceptional Jedi. (Not Sith, this is pre-Jedi Civil War)

Traya has the forces of Darth Revan’s remnant Empire, including a legion of deadly assassins. And Revan has the forces of the Galactic Republic and the Revanchists (may I make clear that the Revan in this battle is the Revan of the Mandalorian Wars – and his power base is all that he had command over during the said conflict) But who would win? Has the student surpassed the master or is he very much still the learner?

Let the Kaggath begin!

This is a very interesting fight because Traya would (in a way) be commanding the futue of Revan's soldiers. With that in mind, Traya's troops would have a wider variety of leadership.

I'll now look at their strengths and weaknessess:

Who's army is larger/bigger/more numerous? I really don't know - I tend to think that Revan's army would be a bit bigger in this since.

What kind of troops do they have? Revan has more standard soldiers who are generally fighting for their freedom, while Kreia's army consists of men who are more battle-hardened. This appears to be a advantage for Traya (and it may be), but it could also mean that Traya's men are more twisted and morally confused - which could lead to them being turned to Revan's side.

Who's the better leader? This (to me) makes the biggest difference in the game. While Revan is more charismatic, Kreia remains very wise. Kreia would know better how to overturn soldiers, but (and this is a big deal here) she doesn't believe much in the use of soldiers/technology/material things. She is very powerful in the force, but she doesn't believe in standard warfare much at all. I feel as if she would end up putting 'all her eggs in one basket'. By this, I mean that she'd make a plan that didn't fully utilize the strength of her army. She's very dependant on the force and all her dirty plots - I feel that she's a great leader, but not a good general. Does that make since? So I'd give the generalship edge to Revan.

One-on-one duel? That's tuff. If this was Revan during his prime, I'd give it to him. But as it is, it's a coin toss.

Who do I think would win? I'm not yet sure. I'll make my vote once some other points are made.

Darth Traya wins. Revan's biggest advantage in this battle is the Republic fleet. But just like we saw with the Harbinger, Sith Assassins can neutralize that advantage with ease. This forces Revan to mobilize troops for an attack on Malachor V, where they would be utterly crushed. Whether the Jedi there are killed by the Sith or turned by Malachor's dark energies, Revan would lose. And then, Traya turns Revan to the Dark Side.

True. But those assassins weren't taking over a ship that was under Revan's control.

I'd like to point out that since Revan would've been using those aggresive tactics, Traya wouldn't have been able to use his morals to defeat him. She feels that if one was to go to great means to sacrifice something for others, then that person is weak. Revan is not weak in this since. If one of Revan's ships was begining to be overrun, he'd probably shoot it down, regardless of how many survivers were on board.

One more thing: In Traya's opinion, looking at Revan is like "looking into the heart of the force." She believes he's very powerful and a great general. Just saying....

Question: Does Revan get his generals? Like Malak, Meetra, and Karath?

Another question: Aurbere implied in his point that Traya's base would be Malachor. What do we do here? Would Malachor V be as it was DURING the Mandalorion Wars, or after? This definately needs to be addressed.

Malachor is a nexus of Dark Side energy and would supplant those who would walk its surface unless they have the proper mental capacity to resist its influence.

True. But those assassins weren't taking over a ship that was under Revan's control.

I'd like to point out that since Revan would've been using those aggresive tactics, Traya wouldn't have been able to use his morals to defeat him. She feels that if one was to go to great means to sacrifice something for others, then that person is weak. Revan is not weak in this since. If one of Revan's ships was begining to be overrun, he'd probably shoot it down, regardless of how many survivers were on board.

One more thing: In Traya's opinion, looking at Revan is like "looking into the heart of the force." She believes he's very powerful and a great general. Just saying....

Question: Does Revan get his generals? Like Malak, Meetra, and Karath?

If Revan did destroy his own ship, he just cost himself a vessel. This is inconsequential to Traya as that is the plan. Her assassins would cause confusion. Revan attacking his own ship would cost him more than it would Traya.

And as to leadership. The Sith who joined Traya recognized her as Revan's master and joined her without question. They were fiercely loyal and would not betray her unless they got some one on one time with Revan.

If Revan gets his generals, then Traya gets her greatest students. Just sayin.

If Revan did destroy his own ship, he just cost himself a vessel. This is inconsequential to Traya as that is the plan. Her assassins would cause confusion. Revan attacking his own ship would cost him more than it would Traya.

And as to leadership. The Sith who joined Traya recognized her as Revan's master and joined her without question. They were fiercely loyal and would not betray her unless they got some one on one time with Revan.

If Revan gets his generals, then Traya gets her greatest students. Just sayin.

Good point about the generals. But I just saw that Beni answered this question in his post. /facepalm

Malachor V aside, I feel that Revan has the upper hand.

When it comes to tech and pure manpower, Revan has the edge. Traya just doesn't seem to be any good at open warfare. Granted she would end up making a plan to use her assassins and such, but if a legit battle was ever necessary, chances are she lose badly. She is very dependant on the force.

Back to the size of their armies. I am know pretty sure that Revan's army would indeed outnumber Traya's significantly. This makes since due to the style of warfare that Nihilius fights during KOTOR 2. His army is lurking in the shadows and all that stuff. Revan was battling the Sith in an all-out war. It seems that Revan's army would be much bigger. On top of this (like I said earlier), Revan is a better tactician when it comes down to battles and stuff. Kreia is a plotter. While I'm sure she could hold her own in a battle, she'd be hard-pressed to beat Revan. Because of this, she'd have to use different tactics. Options win wars, and Traya doesn't have really have the option to engage in a all-out battle with Revan.

I like how he listed Nihilus as a superweapon. That made me chuckle :D

I knew it would. :D

While Traya could certainly use this as an effective tactic, the element of surprise is important. In the events of KOTOR 2 the Harbinger encountered a seemingly abandoned vessel and boarded it. Not only would this not happen in the heat of battle, but it could only happen once - Revan would not make the same mistake twice. Boarding parties are the only way, and then the Republic would know they where coming and be prepared. Still, invisible assassins remain deadly whether expected or not. They lose the element of surprise though.

Another question: Aurbere implied in his point that Traya's base would be Malachor. What do we do here? Would Malachor V be as it was DURING the Mandalorion Wars, or after? This definately needs to be addressed.
Good question. Like Aubere said, whether its before MSG or after it is still a nexus of dark side energy. But I'd say post-Mandalorian Wars seeing as this was the Malachor in Traya's possession. So this means a fleet battle above it would be difficult/impossible as the instable gravity would make it too dangerous. In this sense if Kreia never left Malachor, Revan would have to come and face her alone. So I advise you consider the outcome of a 1v1 fight - as it could very well come down to this. (And seeing as this is LS Revan - well as light as you can get - he would have no knowledge of Malachor, seeing as the planet begun his fall...)

And just to clarify, Meetra, Malak, Saul Karath, Nihilus and Sion are excluded from this battle. You've probably seen it already but just making sure. This rule applies to all future Kaggath threads so bear in mind if the figure is fairly prominent, most likely it will be excluded from the battle.

I knew it would. :D

While Traya could certainly use this as an effective tactic, the element of surprise is important. In the events of KOTOR 2 the Harbinger encountered a seemingly abandoned vessel and boarded it. Not only would this not happen in the heat of battle, but it could only happen once - Revan would not make the same mistake twice. Boarding parties are the only way, and then the Republic would know they where coming and be prepared. Still, invisible assassins remain deadly whether expected or not. They lose the element of surprise though.

Good question. Like Aubere said, whether its before MSG or after it is still a nexus of dark side energy. But I'd say post-Mandalorian Wars seeing as this was the Malachor in Traya's possession. So this means a fleet battle above it would be difficult/impossible as the instable gravity would make it too dangerous. In this sense if Kreia never left Malachor, Revan would have to come and face her alone. So I advise you consider the outcome of a 1v1 fight - as it could very well come down to this. (And seeing as this is LS Revan - well as light as you can get - he would have no knowledge of Malachor, seeing as the planet begun his fall...)

And just to clarify, Meetra, Malak, Saul Karath, Nihilus and Sion are excluded from this battle. You've probably seen it already but just making sure. This rule applies to all future Kaggath threads so bear in mind if the figure is fairly prominent, most likely it will be excluded from the battle.

I'm sure Traya could utilize her assassins in other ways. Sneaking them aboard Republic shuttles bound for capital ships. The utility these assassins have is great. And know that while the element of surprise would be lost after one or two instances of assassin encounters, that is an advantage in itself. Knowing that there are assassins lurking does more damage than the assassins themselves would do. Paranoia, sleep depravation, and other things would occur if they know Traya has assassins to use against them. This causes a whole host of problems for the Republic. Suddenly, you don't know what to do, you can almost feel them standing behind (even though they aren't really there). That alone can lead to Revan losing.

Traya, wise as she is, will no doubt make use of Malachor V to prevent Revan from fully defeating her. If Revan attempted to engage her at the Trayus Core, he would fall to the Dark Side. The Dark energies of Malachor, combined with Traya manipulating him, would cause him to join her, or even take control of Traya's forces. This gives Traya the victory.

Woot Aurbere's "Revan is the worst weakest Hero of all time" and Masterme the defender !

Revan wins clearly.

Darth Traya was not that Powerful compaired to her Apprentices , not more powerful than certainly Nihilus , not of Sion , not of The Exile Meetra Surik , and not of Revan Period,

She was "A" Master of Revan and she was linked as such when she arrived at Macachor V , not because she was better . You have to remember they all though Revan was either dead or gone , at the time they were looking for someone of his level to lead them .

Exile if she was evil and arrived before Traya would have been that person .

******We have to remember She was a Jedi Master to him , which if you read his lore he had many . She did open his eyes unlike the others and gave him the type of thinking that we seen him have in "FOUNDRY" , but over all being someones Master as a Jedi is nothing on the page of being someones Master as a Sith or Darkjedi .......AND YOU KNOW THIS MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !******

Darth Traya is clearly not a WEAK or just Average Force User but in this , on a battle field of just the two . Revan would likely make her a freak like he did Malek .

She was a twister , a person who came in and tried to get in your head to show you what she see and how she want you to see it . Her Training to Revan is recordedly not of skills or powers but how the outlook of the Force and how he should think of those below him .

If you read all of Revan's lore in KotoR I and II , she taught him that the weaker were unworthy to live . He often displayed that when he would either convert a Jedi or kill them .

She practically worshiped Revan and everything he was and the only person compairable in her eyes was the Exile Meetra Surik . It is highly Doubtful with Darth Traya's way of thinking that she would of put Revan on such a Pedestal if he was weaker than her .

I know shes not really a Sithlord but most Sithlords do not like beings weaker than them , most do not respect Apprentices that are unable to kill them one day .

So in the end this thread is highly likely again underrate Revan and put him below every Forceuser of his time by the large population of Revan Haters .

Edited by mefit

Traya wins space battle and strategy wise.

Revan wins one on one. She herself has practically stated this.

I need medical mental help after reading this , it seems BrandonSM is becoming Moddest and giving a perspective I never knew of him to ever say or I could imagine him to ever say since the begining of these forums and me and him posting in them .

I think my eyeballs bursted out my head BrandonSM, I hope you're happy :(

Woot Aurbere's "Revan is the worst weakest Hero of all time" and Masterme the defender !

Revan wins clearly.

Darth Traya was not that Powerful compaired to her Apprentices , not more powerful than certainly Nihilus , not of Sion , not of The Exile Meetra Surik , and not of Revan Period,

She was "A" Master of Revan and she was linked as such when she arrived at Macachor V , not because she was better . You have to remember they all though Revan was either dead or gone , at the time they were looking for someone of his level to lead them .

Darth Traya is clearly not a WEAK or just Average Force User but in this , on a battle field of just the two . Revan would likely make her a freak like he did Malek .

She was a twister , a person who came in and tried to get in your head to show you what she see and how she want you to see it . Her Training to Revan is recordedly not of skills or powers but how the outlook of the Force and how he should think of those below him .

If you read all of Revan's lore in KotoR I and II , she taught him that the weaker were unworthy to live . He often displayed that when he would either convert a Jedi or kill them .

She practically worshiped Revan and everything he was and the only person compairable in her eyes was the Exile Meetra Surik . It is highly Doubtful with Darth Traya's way of thinking that she would of put Revan on such a Pedestal if he was weaker than her .

I know shes not really a Sithlord but most Sithlords do not like beings weaker than them , most do not respect Apprentices that are unable to kill them one day .

So in the end this thread is highly likely again underrate Revan and put him below every Forceuser of his time by the large population of Revan Haters .

Traya beats Revan in space battle.

I swear you come to every thread and disagree with whatever Aurbere or Rayla says. Calling them Luke Fanboys or whatever even though they give clear facts.

Benboiling(Butchered the spelling) at least argues with some facts and evidence.

Traya beats Revan in space battle.

I swear you come to every thread and disagree with whatever Aurbere or Rayla says. Calling them Luke Fanboys or whatever even though they give clear facts.

Just because you guys openly agree with eachother and often bend to eachothers so called facts does not make them facts . I believe it is often called Strength in numbers .

Benboiling(Butchered the spelling) at least argues with some facts and evidence.

I calls it as it is , I do not need a group to give what I say anymore fact than what you guys do .

I am sure If I dug back far enough I can get you , Rayla , ProfessorWalsh.........all calling me a Revan Fanboy.

So in the end , what you consider facts have been often extremely Biased Opinion.

Edited by mefit

Revan wins clearly.

Play nice now. While admittedly a flame war would make this thread my most popular to date - I don't want to cause any injury. :D

The problem here however with your argument is that your taking it more as a 1v1 battle, rather than a large scale Kaggath. There is more to consider than just Revan's power in the Force etc. I agree that Revan could best Traya, but he has to best her forces first. And on that field she can bring her other talents to bear. (Also any fight between these two would probably occur at Malachor - where Traya would have the advantage)

EDIT: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - PERSONAL INSULTS DO NOT COUNT AS ARGUMENTS, THEY WILL NOT WIN YOU ANY POINTS!

(basically I couldn't care less if you think your opponents are biased, haters, fanbois - when this debate is over I shall be choosing the winner based on the merits of your argument)

Edited by Beniboybling

Play nice now. While admittedly a flame war would make this thread my most popular to date - I don't want to cause any injury. :D

The problem here however with your argument is that your taking it more as a 1v1 battle, rather than a large scale Kaggath. There is more to consider than just Revan's power in the Force etc. I agree that Revan could best Traya, but he has to best her forces first. And on that field she can bring her other talents to bear. (Also any fight between these two would probably occur at Malachor - where Traya would have the advantage)

EDIT: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - PERSONAL INSULTS DO NOT COUNT AS ARGUMENTS, THEY WILL NOT WIN YOU ANY POINTS!

Well than I probably agree with BrandonSM on how he said it but really I am kinda unsure .

If Traya had full access which you took away , she would undoubtably win .

Sion would even eventually wear Revan down , there is no defense against someone that can literally keep coming at you and not die or weaken.

Nihilus would likely Beat Revan with his seemingly infinite ForceLightning , Force Sever , Force Drain .................but I am unsure of this only Because I cannot argue Revan's Abilities to defend against such skills.

As for Traya sith assassins , they were Revan's before they were hers . Its one of the many Reasons Revan gained control over the Republic so fast. So how do we compair the Same Assassins ?

I do not remember Traya having a Fleet , but we know Revan did .

Matter of Fact , Nihilus was rolling around in one of Revan's ships .

So really I cannot see how Traya would be able to defend herself outside of Nihilus and Sion which are her Golden boys that would undoubtably win the fight for her without question or as of yet because Drew sucked at putting forth Canon Abilities unlike Chris or whomever that Wrote KotoRII who wasted no time getting the Exile all Cannoned up.

I honestly believe if this is going to be a battle of Resources Nihilus and Sion should count and matter , not to argue the rules .

Edit . Now to think of it , this fight is kinda hard to put into place being the reasons the Republic was like it was at the time was

A. Revan's Empire

B. Malek's Empire

C. Nihilus and Sion finishing off everything else .

Maybe I am not giving Traya enough credit as she was a Teacher to Revan , Sion , Nihilus and the Exile .

I do think she is powerful and wise , and I love her character , I just do not see the winning edge unless we add in her two then Apprentices Nihilus and Sion .

Edited by mefit

Revan wins clearly.

******We have to remember She was a Jedi Master to him , which if you read his lore he had many . She did open his eyes unlike the others and gave him the type of thinking that we seen him have in "FOUNDRY" , but over all being someones Master as a Jedi is nothing on the page of being someones Master as a Sith or Darkjedi .......AND YOU KNOW THIS MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !******

Yeah... I don't think it was very good of you to come into a fresh debate and say what you did to Aurbere. He has yet to say anything disagreeble so far, so let's leave past arguments alone and have a legit debate.

I'm sure Traya could utilize her assassins in other ways. Sneaking them aboard Republic shuttles bound for capital ships. The utility these assassins have is great. And know that while the element of surprise would be lost after one or two instances of assassin encounters, that is an advantage in itself. Knowing that there are assassins lurking does more damage than the assassins themselves would do. Paranoia, sleep depravation, and other things would occur if they know Traya has assassins to use against them. This causes a whole host of problems for the Republic. Suddenly, you don't know what to do, you can almost feel them standing behind (even though they aren't really there). That alone can lead to Revan losing.

Traya, wise as she is, will no doubt make use of Malachor V to prevent Revan from fully defeating her. If Revan attempted to engage her at the Trayus Core, he would fall to the Dark Side. The Dark energies of Malachor, combined with Traya manipulating him, would cause him to join her, or even take control of Traya's forces. This gives Traya the victory.

I would agree with you that Revan COULD NOT beat Traya one-on-one at Malachor V. But he wouldn't have to do that.

Let's review the points we've made:

Revan's army is likely larger then Kreia's

Revan is a better leader WHEN it comes down to legit battles

Traya will likely use her assassins rather then get into a legit battle

Traya will likely stay at Malachor V - where Revan couldn't beat Traya in a duel do to the whole darkside nexus thing

Revan has a significant logistical advantage. Remember: he's commanding the Republic army - which (obviously) is owned by the Republic. The Republic is FAR more capable then Traya's empire when it comes to trade/resources and stuff. The Republic has been around for thousands of years, while Traya's army has only been around a few years. Traya purely commands an army, not (many) citizens. Citizens = money. Money = good.

So in a prolonged war, Revan's army will be much better off then Traya's. In fact, instead of engaging Traya at her base (Malachor V), Revan could simply wait/starve her out. So in a prolonged war, I believe Revan wins it due to logistics.

Yeah... I don't think it was very good of you to come into a fresh debate and say what you did to Aurbere. He has yet to say anything disagreeble so far, so let's leave past arguments alone and have a legit debate.

Let me steal a Quote " I am not going to be all Jedish here"

Yes I was wrong but ahead of the game , you think they were worried about the name calling in the last threads as they acted first .

Its a tired arguement and I am just like them tired of the debat -

Sorry Aurbere , I was wrong to jump too it . I guess is the only right way is allow them first blows.

Edited by mefit

I would agree with you that Revan COULD NOT beat Traya one-on-one at Malachor V. But he wouldn't have to do that.

Let's review the points we've made:

Revan's army is likely larger then Kreia's

Revan is a better leader WHEN it comes down to legit battles

Traya will likely use her assassins rather then get into a legit battle

Traya will likely stay at Malachor V - where Revan couldn't beat Traya in a duel do to the whole darkside nexus thing

Revan has a significant logistical advantage. Remember: he's commanding the Republic army - which (obviously) is owned by the Republic. The Republic is FAR more capable then Traya's empire when it comes to trade/resources and stuff. The Republic has been around for thousands of years, while Traya's army has only been around a few years. Traya purely commands an army, not (many) citizens. Citizens = money. Money = good.

So in a prolonged war, Revan's army will be much better off then Traya's. In fact, instead of engaging Traya at her base (Malachor V), Revan could simply wait/starve her out. So in a prolonged war, I believe Revan wins it due to logistics.

Well, obviously Revan is going to win the prolonged battle. But Traya, wise as she is, knows this and would do what she can to defeat Revan's forces with the people she has. Traya can mobilize assassins to infiltrate Revan's forces and wear them down. The threat of infiltration impacts an army greater than the actual infiltration. All that needs to be there is the possibility for Traya's assassins to be lurking and the Republic soldiers will slowly go mad.

Revan would win a prolonged war, but that doesn't mean that it will happen. If Revan tried to wait her out, he would see his troops slowly fall apart. Traya would turn Revan's strategy against him.