Why are we letting them slide on the lag????

Ferrnitty

because its to be expected with a major expansion where lots of people are returning. If the lag is still so bad after another 2 weeks or so then Ill hound them. Until then im prepared to be patient because I understand that it makes not sense to invest in more hardware and resources to combat the lag that is only temporary. Edited by BaronV

because its to be expected with a major expansion where lots of people are returning. If the lag is still so bad after another 2 weeks or so then Ill hound them. Until then im prepared to be patient because I understand that it makes not sense to invest in more hardware and resources to combat the lag that is only temporary.

Alll im saying is if you intend to be a top rated game investing seems like a reasonable strat. But we will wait and see.

Alll im saying is if you intend to be a top rated game investing seems like a reasonable strat. But we will wait and see.

exactly thats all that is needed. A little bit of wait and see. The expansion is only going live today.

because its to be expected with a major expansion where lots of people are returning. If the lag is still so bad after another 2 weeks or so then Ill hound them. Until then im prepared to be patient because I understand that it makes not sense to invest in more hardware and resources to combat the lag that is only temporary.

You're right, you don't want to spend on additional hardware unjustifiably that ends up wasn't necessary after a few weeks. However you get yourself in some circular reasoning, chicken-or-the-eggish.......it most likely will go away after a couple of weeks or so because people will get fed up with the abilities lag and leave.....thus, reducing the stress of population on the servers. However, how many of them would have stayed, had there been no lag? :t_confused:

Edited by Code_Airwolf

great business strategy

provide a terrible experience to your customers so they leave so that you can support a smaller amount of customers that also just leave over time...because of the lack of customers lol

This. Open too many servers when it isn't really needed and you end up with server ghost towns 6 months later.

My biggest disappointment is that the lag issue is clearly server side (EA's issue, not the customer's issue) and yet despite tickets and posts to both General, Customer Service and Bug forums there has been zero response from them at any level acknowledging that something in 3.0 affected the frame rates.

This is NOT a population issue. Patch 3.0 did not bring in the numbers that should stress these servers. Not that many people have come back, relatively speaking. For example, POT5 is still "Standard" at prime time; never even got to "Heavy" after the release of 3.0 last week.

My biggest disappointment is that the lag issue is clearly server side (EA's issue, not the customer's issue) and yet despite tickets and posts to both General, Customer Service and Bug forums there has been zero response from them at any level acknowledging that something in 3.0 affected the frame rates.

This is NOT a population issue. Patch 3.0 did not bring in the numbers that should stress these servers. Not that many people have come back, relatively speaking. For example, POT5 is still "Standard" at prime time; never even got to "Heavy" after the release of 3.0 last week.

Frame rates are not the same as lag...

Noticed that on Rishi the draw distance for some objects is very far.

For example I can see the chest spawning when they are only the size of a few dots. So maybe they are trying to increase the draw distance, hence the lag for some. Although I disabled the shadows long time ago and never lag on Rishi with a GTX570 and a fair computer.

That's a poor excuse for any company to make... "We will wait till people get the sh*ts with the lag and leave... Then we won't have to do anything"

How about they just do some better project management and make sure the hardware and game are ready for the release... I know if I did my project management the way these guys do I would lose my contracts

Imagine if this was every companies attitude to things in general... We would be living in 3rd world squalor

I agree... Why should we just accept this type of service... I agree with the OP... We should all be making more noise about how bad the lag is...

I do not think people on this forum have played much MMOs in there life, if they are making such complaints. I play lots of multiverse online games even multi-player shooter games that lag out all the time. Then you take a complex game like star wars that people want more content, only to complain about lag. Even wow is a very childish game compared to star wars, just a grinding mob setup.

Comes down to; if you want no lag play a single player game, if you want a MMO you will have lag...so lets get past ignorance.

This. Open too many servers when it isn't really needed and you end up with server ghost towns 6 months later.

How about just use better hardware... Not open more servers... With much better hardware they could probably even merge some of those ghost towns...

I do not think people on this forum have played much MMOs in there life, if they are making such complaints. I play lots of multiverse online games even multi-player shooter games that lag out all the time. Then you take a complex game like star wars that people want more content, only to complain about lag. Even wow is a very childish game compared to star wars, just a grinding mob setup.

Comes down to; if you want no lag play a single player game, if you want a MMO you will have lag...so lets get past ignorance.

It's this sort of complacency that makes companies think making a game that gets more laggy each update is ok...

In this day and age there is hardware that can handle this sort of game with minimal difficulty...

Server population stability? That's a pretty poor excuse to use considering an MMO has to be ready for fluctuations in player numbers, especially when a new expac hits.

Right now the lag should be the biggest issue on EA/BW plate. People who log in to play in the new zones and get frustrated because lag is bad aren't likely to stick around and pay them more money. I know I've gotten miffed when my abilities don't fire properly or I can't get my companions or the mobs I'm fighting to decide exactly where they are.

I don't mind paying repair bills for my mistakes, but I sure as heck don't appreciate it when I'm paying because of the lag beast.

It is prevalent in every aspect of the game yet we are not hounding them for a fix. If this isnt fixed b4 the other 85% of subscribers arrive no cosmetic fix they have spoken of will amount to a hill of beans.

Nobody is letting them slide. We all, myself included (despite various personal attacks suggesting otherwise), want the lag fixed.

Some of us are just mature enough to not insight forum riots over it.

It's a problem. We've seen it before after major new releases. It will get fixed.

Hopefully Santa puts a large bottle of patience in your stocking this year instead of the coal you usually get. :p

Edited by Andryah

Server population stability? That's a pretty poor excuse to use considering an MMO has to be ready for fluctuations in player numbers, especially when a new expac hits.

Right now the lag should be the biggest issue on EA/BW plate. People who log in to play in the new zones and get frustrated because lag is bad aren't likely to stick around and pay them more money. I know I've gotten miffed when my abilities don't fire properly or I can't get my companions or the mobs I'm fighting to decide exactly where they are.

I don't mind paying repair bills for my mistakes, but I sure as heck don't appreciate it when I'm paying because of the lag beast.

Every MMO has particular repeat issues that they serve customers with at no additional charge. For SWTOR it has always been sever stability issues at the top of the list when major new content goes live. These servers tend to have issues when they get crushed with population. It compounds the effects of bugs. It makes playing erratic and unpredictable. They also manage to get it tamped down when it happens.

TL;DR this too will pass... just like every other prosecuted tragedy by forum members since launch. Until it passes... chillax.

Edited by Andryah