50 Bracket - 100% Grind / 0% Fun

Ashes_Arizona

Just gotta say, I've been trying to keep an open mind on this 50 bracket PvP and I'm just done with it. Took me 6 hours to complete my dailies today, I got 6 Cent comms and 8k credits for my time.

Its no fun. At all, its always a bunch of uber geared Sorcerers or Sages beating down everyone else in the WZ simply cause they ground out gear and now they get to be godlike and everyone is meat.

This so called promised 1.2 patch with no date on it is not an acceptable solution for me. I'm just not going to do this any more. Its not worth it, its not fun, the only people having fun are the people that are already geared.

I'm going to re-roll and go back to the 10 - 49 bracket where the competition is an honest challenge til my sub runs out. Then I'm cancelling til I see some patch notes that indicate that they've actually put some effort into sorting this crap out.

This could be good PvP, the basic tenants of the class vs class game play is actually pretty good. End game PvP sucks, period. And I refuse to support it any further. Six hours of my time grinding my face against people that have a huge advantage on me just because of gear, while I wait for a mythical fairy to grace TOR with the 1.2 patch just isn't going to work. I figured PvP would be what would keep me interested in this game, welp, its not going to, so, good job BioWare, hope you sort it out before you have to make the game Free to Play.

10-49 was fun on my server. 50:50 wins maybe even a bit more. Now that I'm Level 50 it takes 20+ matches to get three wins. Thank god I got 6 unique items from 13 champ bags. Lucky me? I would rage if all this was for nothing. Edited by karcyon

Well thats why you MUST AFK in warzones... its what bioware DESERVES TO GET for making such crappy game

AFKing in WZ's isn't exactly all that rewarding, its just wasting time in a passive aggressive manner. I got better things I can do with my time, like fight in the 10 - 49 bracket where I actually enjoy myself and the rewards are fairly consistent.

As thing stand now its going to take ages to gear to even have 50+ PvP be fun again, and the 1.2 patch might be a solution but its at the very least a month away if not more.

Its a game, when its no longer fun, its not a game any more.

10-49 was fun on my server. 50:50 wins maybe even a bit more. Now that I'm Level 50 it takes 20+ matches to get three wins. Thank god I got 6 unique items from 13 champ bags. Lucky me? I would rage if all this was for nothing.

100% agree. i cant do my 3 win daily on 2 characters.......

If you're losing 80% of the time that means other people are winning 80% of the time. Rather than cry about it on the forums why not actually do something about it. Newsflash, premades beat pugs. If you're just solo queuing over and over and losing what do you want BW to do, make friends for you?

There are some class balance issues still, these are valid complaints. The fact that you cant finish your daily b/c either you suck at pvp or can't find anyone to pvp with is not a flaw in the pvp system. Better, more organized pvp'ers beat pugs solo queuing and not communicating.

If you're losing 80% of the time that means other people are winning 80% of the time. Rather than cry about it on the forums why not actually do something about it. Newsflash, premades beat pugs. If you're just solo queuing over and over and losing what do you want BW to do, make friends for you?

There are some class balance issues still, these are valid complaints. The fact that you cant finish your daily b/c either you suck at pvp or can't find anyone to pvp with is not a flaw in the pvp system. Better, more organized pvp'ers beat pugs solo queuing and not communicating.

File this under derp. We know this.

I don't really have trouble completing my dailies it just takes a lot of time and the rewards are ****.

To top it off I went from scoring 8 - 10 medals in the 10 - 49 Bracket to be lucky in some 50 bracket games if I score 1 medal though my average seems to be around 4.

And thats not a case of facing premades thats a case of facing people that are just too geared for me to be effective against them. Sure I can WIN the warzone by playing smart with my fellow players and I don't lose more than I win, this isn't a case of being mad about losing.

This is a case of 50 bracket PvP being unrewarding and not fun and the only people its fun for are PvP geared bads who are hiding how bad at PvP they really are behind a 15% advantage against me. I've taken any number of geared 50's down to EXACTLY that last 15% of their health before dying myself...the difference? They get to win because they have the gear had the gear been even I'd have destroyed them.

Now if I have someone else involved yeah we'll win cause that 15% isn't going to help them. But when an entire enemy team has that 15% advantage on you, its not fun...at all.

50 Bracket PvP is not fun. The reward system is not fun. Ergo, TOR end game, for me, not fun, not worth my money til it gets fun.

To top it off I went from scoring 8 - 10 medals in the 10 - 49 Bracket to be lucky in some 50 bracket games if I score 1 medal though my average seems to be around 4.

My first game in the 50 bracket I got 1 medal. It was really sad. Then I kept playing and doing better. In about a week I averaged around 7 medals again. Your complaint is essentially that 50s pvp sucks b/c you get stomped when you are starting out. BUT 10-49 pvp was super fun b/c you were ... oh right, stomping all the lowbies.

Rofl, super valid argument.

Edited by Soilantgreen

90% of the geared players didn't have to grind to get anything, they took advantage of a broken system to gear up faster than others.

Now that certain changes have gone into effect, the rest of us are hamstrung until we catch up, which will take a few months at the present rate.

Ridiculous.

Well what I've started doing due to getting bored/fed up of 50 pvp is geared so far into PvP gear (sitting around 9% expertise but will finish on 10%) then sticking to ops/flashpoints to get the parts I'm missing in Columni/Rakata gear.

Going to try mix and match parts before going back into pvp, going to see how having the 2 piece bonus from Vindicator and the 2 piece from Raid gear weighs up when put together (I prefer the 2 piece from Vindicator as being able to heal yourself on Guardian leap is actually a lot better than an extra second on force stasis that you'll never see)

Judging from what I've seen of the Columni/Rakata weapons for a start vs the BM weapon, I'll miss 1% expertise for a 2-3% stat increase differential, yea I think it's worth the trade.

Edited by Zarthorn

Your complaint is essentially that 50s pvp sucks b/c you get stomped when you are starting out. BUT 10-49 pvp was super fun b/c you were ... oh right, stomping all the lowbies.

Rofl, super valid argument.

You do know that in the 10-49 bracket a lv 15 or so can drop a lv 49? That is until more of the higher levels in the bracket, get their crutch of buying weapons and extracting the expertise mods for the rest of their gear.

90% of the geared players didn't have to grind to get anything, they took advantage of a broken system to gear up faster than others.

Now that certain changes have gone into effect, the rest of us are hamstrung until we catch up, which will take a few months at the present rate.

Ridiculous.

Cry about the last system, cry about the fix the booger picking masses called for....the pity party never ends in emo land.

Bolster gives you all your higher level skills?

Dude I was wrecking people when I was level 11 in the 10 - 49 bracket, Bolster works just fine. I didn't need my 31 point talent skill to be what I am in PvP in the 10 - 49 bracket.

I still averaged 8 - 10 medals a game. Period. My damage was always in the 155k to 250k range. This was from level 11 to level 49, it was always more or less along the same averages.

In 50 bracket PvP, I average about 100k damage, and 4 medals is my average and its not because the players are better. I played against multiple people in the 10 - 49 bracket that I'd classify as far more skilled than some of the 50's I'm PvPing against in the 50 bracket.

Its because of the gear equation, period. And that makes it suck. Its playing a competitive game against people with a stacked deck.

My gear/talent spec/level had zero to do with what went on in the 10 - 49 bracket.

Oddly enough my gear/talent spec/level has zero to do with my performance in the 50 bracket too, cause I'm dealing with a situation designed for failure as it is.

Funny how 10 - 49, what I've got isn't that big an impact against other players I play with and we can all play more or less equally, but at level 50 what I've got is of no consequence against people that exploited Ilum exploits to gear up super fast and now spend all their time in WZ's making the 50 bracket fun for no one but themselves.

I agree with the OP. I want PvP where skill level is a factor. In its current state, geared players have such an advantage that it almost doesn't matter at all how good an ungeared opponent is, they're going to win the fight. The massive health pools and the 30% or more additional damage that a BM can do to a character with no expertise than an ungeared player do to a geared BM (15% damage bonus plus the ungeared player doesn't have the 15% reduction not to mention base stats) is just too much to overcome.

What makes the situation worse is the RNG bag system and the glacial pace at which centurion comms are acquired. 800 WZ comms for 1/13 of a set piece of the lowest tier of pvp gear is just ridiculous. The stupid bag system just adds another layer of frustration to an already frustrating process for new 50s.

The proposed fix to bags isn't going to help much either. They're going to make it easier for new 50s to get centurion but much much harder to get champion until they grind a ton of valor.

The bag system needs to be scrapped and they need to think about adding some craftable starter PvP gear. It would make getting into PvP less painful and add some useful endgame professions to the game besides biochem.

Edited by Josich

Funny how 10 - 49, what I've got isn't that big an impact against other players I play with and we can all play more or less equally, but at level 50 what I've got is of no consequence against people that exploited Ilum exploits to gear up super fast and now spend all their time in WZ's making the 50 bracket fun for no one but themselves.

Right now you only gear up fast because of luck, not because of anything else. You can't blame players for being lucky with the system that was handed to them.

I agree with the OP. I want PvP where skill level is a factor. In its current state, geared players have such an advantage that it almost doesn't matter at all how good an ungeared opponent is, they're going to win the fight. The massive health pools and the 30% or more additional damage that they do to a character with no expertise than they do to a geared BM (15% damage bonus plus the ungeared player doesn't have the 15% reduction not to mention base stats) is just too much to overcome.

What makes the situation worse is the RNG bag system and the glacial pace at which centurion comms are acquired. 800 WZ comms for 1/13 of a set piece of the lowest tier of pvp gear is just ridiculous. The stupid bag system just adds another layer of frustration to an already frustrating process for new 50s.

The proposed fix to bags isn't going to help much either. They're going to make it easier for new 50s to get centurion but much much harder to get champion until they grind a ton of valor.

The bag system needs to be scrapped and they need to think about adding some craftable starter PvP gear. It would make getting into PvP less painful and add some useful endgame professions to the game besides biochem.

Craftable PvP Gear? Wow you mean actually give the crafters something that might make their crafting skills worthwhile to something other than twinks?

Thats PREPOSTEROUS!

/irony

That is actually a fantastic idea and it won't happen because BioWare won't pull their heads out of Blizzard's rectum long enough to realize it.

Right now you only gear up fast because of luck, not because of anything else. You can't blame players for being lucky with the system that was handed to them.

Right now, yeah. Not quite true in the last month and a half total. I'm not blaming the players for the system. Thats BioWare's fault, not the players.

And its BioWare's fault for not realizing this needs a more timely fix than "when they get around to it" either.

Right now, yeah. Not quite true in the last month and a half total. I'm not blaming the players for the system. Thats BioWare's fault, not the players.

And its BioWare's fault for not realizing this needs a more timely fix than "when they get around to it" either.

Even then it was still luck. Sure some people got heaps of valor (and still are to an extent), but valor means nothing unless you have the gear. Such is the way things go when you rely on RNG to reward people. I honestly have no idea how that system made it out of the gate.

Are all you new fifties making premades of new 50s or something? If so thats not a good idea.

There were enemies in the 10-49 bracket right? So the other side has new 50s also which should balance things out right?

Or are you upset that you cant put out the same damage you were in the lowbie bracket. You are just starting endgame....did you think it was going to be easy?

Blame it on the gear...blame it on Bioware....blame it on mmo pvp, but I think Bioware is about done with the handouts.

Edited by asdfgasdfasd