Returning Companions in KOTET

DarkTrooperV

Ok, so, I've watched the livestreams (or their recordings). And except for the ones you posted. You have said NOTHING about the rest of our LI companions returning. Those like Elara Dorne, Raina Temple, Vector, Corso Riggs, Malavai Quinn, and many others. Can you at least give us SOMETHING about what is happening to them?

I do not speak for everyone. But can you at least tell us that: Yes, they are all coming back in some kind of chapter. Or No, we really don't care enough to do anything with them anymore. Just give us SOMETHING other than a supremely vague answer. Personally, I don't want specifics. I just need a yes or no answer. And I'm sure others would like it too. It will tell us whether to continue supporting your game or not.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Bioware confirm that no complains will be returning in KoTET?

Not that I am aware of. AFAIK it's all been forum handwringing and all Bioware said was that *all* of them returning in KotET would be impossible but that they planned to return SOME.

Edited by stoopicus

As far as I understand it, the answer is no, which if does end up being the case, that will be the last month of me subbing SWTOR.

I wont continue paying them to lie to me, which they did when they said we would get all our comps back.

Not going to try to change your mind because what I am about to state is semantics. BUT, BW did not "lie". All they said was that we would get all our companions back, they did not specify WHEN.

Ok, so, I've watched the livestreams (or their recordings). And except for the ones you posted. You have said NOTHING about the rest of our LI companions returning. Those like Elara Dorne, Raina Temple, Vector, Corso Riggs, Malavai Quinn, and many others. Can you at least give us SOMETHING about what is happening to them?

https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/97476720 start at or near 43:33. Charles does comment on returning companions in general, which does affect your characters LI's.

As to which ones (if any) return during KoTET, they are not going to give any spoilers.

As far as I understand it, the answer is no, which if does end up being the case, that will be the last month of me subbing SWTOR.

I wont continue paying them to lie to me, which they did when they said we would get all our comps back.

This pretty much mirrors my opinion.

To the OP's question: they basically gave as vague of an answer as possible. In the livestream they pretty much said "we want to bring companions back, but we want to focus on the story more, but we really want to bring the companions back at some point, but right now we really want to focus on the story." So I would count on them not returning, at least not with the initial drop of 5.0. As with every single other aspect of this expansion, we've received almost no communication or confirmation on whether they're actually returning or not, and the info we have received is dodgy.

What is more frustrating is the fact that it makes zero sense for our LIs and companions not to return in KOTET. They made it abundantly clear in Chapter 16 that the republic, empire, and zakuul know who the Outlander is at this point. Are we really supposed to believe that our LIs and primary companions--the ones that were previously at the forefront of major galactic conflict--have had their heads buried in the sand on tatooine for the entirety of KOTFE and KOTET? :rak_02:

They said season 2, KOTET is season 2, so yes, they lied. :(

I remember something to this effect said a while ago, so if they're not letting us have them back, then yep, they lied, or if not intentionally, they didn't know what they were doing, which wouldn't shock me either.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...895606&page=24

Here's what Charles Boyd said in the livestream, courtesy of someone else on Tumblr:

tl:dr: Don't hold your breath (in a ramble even less clear than the blathering about Operations)

Charles Boyd: “Well, I’ve definitely seen a few saying, "will I get all of them back?”, and that is impossible. There’s definitely still a lot left, and that’s on us; so I know that and it’s something that pains me literally everyday because I really want to get those companions back. I can kinda talk about this for twenty minutes straight, cos it’s something that’s really important to me, it’s a key part of the story; balancing, moving the storyline forward, feeling like you’re seeing your decisions pay off quickly, that you’re seeing results, that we’re tying off story points like: what’s the deal with Arcann, what’s the deal with Valkorion, where’s this stuff with Zakuul going - balanced with getting characters back, introducing them to people who don’t know them, reminding you of them if you hadn’t seen them in a few years, and that sort of thing.

It’s a really tough thing to balance out, and I feel like we probably didn’t quite get that balance right, at least not as best as I would have liked it last year - so we wanted to focus this year’s storyline on moving the story forward, giving pay offs, giving resolution to a lot of the things that people were really wanting to see that we felt like were stretched out a little too much last year.

So that’s really the focus of the Chapters. Now: does that mean we’ll never get any of those companions back - absolutely not, I have said many times, and dug myself deep into a hole that I will probably be murdered over it at some point - it is my intention that you will get every companion back eventually as part of the story. Because to me, that is critical, they are awesome characters, they deserve storyline reintroductions that are appropriate to them, that really give you the feeling that you miss and give you the pay off that you want getting those characters back. I wanna really do them justice. But of course there’s quite a few of them left, that’s going to take some serious time to do. We’re going to do our best as time proceeds, we’ll figure out what the best way to do that is, and we’ll keep you all posted as we go.“

Might want to listen to

starting at 42.18 where they talk about the reasons they are not bringing the companions back in the new expansion. Edited by casirabit

So, tl;dr, getting them all back in KotET is impossible, because they want to reintroduce them well in the story, but they are intending to bring them back as fast as they can. That's pretty much what I remembered. Thanks for posting that.

Yet after the 9 chapters of Kotet, where they dont give them back to us, they are once again dumping story to focus on other things.

So they -might- get around to dribbling them back to us in a year or two... maybe...

I'm going to wait to complain until we see how many come back in KotET. We'll see.

Doc or M1-4x do not count :D

As far as I can tell, Kira, Jaesa, Quinn and Scourge are the ones most people wish to have back. So, if they were any good at their jobs, they'd have them prioritized.

I'm going to wait to complain until we see how many come back in KotET. We'll see.

Except a lot of us have no faith in them anymore. They have said so many things in the last few years that believing them when they say this is not something a lot of us will do. I wouldn't put it past them to say this and not bring them back due to the fact they know if they say not happening people will leave. I seriously doubt they will bring them back in this expansion due to the fact all 9 chapters are being released at one time, not like they did with the last expansion.

Same thing they have been doing with the ones that want some new operations and they either ignore the questions or say they not ruling them out but never really come out and say whether or not there will be new operations or not, and no uprisings are not the same.

So a lot of us have learned to take what they say with a grain of salt instead of just believing them outright.

Edited by casirabit

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...895606&page=24

Charles Boyd: “Well, I’ve definitely seen a few saying, "will I get all of them back?”, and that is impossible. There’s definitely still a lot left, and that’s on us.

I've been pessimistic about companions returning based on this, however I think there will be a couple (or more) surprise returns in KOTET as there have been so many threads about this so I think BW/EA understand the importance of companions to many of us. I think they have tried to warn us in advance that not everyone will be happy with who is returning HOWEVER the ones that are left after the conclusion of KOTET will return in some big way through their own story. The only problem with is that we might be waiting until Dec 2017 (another year) for this.

I recently replayed the Jedi Knight story with Lord Scourge as my main companion (once I got him) instead of Doc. They HAVE to return Lord Scourge in the KOTET story based on his back story, history with the Emporer and story with the Knight. It will make absolutely no sense if they don't. The other story relevant ones they should return are Kira (even though she is not one of my favourites she is linked to the Emperor) and Malavai Quinn (due to his devotion to the romanced player and the Empire). None of the others fit with the KOTFE/KOTET storyline except as alerts which they don't deserve. Andronikos Revel should have been brought back ages ago due to his pirate history - he would have fit right in with Hylo et al.

Kind of disappointing that the main companions LI's are just left in the lurch with no explanation, like if we are the leader of this huge galaxy wide alliance of republic and sith that is resisting and sucessfully fighting back against the eternal throne how on earth could our former companions and love interests not find us or not meet us.

It's just another plot hole, because it makes absolutely no sense this is the biggest problem with kotfe and seemingly will be the same with kotet more holes than swiss cheese.

So it was impossible to bring them all back in KotET but they are all coming back at some point.

Hope springs eternal, as the saying goes, but however thin this one might be I'm going to cling to the hope that they actually will all come back.

And I suppose if the identity of the "Outlander" remains somewhat obscured or unclear that it isn't entirely unreasonable for it to take some of our companions longer to return, especially with the chaotic state of the galaxy. Remembering the :eek: look on Torian's face when my BH turned around, he obviously had no idea that the Leader of the Alliance meeting with the Mandos was his old boss.

I would, of course, rather have them all back NOW but if the writers really do give them all meaningful returns then it will have been worth the wait.

I actually think that the voice actors strike screwed the pooch here. They had to cram all the Eternal Empire stuff in to the first (and only) 9 chapters instead of trickling the rest along the year like in KotFE. If I was a wagering man I would bet that when the first hints of an impending strike came, the first things to get the axe would have been any companion return chapters.