No pvp Burst...

Cluexyst

Rogue classes, being the jedi shadow and the scoundrel in dps mode crit me for quite alot. Not unmanageable amounts if you're playing it right as a healer, but they are the rogues of this game. Also, afaik, sages are built not just for crits, but for dots.

So I'm level 49 and I crit for a whole 2k. Amazing eh? I heard bounty hunters crit for a lot.

Um...

Mind Crush

Mind snap

Boulder or Pebbles, obviously Pebbles does more DPS

Mind Crush anytime it drops

Repeat?

If you don't have your target DoT'ed at all times you're killing yourself in the DPS race. If you don't know what I mean by pebbles and boulder you should be sad. I'm having a blast trolling my buddies by telling them that, then they remember I "renamed" them.

Edited by Nalissi

Im planning on an instant cast type sage for pvp unlike the dot type everyone seems to be rolling... With telekinetic proc to instant cast you can: weaken mind, project + chance of extra dmg, telekinetic throw -> proc leading to disturbance + chance of extra dmg + chance for telekinetic wave instant, force in balance whenever you want it. Should provide some nice burst dmg.

If that doesnt work you can go for an instant cast/dot type dmg dealer casting mind crush when you get telekinetic throw proc, investing talents in dot dmg/uptime and throwing disturbance/telekinetic wave in there when both dots are up.

Best thing -> basically no casting time (except telekinetic throw - but no cd talent here). Turbulence would be nice to have but unfortunately too high in the tree.

So I'm level 49 and I crit for a whole 2k. Amazing eh? I heard bounty hunters crit for a lot.

Tell us what target you get those 2k crits on. Most of your nukes are kinetic dmg which is reduced by armor. All tanks take reduced kinetic dmg, and many classes have CDs to reduce incoming dmg for a period of time. Only dmg not affected by armor is elemental and intern dmg (still JC and SI have 10% innate dmg reduced vs those types, and sage and sorc can spec for extra 15% reducement, while sin and shadow tanks for 9%).

On my lvl 26 sin (now almost 31), my highest crits in pvp were ~3k+ which was a EW proc Maul, in rest my trash hits for aprox 1k or so per swing, shock and discharge ~1k etc. Except snipping classes, and prolly a merc critting his missile attack at 5 stacks and a rail shot crit (same for trooper) I can't see other big crits coming (yes op and smuggler get some nice dmg during the 50% armor debuff).

It lacks a bit of burst, but I can definitely kill people, especially one on one.

Tele Throw > PoM procs > Mind Crush > Tele Throw > PoM procs > Disturbance

Throw in Weaken Mind, Mind Snap, and Project, and people just seem to die.

Im planning on an instant cast type sage for pvp unlike the dot type everyone seems to be rolling... With telekinetic proc to instant cast you can: weaken mind, project + chance of extra dmg, telekinetic throw -> proc leading to disturbance + chance of extra dmg + chance for telekinetic wave instant, force in balance whenever you want it. Should provide some nice burst dmg.

If that doesnt work you can go for an instant cast/dot type dmg dealer casting mind crush when you get telekinetic throw proc, investing talents in dot dmg/uptime and throwing disturbance/telekinetic wave in there when both dots are up.

Best thing -> basically no casting time (except telekinetic throw - but no cd talent here). Turbulence would be nice to have but unfortunately too high in the tree.

Not saying anything is wrong with your build, but to me, Telekinetics seems like a raid tree, like the Arcane tree for Mages in WoW. It doesn't seem as good as Balance for PvP.

The Consular does a lot of damage spread out among a lot of targets. What they lack in burst, they make up for in sustained damage, CC, and the occasional heal if they're a DPS sage.

Bounty Hunters have excellent burst and terrible sustained damage. A good BH does just about as much damage as I do in Warzones, in total. Don't attempt to 1v1 them if they're a 41+ Mercanary. You'll get wrecked unless you can manage to CC/interrupt them right when they start their Heartseeker Missiles (ability that does ~6k damage in ~6 seconds).

Not saying anything is wrong with your build, but to me, Telekinetics seems like a raid tree, like the Arcane tree for Mages in WoW. It doesn't seem as good as Balance for PvP.

Perhaps... Will just have to test it out. Speaking in WoW terms the most common pvp spec is a warlock type of character. Telekinetic wave is an aoe, maybe that will give me some advantage as well as speccing for force shield talents for increased survivability against melee and increased range for attacks. Maybe the difference will only be in the playstyle... I expect this spec to be more rng though cause you rely on 2 procs for instant casting - hopefully the burst will be worth it.

I'm having very little issue in PvP as a Telekinetics Sage. Keep targets dotted and use Turbulence as focus burst when you need it. I'm not sure about you guys, but I stack as much crit/surge as I can. Seems to help in the crit department. Very little issue handling anyone 1v1...and when I find one I can't seem to handle, just force speed away and heal. I dunno, no complaints.

I have very little trouble with any class except the BH (lvl ~40+), which, for me, is just impossible to take down 1v1. Their burst damage combined with their heavy armor is the bane of my sage's sustained damage and light armor. Powertechs and Mercanaries alike, unless they're completely daft, I can't take them down.