Disturbance Useful?

Cmdluke

I'm playing a Balance Sage and I have taken Disturbance completely off of my hotbar. Since Tel Throw no longer has a cooldown for me, I just spam that when project, the force in balance or mind crush are on cooldown. I use the presence of mind proc to insta cast mind crush.

my question is, is Disturbance useful? should i put it back in my rotation at all?

I'm kind of curious if Disturbance is useful for Telekinetic spec while we're on the subject of the ability. I haven't had much of a chance to test it in an environment where I don't have a lot of input lag, but it just seems more effective to use Mind Crush then spam Project and Telekinetic Throw.

Balance is a PvP spec. It might not be in your priority list or rotation but one thing with PvP you have to be Gumby (AkA Flexible) Some situations will call for just a nice attack as you are running away. It really could be useless for you I don't know I havn't played balance but I use to PvP a lot. Main rule though for PvP just have tools ready for some situations. Use your own mind and think what situation you could use it for.

If you are talking about PvE it isn't in your rotation :)

I'm kind of curious if Disturbance is useful for Telekinetic spec while we're on the subject of the ability. I haven't had much of a chance to test it in an environment where I don't have a lot of input lag, but it just seems more effective to use Mind Crush then spam Project and Telekinetic Throw.

WoW lol. It is one of your main attacks in tele. If gives you a free tele wave when you are speced into it and regenerates your forces that stacks up three times. How can you be confused if it is good for you

Disturbance is a core ability of TK, while its base damage is one of the lowest of sage's spells, it procs a lot of different abilities, specced properly it has a really high crit chance, a chance to do an additonal 30% damage, gives a buff that increases damage done, increases force regen, and has a chance to proc instant casts for our most damaging spell.

I'm playing a Balance Sage and I have taken Disturbance completely off of my hotbar. Since Tel Throw no longer has a cooldown for me, I just spam that when project, the force in balance or mind crush are on cooldown. I use the presence of mind proc to insta cast mind crush.

my question is, is Disturbance useful? should i put it back in my rotation at all?

I am a balance as well and find it usefull from time to time.It often crits and with +20 percent from talent deals comparable damage with project.Plus u can cast it while moving and is good top up between TK waves when u already have Mind Crush on target so as to not loose proc on doing nothing.

Presence of mind procs while mind crush is on cooldown. Other than that, I don't use it either.

Yeah pretty much the same. I use TT until I see a Presence of Mind proc, and if Mind Crush isn't up yet I'll use Disturbance. The cast time makes it not really worth it over TT, but with no cast time it's definitely worth using.

Edited by Amaranth

I don't use disturbance at all haven't had it on my hotbar since level 15.

For presence of mind procs first priority is mind crush 2nd proc with MC on cool down is telekinetic wave. My build is 13/28 as I find those 3 additional points in telekinetics much more useful. Psychic projection makes our bread and butter spell much better (pebble throw) and T. Wave with a presence proc will do ~1,600 based on torhead's base spell damage. With a decent surge rating doing 2.5k crits along with project can give you a good burst in pvp. (cast project first then T wave as they both hit close togeather)

Here you go.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZfzMMdZcrcRsMkrc.1

The concept is max DPS and control. PVE damage rotation is weaken mind, pebbles till PoM procs then MC, Force in balance, back to pebbles till 2nd PoM then T wave. Repeat depending on procs and CDs.

I haven't done any operations yet so I don't know just how sustainable this build is but if you are getting low on force just use pebbles as that is basically free to cast due to psychic barrier.

PVP I like to use project and instant T wave as a burst otherwise I just wear people down with dots and pebbles.

Here you go.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZfzMMdZcrcRsMkrc.1

The concept is max DPS and control. PVE damage rotation is weaken mind, pebbles till PoM procs then MC, Force in balance, back to pebbles till 2nd PoM then T wave. Repeat depending on procs and CDs.

I haven't done any operations yet so I don't know just how sustainable this build is but if you are getting low on force just use pebbles as that is basically free to cast due to psychic barrier.

PVP I like to use project and instant T wave as a burst otherwise I just wear people down with dots and pebbles.

This is the build I use as well. Just a minor change to your pve rotation: WM, FiB(to get Force Suppression up before MC), pebbles till PoM procs then MC, back to pebbles till 2nd PoM then T wave.

In pvp, this is the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. Balance sage is just freaking amazing.

This is the build I use as well. Just a minor change to your pve rotation: WM, FiB(to get Force Suppression up before MC), pebbles till PoM procs then MC, back to pebbles till 2nd PoM then T wave.

In pvp, this is the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. Balance sage is just freaking amazing.

Hi,

Some great reading, I am currently a Level 30 Seer and thinking of going the DPS route as don't believe the healing is that great with Seer at the moment.

I am at work so please forgive me when i ask what WM, up before MC, pebbles and PoM are again?

Also yes I am a bit of a noob but just looking for advice, so what do you mean till PoM procs?

Your specs look really good any advice where to put my early points? Go all TK first or Balance?

Thanks and sorry again for noob questions.

Hi Acko, sorry about the short names/nick names just saves typing.

WM = Weaken Mind

MC = Mind Crush

PoM = Presence of Mind

Presence of Mind

When your Telekinetic Throw deals damage, you have a 30% chance to cause your next Force-damaging attack with an activation time to activate instantly and deal 20% more damage.

Pebbles to me = Telekinetic throw as you seem to be throwing pebbles at people.

Since PoM can proc more often than you can cast MC having a second ability to cast that uses those procs is needed. By default disturbance is used as that ability. I think Telekentic wave (T Wave) is better.

For build go for telekinetic balance first as removing that cool down on pebbles is amazing. Also having an instant force lift which affects multiple targets makes many PVE fights cake. After that I think it's more choice oriented.

Can you link to your 13/28 spec?

Unlike Shadow, for the sage you can pick what ever gives you the highest advantage..

I am mostly heal based but use some of the skills on tk and balanced, because they help overal crit or overal performance.

Since I am mainly heal, I spend most of my points sparingly but even there I dont choose a skill that has no direct plus side for heal/crit/damage or combination of the 3.

mal

31 sage

WoW lol. It is one of your main attacks in tele. If gives you a free tele wave when you are speced into it and regenerates your forces that stacks up three times. How can you be confused if it is good for you

Please don't use the acronym for World of Warcraft to replace the word 'wow'. They're not the same, train yourself to lay off the shift key on the second 'w' and the world will immediately be in color again, unicorns will sing, children will dance.

That said, yes, the majority of your procs in the TK tree are tied to Disturbance, and if you're playing a 21 point Seer hybrid that subs into TK for Effusion, it'll be your primary filler except on Psychic Projection procs.

Balance specs also use Disturbance to burn their Presence of Mind procs when Mind Crush is on cooldown.

Edited by Onager