Are shadows better than assassins?

Benora

It seems ever time I have a run in with a shadow they hit a little too hard with their rocks. I know they're suppose to have the same skills. But, it seems they always hit way harder than assassins. Am I the only one thinking this?lol

Classes are exact mirror. For the same equipment, Project (the rock) will hit as much as shock.

Damage will vary with how the person is specced however.

Ex chain shock deception with 2 VS done and a crit (50% extra crit damage) or Darkness that procced energize etc.

I use to play decep and my shocks never hit that hard. I play a darkness hybrid now. I was way to squishy as deception. If the shadows I've seen are playing the counterpart to deception they are not all the squishy.

really i play deception spec with chain shock my first shock can crit between 3-4.6k and i've only got full champion with a bm weapon and implants/ear piece and i was hitting that before i hit bm its all about knowing when to use abilites e.g use recklessness then shock and discharge on a opponent.

maybe I'm just having a harder time keeping up with my procs. I wish we could use addons like in WOW to let us know when something procs. With the way it is now it's hard to see and keep up with the fight. I'm mostly in champ gear with a few cent pieces

I've gotten used to looking for my procs and recognizing them but it would be nice to have them a little bigger perhaps. Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes suck...

But I think BW said they're supposed to be making them more recognizable in 1.2.

I'm a balance shadow and our projects may seem to hit harder because our projects hang in the air for 1.5 seconds before they hit the target, so I throw a project with force potency and as it hits you if your at 30% health I can hit you with a spinning strike at the same time within the same gcd.

So with me sometimes i like the delay on project and sometimes I wish it was instant like shock

Edited by jbuschell

I'm a balance shadow and our projects may seem to hit harder because our projects hang in the air for 1.5 seconds before they hit the target, so I throw a project with force potency and as it hits you if your at 30% health I can hit you with a spinning strike at the same time within the same gcd.

So with me sometimes i like the delay on project and sometimes I wish it was instant like shock

Personally as far as animation goes, throwing a giant boulder at someone's face is rather awesome :D

However I prefer the timing of shock. Between the two, fairly sure the delay will eventually be applied to shock as well tough.

In the end you do the same damage over 2 GCD.

Edited by verfallen

As a shadow, I can tell you that the main beef we have is the delay on project, not the "hurr durr we throw rocks" QQ. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated in PVP by an assassin or operative who vanishes (or uses immunity abilities like force shroud) as soon as I use a project, leaving the rock hanging in the air. It sucks. Edited by trakata

As a shadow, I can tell you that the main beef we have is the delay on project, not the "hurr durr we throw rocks" QQ. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated in PVP by an assassin or operative who vanishes (or uses immunity abilities like force shroud) as soon as I use a project, leaving the rock hanging in the air. It sucks.

The delay can also work out slightly to your advantage, letting the Project hit at the same moment as the following move for a bit of burst. It's easier to heal from damage that has a longer delay between abilities.

Small consolation, I know, but there's something. : )

maybe I'm just having a harder time keeping up with my procs. I wish we could use addons like in WOW to let us know when something procs. With the way it is now it's hard to see and keep up with the fight. I'm mostly in champ gear with a few cent pieces

your buffs stack in from the left of your portrait, and your debuffs stack in from the right.

I agree that its kind of a pain in the *** to see your proc list, especially since most of our buffs are tiny purple men.

I find its easier to observe the length of the buff bar rather than actually pay attention to the individual buffs.

note the length of your buff bar at the start of the match. assuming you have no other class buffs, its going to be your saber charge and your class buff. 2 squares long. When you shock/wither, harnessed darkness- 3 squares long. when you hit thrash, look for the bar to get longer and more purple- there's going to be another little purple man on your bar if you got your energize proc. When you're familiar with what your buff bar looks like when your procs are up, you dont actually have to read it- you can glance at it and determine from how many icons are on it what you have up.