Could anyone explain the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion to me?

Daylooin

I am curious about a few things.

#1 Are they abandoning the original eight class stories?

#2 How is that going to work? Will each of you're characters simply become the "Outlander"? And Abandon their original stories? Or will each former class produce a slightly different Outlander. Different situations for a Smuggler Outlander than a Trooper etc.

#3 Will prior choices (romance and so forth) play a role in the upcoming expansion? I read how some of the former classes companions will be available to the outlander. Say for instance if it is Risha; will you're smuggler's romance/marriage with her be in-game? (If you married her on you're smuggler)

Thanks and let me know!

Edited by Daylooin

I am curious about a few things.

#1 Are they abandoning the original eight class stories?

#2 How is that going to work? Will each of you're characters simply become the "Outlander"? And Abandon their original stories? Or will each former class produce a slightly different Outlander. Different situations for a Smuggler Outlander than a Trooper etc.

#3 Will prior choices (romance and so forth) play a role in the upcoming expansion? I read how some of the former classes companions will be available to the outlander. Say for instance if it is Risha; will you're smuggler's romance/marriage with her be in-game? (If you married her on you're smuggler)

Thanks and let me know!

They have not divulged enough information to answer your questions except with speculation. So let's speculate...

#1 #2 they can take one of two paths:

a) they leave the existing story alone and upon reaching the appropriate point in the game/story you "switch" to new content. The biggest issue with this is the need to maintain two sets of common areas like fleet: one for 1-60 and another for 60-65.

b) they mimic Blizzard's WoW Cataclysm expansion where the galaxy is remade. but not OVERLY so. Most of the existing elements of remain intact but significant differences exist as well.

I foresee the latter being more likely. Maybe the specific class stories do not change but the planetary questlines do. i.e

one can still be a smuggler chasing down Skavik and later the Voidwolf or one can still be a jedi consular trying to save jedi masters and later trying to maintain the Republic, or one can still be a bounty hunter trying to win the great hunt and later become the hunted by the Republic, or one can be a sith inquisitor still trying to build power to take out a rival, etc etc etc etc etc. but the story beyond that - on each planet, and in the galaxy as a whole - is different. The only story I see that might need significant work would be the jedi knight because of the BBEG being the Sith Emperor

#3 there is no way to know. The closest thing to an answer is a post somewhere that states that existing/old companions are going to be major NPCs. Now reading between the lines some have suggested that means that while we will see them at some point, they may not be able to become a companion again. Again this is 100% speculation!

They have not divulged enough information to answer your questions except with speculation. So let's speculate...

#1 #2 they can take one of two paths:

a) they leave the existing story alone and upon reaching the appropriate point in the game/story you "switch" to new content. The biggest issue with this is the need to maintain two sets of common areas like fleet: one for 1-60 and another for 60-65.

b) they mimic Blizzard's WoW Cataclysm expansion where the galaxy is remade. but not OVERLY so. Most of the existing elements of remain intact but significant differences exist as well.

I foresee the latter being more likely. Maybe the specific class stories do not change but the planetary questlines do. i.e

one can still be a smuggler chasing down Skavik and later the Voidwolf or one can still be a jedi consular trying to save jedi masters and later trying to maintain the Republic, or one can still be a bounty hunter trying to win the great hunt and later become the hunted by the Republic, or one can be a sith inquisitor still trying to build power to take out a rival, etc etc etc etc etc. but the story beyond that - on each planet, and in the galaxy as a whole - is different. The only story I see that might need significant work would be the jedi knight because of the BBEG being the Sith Emperor

#3 there is no way to know. The closest thing to an answer is a post somewhere that states that existing/old companions are going to be major NPCs. Now reading between the lines some have suggested that means that while we will see them at some point, they may not be able to become a companion again. Again this is 100% speculation!

I guess we'll have to wait and see. A few comments I've seen have proclaimed this expansion to be SWTOR 2.0; a complete reboot of the game. Not sure if that's true or not, but I doubt they'll continue the eight classes in any way. I just hope they explain things well - what happens to the characters, the smugger, trooper etc - instead of just dropping them like a bad habit.

People have been clamoring for KOTOR 3 for over a decade. KotFE is an effort to give them what they want so they will shut up. If you're hoping for a complete FFXIV style revamp be prepared for disappointment. Edited by Bugattiboy

People have been clamoring for KOTOR 3 for over a decade. KotFE is an effort to give them what they want so they will shut up. If you're hoping for a complete FFXIV style revamp be prepared for disappointment.

I've been playing SWTOR sense beta; I've enjoyed it entirely. I was simply stating that yes; it kinda feels/looks as if they are just rebooting the game's story with the information we currently have. Just an observation. I agree also, that people have been screaming for KOTOR 3 and this is BIoware's answer to that. I'm just wondering where they'll take the original classes/companion stories or if this is more of a story overhaul/revamp. I highly doubt the gameplay will change dramatically if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are just going to jump back and forth in time using the Galaxy map on the ship.You are going to be called the ''Outlander'' just in the new 60-65 content. You are going to remain the ''old you'' in the old content.

In other words you are going to play ''in the future'' only on the new planets. It would be the same as simply going to Oricon or Makeb.

All already existing content will remain exactly the same.

Anything else is going to be extremely impractical and is gonna leave most of the fans unhappy/quitting.

Edited by Kaedusz