Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sin/Shadow 6.0 Changes

DarthSealth
09.20.2019 , 12:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
Low slash is not a stun. It is a mezz. The utility only adds a root effect after the mezz effect wears off.

If you do not know the difference between a stun, a mezz or what a root is, then you honestly should rethink about talking about gameplay at all. Not know the basics is a big red flag.

Also, i must say i do not remember at any time when deception/infiltration was the meta. We had Balance/madness (the dot spec) as meta in season 3, but never infiltration/deception.
Mezz is a stun that breaks with damage, A root is a stun or stopping action that resembles being rooted to the ground, a snare is a slow. Yes you're right I was suppose to say snare. Deception was the Meta because of double stance and varying other components that led to a huge nerf Deception mains cried about for months.

Yes I just realised is a mezz, however I am wrong indeed but I don't use Deception which I have stated and I am sure it was bugged because it never use to break.

Zurules
09.20.2019 , 07:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post
Mezz is a stun that breaks with damage, A root is a stun or stopping action that resembles being rooted to the ground, a snare is a slow. Yes you're right I was suppose to say snare. Deception was the Meta because of double stance and varying other components that led to a huge nerf Deception mains cried about for months.

Yes I just realised is a mezz, however I am wrong indeed but I don't use Deception which I have stated and I am sure it was bugged because it never use to break.
A root is not a stun as it does not stop you from attacking/using defensives. Playing deception/infiltration in tank stance was never meta and existed way before 5.0. I created the first version of that when we still had the points to put into trees (12/31/3). Turrican was another player who played it but used a more defensive version which was like (18/27/1) if i remember correctly.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

DarthSealth
09.20.2019 , 02:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
A root is not a stun as it does not stop you from attacking/using defensives. Playing deception/infiltration in tank stance was never meta and existed way before 5.0. I created the first version of that when we still had the points to put into trees (12/31/3). Turrican was another player who played it but used a more defensive version which was like (18/27/1) if i remember correctly.
Ok yeah I don't normally use the term root as it confuses me since I got told by a friend (He was from EVE) "A root spell immobilizes a target. The target is to be rooted." normally I use the terminology such as Snare/Slow, Hard Stun and Mezzes.

Nah not all that time ago, lol you know when they removed active stances and made them passive in 5.0 it caused Assassins to have a double passive stance, even some who had changed specs in 5.0 benefited from both specs passive stance.

Yeah you talking hybrids that was way before considering the removal of class trees in 3.0.

FlyXan
09.21.2019 , 01:38 AM | #24
The double stance bug was in the game for less than 2 months. And ever since it was fixed, Deception got nothing but nerfs (and mind you, it started with 5.0 with Phase Walk taken away). Even when Hatred got a small buff BW nerfed the class as a whole (remember when they changed Shapeless Spirit?).
And while sins were in a good position in S1 because of the bug, it was the time, when Arsenal mercs had 3 lives if they were bad and a lot more if they were good, while having insanely high dps and zero energy management. And there were the skank PTs and Juggs with insanely high AOE/cleave damage outputs (and quite often with their pocket sorc healers). We had to wait for a very long time for those to be nerfed. A lot longer than they had to for the double stance bugfix.

Btw, you started your list with phantom stride being better than leap. Care to elaborate? Because first of all, it has a much longer cd than leap, can't be used against entrenched snipers and is buggy af, you can consider yourself lucky if it doesn't send you to orbit or gets you stucked in some pebble on the ground - if it teleports you to your target, you can even open a bottle of champagne.

Also, noone cares that you've been playing fury for a long time, through fire and water. The past is irrelevant. What's important is the present and the future. And the thing is, fury maras have been one of the best classes for quite some time now and they still will be, while sins get only flashes from time to time and then nerfed because BW doesn't want dps sins to be the meta neither in PvE nor in PvP. And this is clearly reflected on the 6.0 sets, which are a bunch of horsecrap compared to other classes.