Torn between Mercenary or Sorcerer

Rotthgar

Hello,i am a new player and just subscribed ,been trying Marauder but seems melee does not suit me well so basically i made a sorc and a mercenary and cant decide which to level.

My friend is playing a merc so probably will do a lot of duo in pvp and pve.

Played Mercenary till around lvl 20 and sorc till around lvl 14 and i felt like merc is a bit more mobile in pvp, but saw on forums that sorc has super mobility also later.

Enjoyed both in pve so far.

How is sorc and merc at higher lvls in both pvp and pve?

Thanks!

You'll find the mobility increases when your sorc hits 16 (?) and gets force speed. (Or is 16 when you get bubble?) anywhos sorcerors force speed > mercenaries hydraulic overrides in terms of speed. However hydraulic overrides has its upside with being immune to physics and such.

PvP-wise, I honestly prefer my sorc. I feel that she has more survivability with force speed and overload and bubble and barrier. (Not to mention stun, slow and myriads of stuff with the right utilities). I usually play a healer so when the opposing team understands the significance of focusing me, I need to be able to survive long enough as my team peels them off of me. I dont feel as ... durable on my merc healer. Hydraulic overrides is nice but for me, it isnt enough to outdistance my attackers.

PvE-wise.. I'm not into the whole "I do this much damage per second!" but rather up to my mood of whether I want to shoot stuff or zap stuff. (I believe there's a thread floating around somewhere saying that the damage for sorcerors is currently on its way downhill Or has already hit the lowest compared to the dps of other classes.)

I may be a bit biased as my merc is my newest class and Ive been spoiled by the my sorceror and operative.

Edited by Abygale

wanna try pve- merc only. he have 600+ dps advantage. it really HUGE. merc no king ... merc GOD pve now.

nwz - sorc little better. merc do more dps/hps but sorc better survivability.

rwz - sorc better. sorc have better survivability and it rule.

Edited by Snean

PvE: Merc all the way, they are the kings of Ranged DPS, I'd reccomend playing Arsenal DPS for your first foray into Merc DPS, as Innovative Ordinance is a late bloomer, and is kinda hard to play.

Regular PvP: It's a tossup, depending on team composition and how incompetent the other team is, it can go either way.

Ranked PvP: Sorc all the way.