Autorun bug

rynnjarrin

For some odd reason, recently, playing my Sith Assassin.... at the beginning of a large battle... autorun will turn itself on. I have gotten rid of the hotkey bind and that didn't work. Im not sure what to do, but it's really annoying.

Anyone else have this issue and have a potential permanent fix?

-R

For some odd reason, recently, playing my Sith Assassin.... at the beginning of a large battle... autorun will turn itself on. I have gotten rid of the hotkey bind and that didn't work. Im not sure what to do, but it's really annoying.

Anyone else have this issue and have a potential permanent fix?

-R

do you have a non standard mouse with extra options on it by any chance? My mouse has the standard two, but also has two on the left side, one is for clicking auto run

It's probably not the mouse - I have one with no extra buttons(1) and every now and then (separated by several months, normally), I see a similar thing.

(1) I also have a nice HP Omen mouse that I can't use since it sends *something* that my antivirus chokes on and barfs up a lovely BSOD, even without the Omen Control Center software. Result: I use a carppy little light-weight Logitech with no frills, bells, whistles or caboodles, and no extra buttons either.

It's probably not the mouse - I have one with no extra buttons(1) and every now and then (separated by several months, normally), I see a similar thing.

(1) I also have a nice HP Omen mouse that I can't use since it sends *something* that my antivirus chokes on and barfs up a lovely BSOD, even without the Omen Control Center software. Result: I use a carppy little light-weight Logitech with no frills, bells, whistles or caboodles, and no extra buttons either.

lol. I've seen the 'Dead or Alive' bug, when you keep spinning right round, baby right round, like a record baby....ahem

But not the running one..lol, which was why I thought they might be hitting the button by accident...lol

No, it's a normal mouse with two buttons and a wheel.

Is there a 'button' under the wheel? Make sure auto-run isn't bound to "mouse3", etc.

I play a game where 'mouse3' is bound to "Toss the Flag" (a capture the flag game), sometimes randomly, when I swear I haven't touched the mousewheel, "flag tossed" will show up in chat anyway, even though I'm not carrying the flag. It's just a matter of what is sometimes referred to as 'finger trouble'. 😊

However, most likely it's just a glitch. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

If you hold left and right mouse buttons down at the same time you will start running. Probably not that but thought it worth a mention.

True, it could be a faulty mouse, I have had that happen before, not here, but on older games, with the old ball mouses (mice?)

I changed to a simple wired mouse. Hopefully that will fix it.

never even though to ask if it was wireless, although I don't know why it'd would matter, unless another wireless signal is messing with it...lol. Hopefully it'll sort it. At times it can be funny when you run off a cliff....but I can imagine it would get annoying when it happens to often.