unlocking your ship for your stronghold

balemin

Read above, the 'landing pads' on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas aren't big enough for the larger ships, only the large pads on Tattooine and Nar Shadaa are. You can put The smaller fighter decorations out there, however. (Although I'm a bit irritated that they're on that 'display' podium....thing, instead of in a 'landed' configuration.

When you look at your stronghold from the outside (both DK & Coruscant) the actual landing pad/ docking bay is below the patio outside. The problem is that the room is full of Large hooks & nothing larger. If we could actually change the layout & combine the hooks I could make room for a ship.

Lets try and keep this alive until they lower the prices for all stronghold items, such as 1 round room on Tat costing 900k but the same size room with a window on Coruscant for 40k.

Things only get done if people stand their ground! ;) It might have seemed a reasonable price beforehand, hopefully it isn't a cash grab *as far as the cartel side goes* but that would be naive thinking. Not too fussed about spending the ingame cash, but still would like it a bit cheaper as it's only a round room and is not worth 900k

• 2 weeks later...

I agree the cost for it is ridiculous.

I mean, I can accept the cost if you want to craft additional ship, but your own...

You can use the speeder you have in your collection as decoration, but can't park the frigging ship you own and use every day ? Come one, let's be serious here...

I agree the cost for it is ridiculous.

I mean, I can accept the cost if you want to craft additional ship, but your own...

You can use the speeder you have in your collection as decoration, but can't park the frigging ship you own and use every day ? Come one, let's be serious here...

I completely agree with this, Yeah if you want the shuttles you should have to make/buy them, since the player character would not own 2-3 shuttles, but your CLASS ship, you know, the one your superior's, etc. GAVE to you, as in you already own it, so why do i have to farm up some crazy stuff or pay out the nose to display something i already own? It feels like I'm paying around 2mil credits extra for a parking pass to land at my own home, which I already payed 2.5mil credits for btw, the main reason being the multiple landing pads.

This needs to be addressed in some way soon, it's pretty stupid, let us use the ship we own to decorate the home we just bought, or give the decoration as a reward for completing one of the acts, or at the very least lower the material cost a little bit, we already have to sink so much time and credits into the strongholds to unlock the whole thing you shouldn't make us have to repurchase something our character already owns.

One more thing, if you were going to make them this expensive they should at least be full size

• 3 months later...

Bioware, seriously, give us a break :p

Unless you want to limit this thing (that will be Standard in Star Citizen) to 1% of your player base, who will waste a ton of resources that could be better spent just to have a shrunken down, non-functional ship parked there?

You should design the landing pad so we can climb into our ship right there.

Our class ship should automatically unlock to appear there when we unlock the hangar pad.

For all I care, make the landing pad unlock more expensive.

Why be so chinzy ?

Save the Dark Project for something else, preferably not related to Strongholds, maybe Guild ships or some other thing.

Edited by MaeDelima

I just finally unlocked the portion of my Nar Shaddaa stronghold that has the ship hook on it last week. So I went to see what it would take to get a ship to put on it. Then realized that off the GTN it would cost more than unlocking the room did. And since I don't really do much raiding, etc. collecting the materials myself isn't really an option.

So it looks like I'll have an empty landing pad for the foreseeable future. :(

Really don't understand why there isn't a way to unlock your character's ship model for your SH in-game.

So it looks like I'll have an empty landing pad for the foreseeable future. :(

Just a fyi, you can go into the other tab in the deco list "layouts" i think, and change the ship hook into a bunch of smaller hooks, do that, buy a bunch of the smaller fighter ship decos, and set yourself up a nifty floating hangar....

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I just finally unlocked the portion of my Nar Shaddaa stronghold that has the ship hook on it last week. So I went to see what it would take to get a ship to put on it.

The ship hook is viewable (and editable) from the taxi landing pad where you first zone into Nar Shaddaa. You didn't actually need to pay for anything beyond the base NS stronghold to have used the ship hook/landing pad.

The NS Ship Pad can be converted into FIVE Centerpiece hooks.

FIVE:D

Do what I did, have 8 Centerpiece Decoration in your NS SH and enjoy the awesome:

x1 Gigantic Crystal (Cyan)

x1 Holocron of Ancient Masters

x2 Fusion Generator (Huge)

x1 Massive Anti-Air Turret

x1 Lance Squadron Command Unit

x2 Grand Statue of Revan

It's better this way:)

Just a fyi, you can go into the other tab in the deco list "layouts" i think, and change the ship hook into a bunch of smaller hooks, do that, buy a bunch of the smaller fighter ship decos, and set yourself up a nifty floating hangar....

That's a good tip. I didn't think about that one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Throwing my name in the hat here to ask, please, can we just have our own ship that WE ALREADY OWN to put on the landing pad on Tatooine??? (And other strongholds) Doing the math, I'll have to spend better than 500k credits just to be able to put the ship I ALREADY OWN on my landing pad.

This is ridiculous. If I wanted some other ship, then I'll be happy to craft all that and spend all that to do so. But I should be able to have my own ship there. Silly in the extreme, BioWare...

• 2 weeks later...

I still imagine someone trying to land their VERY LARGE starship on that VERY SMALL platform to go something along the lines of a Wile E. Coyote shenanigan.

Just looking at the obvious lack of structural suport under the platform when viewing the DK/Coro cinematic, i imagine:

A) Your giant ship smashes the large windows trying to touch down

B) The sheer amount of weight stacked on that unsupported ledge causing it to snap off like a kiddie pool diving board under a 400 lb ogre.

The imagery of your char popping its head out the top escape hatch holding up an umbrella and a "Help!" Sign as it plummets down is funny though... :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

• 1 month later...
So, to get these very expensive additional rooms for places that won't get used very often, you have to spend a Very large amount of Credits......

Is there supposed to be a room in it?

Mine just seems to sit there......:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
total utter waste of CC seriously

what ever class ship you own should automatically be unlocked there

its a useless no functioning area as it is so why not hook your player base up after they spent the cc on tat stronghold

and dropped funds on hanger

This.

• 8 months later...

This game is amazing and has influenced me to support it quite a bit.

In the first month I bought the $5 Digital pack (with rl-dollar$), then subscribed, then bought $5 in CC, then bought my birthday gift: $40 US worth of CC.

Then I noticed a couple of things threatening to swat my cash hand away, a little insulted.

First, I used CC to buy a second alternate outfit slot, and outfits. Only when I went to use one of the alternate slots I started moving over aromor from my inventory & noticed I had to spend more credits just to "buy the changes" -- for slots and armor I just already purchased at exorbitant prices! That is ugly. Buy the changes? I just did, twice. The new armor and the new slots. Will you start charging me every time I change my own clothes?

Getting back to the (similar) topic: unlocking your own ship at your already triple-unlockd pad at your expensive stronghold:

THEN I find out that after unlocking the insanely expensive path to my Nar landing pad I have to go through this expense (regardless of the additional crafting or missions time gauntlet) to park MY ship on MY newly unlocked-at-great-expense-already landing pad?! I haven't even wrapped my head around the storyline or lore excuse for this.

To the suit that added these things -- you're going to wind up losing ten times more of my money in the long run, than you're making for a quick, extra buck now. These surprise triple charges for subscribers and CC buyers are insulting. Kind of like how you can't rent the movies online right now all of a sudden (you must buy them at inflated prices; way to promote piracy).

Game-wise, this decreases interest in the goals which, (conversely) in your defense, I know must be ingeniously managed in the first place, without undervaluing your own programming and admin.; I know it's a balance but it's pretty clear when its strays into the abusive. I know this is SW but it brings to mind Golem wringing his hands at some desk down the hall, a long way off from the coders' & GM's desks.

There's enough in this game to fix this ship thing now. Awesome game, though, when it doesn't make you want to leave out of principle.

Edited by Divmontut

• 3 months later...