GTN Search too broad for dyes. Help

ThePlaidHermit

Someone who knows more can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never been able to find a way to narrow down a search like that. I always end up going through the pages to find what I want.

If your GTN interface isn't slow, you might try to match the icon to what you want when you quickly flip through pages. Black and black is a little easier to spot because it's got a platinum mark on the icon. Or sort by price. It's unfortunately one of the most expensive, too.

Black and Black is easy to spot. If you sort alphabetically, it will be at the top or near to it.

BTW, in case you're not aware, you can sort by columns by clicking on the column header. Just like you click on the price header to sort by price, you can click on the "name" column to sort alphabetically. Alphabetic sort makes searches easier. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

Ok thanks. I figured out most of what you guys said, but I could only find ones that were 1 billion credits...and was taken aback, thinking I must be sorting wrong. There were 60 + pages of results of black and blank dye and I was wondering if I missed something.

I checked later and it turns out someone was trying to take advantage of nobody else posting any black and black. Though, I figure if someone has 1Billion credits, they know that this dye isn't worth that much.

Later I found some up for around 100 million credits. Still crazy they're that price. Turns out I greatly overvalue credits in this game I guess. Owned game since founding but coming back for real now and learning a lot..

Thanks for the info!

Edited by ThePlaidHermit

The prices are so high partly because they are relatively expensive on the Cartel Market (full price = 1500 CC rather than 240 or 400 for more plebeian dyes) and in unduly high demand (too many Sithy edgelords(1)).

You can often get better results using e.g. Black/Deep Red, which is craftable using a schematic you buy from the <Reputation Vendor> on Oricon.

(1) I'm not saying *you* are one of them, just that they are very numerous.