Just returned, what is the logic behind not being able to get to Iokath via your ship

Fastdoze

I want to know what the logic is behind not being able to get to Iokath via your personal ship without having done the story?

FYI, I hate your dumb story and EVERY story in SWTOR without exception, so don't force me to play it to get to the planet and no that is not a reason not to play SWTOR despite being a story based mmo so please don't suggest it.

Question above, what is the logic here? Please don't say it's not a big deal because you may be able to cope but it is for me for a multitude of reasons so please don't assume.

This is something that I will need to check on when I am back at my gaming PC, but as far as I know the only requirement for accessing Iokath is that your character is level 70 and there is no storyline lock. (Apologies if I am incorrect there, but that is how it was announced when 5.2 was released, and all of my 70's have completed the storylines anyway).

At level 70, you should be able to access the mission "The Forgotten World" which starts the Iokath access mission line.

Assuming I am correct, that is the game mechanic element of why you are not allowed to access it. If you are looking for an in-game universe/roleplaying aspect, then the name of the quest gives the easiest explanation - Iokath and the hyperspace routes to it were forgotten, and were co-incidentally rediscovered just in time for you to take the mission when you get to level 70.

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I am not a Jedi who can wave my hand and say "this is the answer you are looking for".

I want to know what the logic is behind not being able to get to Iokath via your personal ship without having done the story?

FYI, I hate your dumb story and EVERY story in SWTOR without exception, so don't force me to play it to get to the planet and no that is not a reason not to play SWTOR despite being a story based mmo so please don't suggest it.

Question above, what is the logic here? Please don't say it's not a big deal because you may be able to cope but it is for me for a multitude of reasons so please don't assume.

Oh hey look, another fake account trying to make SWTOR look bad. How surprising.

I hardly put anything on the forums but if you actually paid attention this account is not fake and I have occasionally put things up on the forums over the years. I don't have to make BW or EA look bad,they do that themselves but that doesn't answer my question and what I said does apply, you cannot travel there on your personal ship without having done the story. If people actually stuck to answering questions, then there wouldn't be a problem so much here.

This is something that I will need to check on when I am back at my gaming PC, but as far as I know the only requirement for accessing Iokath is that your character is level 70 and there is no storyline lock. (Apologies if I am incorrect there, but that is how it was announced when 5.2 was released, and all of my 70's have completed the storylines anyway).

At level 70, you should be able to access the mission "The Forgotten World" which starts the Iokath access mission line.

Assuming I am correct, that is the game mechanic element of why you are not allowed to access it. If you are looking for an in-game universe/roleplaying aspect, then the name of the quest gives the easiest explanation - Iokath and the hyperspace routes to it were forgotten, and were co-incidentally rediscovered just in time for you to take the mission when you get to level 70.

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I am not a Jedi who can wave my hand and say "this is the answer you are looking for".

Thank you for your post, however you are not correct about accessing Iokath just by being level 70. Unfortunately, as I have found out it does not work that way.

Essentially, there is a mission series to unlock the dailies.. and that is also the price of admission to travel there.

If you hate story so much.. why do you want to go there? And even more relevant.. why are you playing this particular MMO? Story is this MMOs endearing and persistent aspect that so many players embrace. It seems so many other MMOs could server you better if you hate story.

I hate Iokath so I never bothered to do it with more then one character... so I'm not even sure if there is a Legacy unlock for travel to there, or if it has a prerequisite.

Edited by Andryah

I'm not even going to touch upon the subject of story with a 10-foot pole otherwise I'll be saltier than Carthage... but as far as Iokath is concerned all you need is to be level 70, go to your ship, access your mission console and grab "The Forgotten World" quest which will unlock the Iokath storyline, which after complete unlocks the dailies. It'll assume default choices in regards to KOTFE or KOTET, as well a spoilers of course, but since you don't seem to care about story this probably isn't an issue for you.

If you hate story so much.. why do you want to go there?

Probably someone grinding out crafting in preparation for the new crafted gear and wanting to get to the nodes, which, honestly, is a pain in the *** since they're so few and far between and surrounded by mobs it's not worth it.

And why do they make getting there a bunch of hoops to jump through?

To keep bots out.

So bots can't freely farm.

Edited by kodrac

Essentially, there is a mission series to unlock the dailies.. and that is also the price of admission to travel there.

If you hate story so much.. why do you want to go there? And even more relevant.. why are you playing this particular MMO? Story is this MMOs endearing and persistent aspect that so many players embrace. It seems so many other MMOs could server you better if you hate story.

I hate Iokath so I never bothered to do it with more then one character... so I'm not even sure if there is a Legacy unlock for travel to there, or if it has a prerequisite.

he probably wants to farm mats like other guy said. That's why I asked how to get to Iokath a couple months ago after returning and not knowing how to get mats for crafting.

And for the record I don't particularly enjoy the stories on this game especially the KOTET and KOTFE ones. The original stories and companions were mostly fine and I enjoyed the relationship you formed with the companions whereas the new chapters really seem simplistic and the companions are tossed on you like rain drops from the sky. I just didn't find the new stories fulfilling at all and they mostly annoyed me. :(

Any new daily areas that are introduced should not be gated behind a story unlock. Allow players to decide for themselves whether or not they want to be "spoiled' by running those dailies before doing the story, similar to how one can run heroics on any planet regardless of whether or not you've visited that planet yet in your class story. The only gating that should exist preventing running dailies is character level.

A daily area like Iokath, which is locked behind story content, is alt-unfriendly in requiring you to do a great deal of story content on each character you want to access it. Considering KotFE and KoTET are essentially the same exact story regardless of which class you run it on, there is very little incentive to revisit it with alts.

Any new daily areas that are introduced should not be gated behind a story unlock. Allow players to decide for themselves whether or not they want to be "spoiled' by running those dailies before doing the story, similar to how one can run heroics on any planet regardless of whether or not you've visited that planet yet in your class story. The only gating that should exist preventing running dailies is character level.

A daily area like Iokath, which is locked behind story content, is alt-unfriendly in requiring you to do a great deal of story content on each character you want to access it. Considering KotFE and KoTET are essentially the same exact story regardless of which class you run it on, there is very little incentive to revisit it with alts.

It deters bots... and it's not like it takes you a long time to do the story arc to unlock a daily area... but it's enough to deter many of the bot runners.

It deters bots... and it's not like it takes you a long time to do the story arc to unlock a daily area... but it's enough to deter many of the bot runners.

It takes a very long time to access compared to CZ or Black Hole, which can be run at level 50 regardless of where a player character is at regarding story progression.

Bots run 24/7 without respite. Some have been at it on for years now, at least on Yavin. Surely a better way to deter botting would be for the system to have some sort of flagging for further investigation by an actual person that triggers when nodes are being farmed for X amount of hours by a single toon or legacy without pause.

Gaiting daily areas behind story content does little in the way of throwing up roadblocks for RMTs, who have plenty of existing areas to farm with bots and who purchase credits at a steep discount from actual players. Iokath style gating ends up inconveniencing players more than it does the people behind the mat farming bots, who have no trouble acquiring billions of credits to sell.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco