Books that should be made into Animated Movies Thread!

BrandonSM

Here's a small list of my Animated Movie/Show Ideas. Feel free to list yours.

1. Shatterpoint into a movie- Maybe its just my Mace Windu Fanboyism, but I really think Matthew Stover did a awesome job with Shatterpoint. If you read the book and the way he did, it almost seems like it's made for a movie.

2. The Darth Bane Trilogy- Though its not on my Favorites list. I did enjoy it though. And this also seems... 'movie made'. Especially the fight scenes, the detail seems almost made for a movie.

3. X-Wing Series- Ah, man. Definately on my favorites list, this got me hooked on Space Battles when I never really enjoyed them.

See I would put Thrawn.. but I don't know... I just don't see it becoming a movie.

• 2 months later...
Shadows of the Empire - Anyone else remember how huge of a hit that book was? It spawned everything from toys to an instant-classic n64 video game, the only thing it didn't have was a movie. It would be fun to watch Vader and Xizor plot against eachother and I like the action too whether it was Luke and the swoop gang or the space station battle

the 3 Han Solo books, he's such a player in those books and sleeps with alot of chicks. Also there are a lot of Bounty hunter attacks including the Fett man himself, and the ending is a great intro to Ep4 a New Hope.. Edited by Henu

Speaking of bounty hunters...

'Tales of the Bounty Hunters' would be a fun animated movie too, although it would have to be like the Animatrix where its a bunch of different short stories

In that book we see IG-88 coming to 'life' and wrecking havoc, we get to see why Dengar hates Han Solo , an old Fett vs old Solo standoff, and stories for the rest of the bounty hunters seen in that cool Empire Strikes Back scene...man I gotta revisit that book its been a while :o

Edited by Jakain

See I would put Thrawn.. but I don't know... I just don't see it becoming a movie.

I feel the same exact way and I love those books. It just doesn't feel like it would adapt well for a movie, it would be very slow.

But I'm kinda weird, I like a lot of visual stunning stuff and action in my movies but I think it's boring as hell in books and prefer diving more into the characters.

Thrawn Trilogy - Great plot, great characters, but just simply wouldn't be as good for a movie.

Then again, you never know, with the right director it could be epic - The battles could be more awesome.

I'd like to see Madhouse make an anime adaptation of "I, Jedi".

CGI instead of Anime. I'd rather not have an Asian company get a hold of I, Jedi. Not for any prejudice reasons or anything, anime just tends to suck ***.

I feel the same exact way and I love those books. It just doesn't feel like it would adapt well for a movie, it would be very slow.

But I'm kinda weird, I like a lot of visual stunning stuff and action in my movies but I think it's boring as hell in books and prefer diving more into the characters.

Thrawn Trilogy - Great plot, great characters, but just simply wouldn't be as good for a movie.

Then again, you never know, with the right director it could be epic - The battles could be more awesome.

Hollywood feels the same way about Zhan... I recall seeing him mention on his website or his facebook page that he's never even had offers for the Film rights to any of his non star wars books (Pick up his Cobra Series... Great Read!!)

It just seems to be his writing style does not translate into film, but sure makes for great books.

Hollywood feels the same way about Zhan... I recall seeing him mention on his website or his facebook page that he's never even had offers for the Film rights to any of his non star wars books (Pick up his Cobra Series... Great Read!!)

It just seems to be his writing style does not translate into film, but sure makes for great books.

I don't have a problem with that. Hollywood tends to butcher the crap out of book to movie adaptions.

• 4 weeks later...
Shadows of the Empire - Anyone else remember how huge of a hit that book was? It spawned everything from toys to an instant-classic n64 video game, the only thing it didn't have was a movie. It would be fun to watch Vader and Xizor plot against eachother and I like the action too whether it was Luke and the swoop gang or the space station battle

It kinda reads like you think the book was a huge hit which led to the game, comics, toys, soundtrack, etc, which may not have been your intent... for purposes of clarification, all of that AND the book hit around the same time. It was all planned as a 'movie without a movie' and was somewhat testing the waters for the Prequels and the impending merchandise-bonanza it promised. The massive multimedia nature of Shadows is part of the reason the book was so successful. Also, unlike the post-ROTJ successes of the Thrawn Trilogy and the like, Shadows not only featured the OT heroes (minus Han) but VADER too. That probably played a part in its success, too. Personally I felt it was all too much, way too much happening in the months between ESB and ROTJ, and I didn't like how they conveniently found a replacement-Han (aside from Lando) in Dash Rendar, or really how the bounty hunter disguises came about, or that Luke was involved somewhat in the mission that actually netted the Death Star plans. But I dug the design of the Coruscant Guards, and Luke & Lando disguising themselves as a pair echoing Luke & Han on the first Death Star. I should re-read it, it's been awhile so time has probably colored my perceptions a bit.

Animated Movie umm none you can't beat the real thing, I would love to see more star wars films but not Animated

You can come close, though... TCW's had some outstanding Star Wars. With a better budget behind 'em, SW animated films based on existing EU stories could be spectacular.

CG, traditional, ultra-stylized, it depends on the story... anime-style (which itself encompasses a WIDE array of styles), DCAU-style, Clone Wars Microseries-style, lots of other styles, would work really well. All the ships would no doubt be CG, and it might work better if droids like R2 and 3PO were as well, at least.

The Thrawn Trilogy roughly follows the framework of the OT films (starting with a Star Destroyer, usually ending with characters gathered together or staring off into space, etc) but maybe it'd work better as a limited series ala Avatar: The Last Airbender, PLANNED to only last a certain amount of time. A three-season series, with each season covering one of the books of the trilogy. That might be overkill, though...

I wouldn't mind some films for Rogue Squadron. Perhaps an animated series, which could draw from the comics as well as the novels.

The Han Solo Adventures could be fun, as well as the Han Solo Trilogy.

If Shatterpoint was made, then you could go ahead and make Luke Skywalker & the Shadows of Mindor! Well you could do the latter without Shatterpoint, there'd just be no developed backstory for Nick Rostu and Kar Vastor.