Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well we asked for it, and they gave it to us.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Well we asked for it, and they gave it to us.

DreadtechSavant
03.19.2014 , 06:50 PM | #1
Legacy Stronghold Storage – Unlock access to a new type of storage that is shared across your entire Legacy!

This is part of the new Galactic Stronghold expansion. Just gotta say Thank you. Me happy

Starglitter
03.20.2014 , 09:09 AM | #2
Do you have a link to an official statement of this feature, and a description of what this feature actually is supposed to do, and when is this supposed to be available?

I would be willing to spend real money for it! If it is what we are thinking it is...

Sue

Never_Hesitate
03.20.2014 , 09:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Starglitter View Post
Do you have a link to an official statement of this feature, and a description of what this feature actually is supposed to do, and when is this supposed to be available?

I would be willing to spend real money for it! If it is what we are thinking it is...

Sue
Dulfy is official in the world of SWTOR
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

GatorAndy
03.20.2014 , 11:22 AM | #4

Sue
They haven't released any details/specifics on how the legacy storage can be used yet. But it will be coming in August with the official release of the Galactic Strongholds digital expansion. Dulfy's info posted by previous person is basically copy/pasted from the SWTOR site here: http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds

However, Dulfy's includes the initial round of dev followup forum posts when this news broke yesterday.

anonnn
03.20.2014 , 12:31 PM | #5
I've been keeping the following thread updated with new information on Galactic Strongholds, with observations, information, links to the announcements / sneak-peek-videos, and a wish list:
____________Anyone else EXCITED about Player Housing?
There haven't been any details about Legacy Stronghold Storage, other than that it's available with the official launch of Galactic Strongholds in August 2014 (Guild Flagships also arrive at the official launch).
Boring conversation anyway.
Think twice. . . Think again.
Nullius in verba. . .

Starglitter
03.20.2014 , 12:48 PM | #6
Mmm...

I want to really have a good understanding of how the Legacy Stronghold Storage will work, this is critical to me.

Will I only be able to place legacy bound gear only, or I can place anything in it such as bound gear thus allowing me to buy stuff for other alts from vendors which would automaticlaly bind to the buyer upon receipt and then transfer them through the Storage system (think of buying ultimate gear pieces, relics, etc from the vendor)?

My concern is that 'I" may be havng very high and unrealistic expectations of what this storage actually is. I much rather be dissapointed now! that have 3 months of gorowing expectations and then be disappointed.

Sue

GatorAndy
03.20.2014 , 12:56 PM | #7
Mmm...

I want to really have a good understanding of how the Legacy Stronghold Storage will work, this is critical to me.

Will I only be able to place legacy bound gear only, or I can place anything in it such as bound gear thus allowing me to buy stuff for other alts from vendors which would automaticlaly bind to the buyer upon receipt and then transfer them through the Storage system (think of buying ultimate gear pieces, relics, etc from the vendor)?

My concern is that 'I" may be havng very high and unrealistic expectations of what this storage actually is. I much rather be dissapointed now! that have 3 months of gorowing expectations and then be disappointed.

Sue
Yeah, they simply stated that more information would be coming soon on it. All that we know is what was on the page:

Quote:
Legacy Stronghold Storage – Unlock access to a new type of storage that is shared across your entire Legacy
I doubt that they will change the current binding system. I expect that non-bound items and legacy-bound items will be all that be will be able to be placed in there. Basically, anything we can mail to alts currently.

If this simply means I can store all my crafting supplies in a single location and any of my characters can draw from them automatically when crafting (as character storage does now) I will be happy. If I can set it up so gathered materials in the field and through missions automatically go there, that would be even better. I may even adopt a habit of leaving any legacy gear with mods in the bank for usage by any alts that can use it, so I don't have to jump back and forth to mail it on demand. (especially the legacy gear I use for my companions at 55, i.e. shared Treek gear)