Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vette and the Collar: On or Off Get Different Results/Quests?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vette and the Collar: On or Off Get Different Results/Quests?

leegrisham
01.24.2014 , 10:43 AM | #41
This thread is a bit off topic now from the opening post but

I'd venture a guess that the options are all slated as they are because they want to mirror the story of Darth Malgus with the warrior story line. If you've read the Malgus book (Deceived) it's pretty obvious that the sith warrior and vette are mirrored to malgus / Eleena Daru (his slave) [also seen with him in the deceived trailer on the game, she is also twilek]

Skankswtor
01.27.2020 , 04:58 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post
Because it is. If you don't take the collar off, you simply do not deserve the rest of her story. Learn to live with it. Your character isn't the one who is the sadist, it is YOU the player who is.
God. No, the player isn't a sadist, it's the character that i roleplay who is, it's quite different. I have two warriors actually, a light one that i will marry Vette with, and a complete ******e who will remove her the collar at the very last time just to be able to avance in her storyline and make her miserable in other ways. But yeah, having a slave story part would have been nice, but like someone pointed it out, Bioware just forces you to go the way they wanted for this partner. But, well the game is written well enough for me to accept that.

SteveTheCynic
01.27.2020 , 12:04 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Skankswtor View Post
Bioware just forces you
No, they don't. BioWare doesn't have a staff of large square(1) goons with baseball bats and Uzis that they send round to menace us until we do it.

Of course we can't get the cheeves for completing the story if we don't take off the collar, but you only have to do that once, and all subsequent Warriors that you create can leave her with it, or even just plain never talk to her at all.

(1) As wide as they are tall. That kind of square goon, although they probably aren't very hip.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language