How's Sorc doing overall?

Sideblaze

Coming back after a long time away, we're talking since before KOTFE.

I played my agents and marauder to death back then, so I'm going for something new. How is Sorc right now? I don't remember them being in too good of a place when I last played, but I always loved them from a thematic standpoint.

"Ok" easy to play, hard to master. Plays average if your just casual, very strong with a lot of skill. great aoe potential, poor single target, but oddly excels at duels (or did in 5.x) and performs poor under 2-3 focus fire (second hand knowledge. in arenas you can triple tunnel a sorc and even with heals [or even guard] they break relatively quickly Edited by Seterade

"Ok" easy to play, hard to master. Plays average if your just casual, very strong with a lot of skill. great aoe potential, poor single target, but oddly excels at duels (or did in 5.x) and performs poor under 2-3 focus fire (second hand knowledge. in arenas you can triple tunnel a sorc and even with heals [or even guard] they break relatively quickly

I have a lot less time for alts now, so I'm probably going to pour everything in this character, so the idea of standing out by mastering the class appeals to me. You could always spot a good operative over a bad one fairly easily before. :)

Bad single target, though? Figured stormwatch and that one set bonus would have patched that hole substantially, atleast burstwise.

Also, curious. What are the utilities Sorcs should be using? Moving with thunderous blast is a given, but besides that and the cloud mind one, I'm lost.

Edited by Sideblaze

don't know the names but a few consensus ones are "50% speed boost from dark heal" "10%more healing from your own heals" "cloud mind 25% damage reduction" "30% more heal from unnatural preservation(comes with pull gets 25% DR to target)" "force speed breaks roots and slows and grants immunity to"

the rest are kind of debatable. when I played lightning sorc I took the enhanced force speed utility/100% speed up during polarity shift... but that's uncommon. I was a sin main so I was really thrown off by 20 sec force speed cd. other ones can be moving thundering blast, 30% DR when stunned, force barrier stun and god bubble bastion heals. also insta whirlwind and gaulanting cleanse..... GC is an odd one. basically every 30 seconds you get an insta cast after using cleanse, which in theory provide a whirlwind every other cleanse and a TB every other cleanse.

"Ok" easy to play, hard to master. Plays average if your just casual, very strong with a lot of skill. great aoe potential, poor single target, but oddly excels at duels (or did in 5.x) and performs poor under 2-3 focus fire (second hand knowledge. in arenas you can triple tunnel a sorc and even with heals [or even guard] they break relatively quickly

Good, post, just disagree with the dual aspect. Unless you are spending 10 mins wearing down your opponents health (that’s assuming they can’t heal them selves or stealth out the heal), then they aren’t good at duals. It’s either a stale mate because they have strong survivabilty in 1v1 or it’s a loss.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Coming back after a long time away, we're talking since before KOTFE.

I played my agents and marauder to death back then, so I'm going for something new. How is Sorc right now? I don't remember them being in too good of a place when I last played, but I always loved them from a thematic standpoint.

sorc is very strong right now , so if you going to play this class its a fotm

poor single target

Bad single target, though?

*cough*

http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard/all/all/6000000/all/live/0/

sorc is very strong right now

Lightning] sorc? Sure. But Madness is totally unviable now and Corruption healing...well, our effectiveness in 6.0 is around 50% lower than in 5.9.

Edited by EmperorRus

Good, post, just disagree with the dual aspect... they aren’t good at duals.

*duels

But also. This is just wrong. Ling sorc was extremely strong in duels (at least in 5.0). It was better than every single class (except operative), and even could beat mediocre operatives. Madness did better than some classes and worse against others because of it's unique dueling elements, but was still better than the average dueling classes.

In the totality of the class, there was no matchup a sorc couldn't win. Ultimately the dueling hierarchy was: operative>ling sorc>merc>sniper>all the irrelevant classes.

Edited by septru

I can't speak for Sorc heals personally, from what I've heard from Sorc Healers is that they're not even close to being the dominant force they were in 5.0. Meta shifting to Merc Heals.

When it comes to DPS, Madness sorc still has some of the best cleave potential, however they are IMO the squishiest class in the game....at least when it comes to damage mitigation, in particular, white damage. Can you make Madness work? With proper positioning and kiting....sure, any ranged class can be pulled off, but it's the inferior DPS sorc spec.

Lightning Sorc on the other hand, is IMO the strongest spec in 6.0*. Their tacticals and set bonuses and new ability synergize the best so far out of all the classes. They can do passable single-target burst, but unlike most burst specs, do their best damage in cleave. The damage mitigation is still there. There's a statement which can be said that Lightning Sorcs break PVP.....literally...the game engine can't handle chain lightning spam. The only aspect of Lightning Sorcs and just DPS Sorcs in general that are 'weak' in 6.0 are their offheals...Lethality Operatives offer way better offheals.

*Not taking into account class-stacking, Deception Sins/Concealment Ops perform much better when paired with another player of the same class.

Lightning Sorc on the other hand, is IMO the strongest spec in 6.0*.

*Not taking into account class-stacking, Deception Sins/Concealment Ops perform much better when paired with another player of the same class.

People's opinions will vary, but I think this is silly. Yes, stacking stealth classes make them exponentially stronger, but individual sins and ops are still leagues better than sorcs right now. The burst that they can generate with such frequency combined with the utility of stealth cannot be matched by a sorc. Maybe a bit more sustained damage for sorcs? Sure, that can be more valuable in some scenarios, but from what I've seen so far, sins and ops are quite far ahead overall.

Remember that for effective cleave, you have to take a certain tactical and make use of the new ability, and effective single target you have to use a different tactical and not use the new ability, so it's not like you can do both at once. The damage is quite good, and you can still put out a decent amount under pressure, but you don't get the crazy numbers unless you're 100% freecasting. And if that's the case, the other team was most likely bad to begin with.

Edited by JediMasterAlex