Remove character Booster from character creation

Ashlockheart

Hello. I hope you all are having a great day.

So I have been playing this game for years, and I love it so much that I delete characters just to make new ones so I can play through all the story's again. That is how much of a impact you have on me. I understand why you all did the updates to the game, and why you added character boosters. How ever I have be honest. You should keep the boosters away from the character creation screen because all of the story's are worth playing through from level 1 to 70. I hate meeting people who have not played through the whole game from 1 to 70, and did all the missions because I know those players missed out on some amazing story's, or even funny character's. I understand why the boost is there, but I really feel you hurt your own game in the long run because you want to keep players up to date on the current story, but they miss out on so many things when they skip things. I am not saying to remove the boosters from the game, I am just saying to move them away from character creation because you should want those players to experience everything in the game, and not just the current story.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my thoughts.

May the force be with you.

I understand why you all did the updates to the game, and why you added character boosters. How ever I have be honest. You should keep the boosters away from the character creation screen because all of the story's are worth playing through from level 1 to 70. I hate meeting people who have not played through the whole game from 1 to 70, and did all the missions because I know those players missed out on some amazing story's, or even funny character's.

I would describe that as their loss, but it is their option to take that loss. Don't impose on them your ideas of how they should play.

And where, exactly, would you put the boosters if *not* on the selection screen?

I understand why the boost is there, but I really feel you hurt your own game in the long run because you want to keep players up to date on the current story,

Please explain why it hurts the game.

but they miss out on so many things when they skip things.

That's those players' loss, then. And nothing stops them creating new characters later.

I am not saying to remove the boosters from the game, I am just saying to move them away from character creation because you should want those players to experience everything in the game, and not just the current story.

Again, where would you put them if *not* on the character selection screen (they aren't *on* the creation screen, but instead they allow you to select which creation screen you want).

Hello. I hope you all are having a great day.

So I have been playing this game for years, and I love it so much that I delete characters just to make new ones so I can play through all the story's again. That is how much of a impact you have on me. I understand why you all did the updates to the game, and why you added character boosters. How ever I have be honest. You should keep the boosters away from the character creation screen because all of the story's are worth playing through from level 1 to 70. I hate meeting people who have not played through the whole game from 1 to 70, and did all the missions because I know those players missed out on some amazing story's, or even funny character's. I understand why the boost is there, but I really feel you hurt your own game in the long run because you want to keep players up to date on the current story, but they miss out on so many things when they skip things. I am not saying to remove the boosters from the game, I am just saying to move them away from character creation because you should want those players to experience everything in the game, and not just the current story.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my thoughts.

May the force be with you.

I would vote for removing character boosters and master's datacrons from so that you can't use them unless you already played that class on either faction. Now we have people who have zero clue on how to play their toon, and they actually hurt the group content.

However, as someone who has leveled from 1 to 75 all classes, 5-20 times each class/faction, I don't think I'm gonna "miss" anything if I use a booster. If I just want to make a clone of some class, how does hurt anyone?

Dear OP: Thank you for your opinion.

I disagree.

With 160+ characters across 5 accounts, if I want to create an instant high-level toon, that's my prerogative to do so, and long-term players who've plowed through every class story, hit every flashpoint and operation multiple times, aren't taking anything away from you by creating instant level 70's. They're not sitting there, top of the leveling heap, not knowing what they're doing.

Additionally, new players might want to know where the end-game goes before taking the final plunge and subscribing. This game could really use more long-term players right now. I'd rather see such players subscribe and stumble through their class (because they can learn their class at 70 as easily at 1) than have them think the game is meh after 5 minutes of killing flesh raiders in the Gnarls and never log on again.

So nay.

I'm in favor of keeping level-boosted characters, however the game may offer them.

Edited by xordevoreaux