The basis (lore) of Force Healing was revealed recently.

Angedechu

Before SW mmos, Force Healing (Sith or Jedi) was present, but not overly explained.

The latest book, ''Into the Void'' explains the basis of the procedure, and it's worth nothing when you get a heal from a random dude in a FP.

See, Force Healing is apparently related to the extremely gnarly and disturbing (as in ''good anime'' disturbing) Force Alchemy.

Not Sith Alchemy : Force Alchemy.

(Just to summarize here, ''Into the Void'', a part of the Dawn of the Jedi franchise, occurs in -25 000, at a time where there are no Jedi and Sith, but Je'dais. IE, the only order of Force users use both Light and Dark powers. It's worth nothing that the Jedis depicted in ''into the Void'' are kinda like the space nazis that Karen Traviss tried to push years ago : they are extremely callous, enjoy bouts of Force torture of their ennemies, blink no eye when their actions cause thousand of civilians deaths....and that's the point, they are not Sith)

Force Alchemy, showing a good grasp of the concept, involve the Je'dais creating an homunculus, an animus, IE to use the Force to create a living assemblage of flesh in their image. (1) And, in the novel, the main character use the animus to heal herself-she use it as a living battery, siphonning it with dark side powers to heal herself up. The novel flat out states that this is good for Je'dais to pratice their Healing talents.

(1)This, of course, give a whole new twist to the Darth Plageuis story. It also pretty much out spell out in crimson letters that the rather despicable main characters or her brother are in fact animus.

Note : no, this is not a fanfiction. This is official lore from an official book, ''Into the Void''.

Edited by Angedechu

I thought they touched on this in Medstar I: Battle Surgeons and Medstar II: Jedi Healer. The books with Barriss Offee in them. It's been a while since I have read them so I can't be sure, but I thought they went into some sort of explanation.

Before SW mmos, Force Healing (Sith or Jedi) was present, but not overly explained.

The latest book, ''Into the Void'' explains the basis of the procedure, and it's worth nothing when you get a heal from a random dude in a FP.

See, Force Healing is apparently related to the extremely gnarly and disturbing (as in ''good anime'' disturbing) Force Alchemy.

(Just to summarize here, ''Into the Void'', a part of the Dawn of the Jedi franchise, occurs in -25 000, at a time where there are no Jedi and Sith, but Je'dais. IE, the only order of Force users use both Light and Dark powers. It's worth nothing that the Jedis depicted in ''into the Void'' are kinda like the space nazis that Karen Traviss tried to push years ago : they are extremely callous, enjoy bouts of Force torture of their ennemies, blink no eye when their actions cause thousand of civilians deaths....and that's the point, they are not Sith)

Force Alchemy, showing a good grasp of the concept, involve the Je'dais creating an homunculus, an animus, IE to use the Force to create a living assemblage of flesh in their image. (1) And, in the novel, the main character use the animus to heal herself-she use it as a living battery, siphonning it with dark side powers to heal herself up. The novel flat out states that this is good for Je'dais to pratice their Healing talents.

(1)This, of course, give a whole new twist to the Darth Plageuis story. It also pretty much out spell out in crimson letters that the rather despicable main characters or her brother are in fact animus.

Note : no, this is not a fanfiction. This is official lore from an official book, ''Into the Void''.

Translation for the non-uber Star Wars fans out there....

Magic!

not all force healing is the exact same thing. and the ability to use the force to instantly heal massive wounds is... rare in the actual canon.

The book flat out states that the alchemy is the key to healing process.

The novel flat out states that this is good for Je'dais to pratice their Healing talents.

I have read this book and the novel does not say that it is good for the Je'daii it actually says that it is frowned upon and she has to keep her practice to herself and her master. So while they are not condemned for it they are also not encouraged to practice it. What she did to save her life in the end, which was force alchemy, would have been frowned upon. They were concerned that it would unbalance the force user if it was indulged in too much.

But you are right in that there were no Sith or Jedi there was only balance within the force.

well let's see...you say yourself..it's at a time when there are NO Sith or Jedi...

it's called Force Alchemy

They do whatever they want..act stupid..callous..etc.

you're stretching and puting "fact" out there falsely

Did it ever cross your mind that when the Je'dai (whatever) split into Jedi and Sith that "Force Alchemy" became the basis for "Sith Alchemy" so it's actually the origin for a Sorc's heals?

Sage heals are entirely different.....much like Jedi (in the books since that's what YOU'RE using) have a "force lightning" ability...called "Electric Judgement" that's green instead of blue/purple....it's much like that.

Sorc (Sith) heals are based off the old "force alchemy" which is now known as "Sith Alchemy"

Sage (Jedi) heals are based off something else..but likely tied (in a good way) to life via force..and has NOTHING to do with "Force Alchemy" (now Sith Alchemy)

but good job using shallow logic to twist it in a false way that wasn't thought out much at all

but thanks for playing.

next.

Edited by Suromir

The book flat out states that the alchemy is the key to healing process.

yah using "Force Alchemy" which obviously became the basis for "Sith Alchemy" when they split into two factions (Jedi/Sith) like I said.

Again..Sage healing is entirely different..obviously..since Jedi wouldn't tap into the darkside to do something (non-emo jedi anyway)

put more thought into it before you post something like this again, mmmmkay

shallow and bad association is both shallow..and bad

Alchemy is one of the healing processes, and at that time the Je'Daii used whatever was available to them, and Alchemy was in fact used rarely and one needed to be skilled to utilize it in the first place. Even before the actual Jedi such methods were considered deplorable. The novel also states that Alchemy is based on the dark side of the force (Bogan aspect, negative emotions) and is, of course, the basis for later Sith Alchemy which dwells into other aspects of the dark side of the force, such as resurrection and creation of twisted life (sithspawns).

But it is interesting that in Darth Bane novels it is repeatedly stated that the dark side cannot heal, only wound.

I wrote a book where the original force users, before the Jedi and Sith split were named Xonn. They used a balance of both dark and light side force.

I don't know what made me think I could write a book. Missions, sure....dialog, you bet. Books....nope.

People interprete facts towards how they like them to be.

The original post, albeit fairly factual, still sounds subjective and biased to me - very subtle, although.

To me, the TL;DR of the original post reads to me like this :

"Dark Force is the *real* Force !

Dark Force users were the right ones !"

I'm not surprised that this original post was written by someone naming himself "Angedechu".

To me, this is yet another sign of the "dark & gritty" fashion in gaming/media taking place.

Hmm, I always assumed force healing worked basically like kolto and bacta, forcing the tissue to regenerate itself naturally at much faster speed than humanly possible.

I always assumed this as well. Super-charging the cells' own functions with force, allowing rapid regeneration. Naturally, this would take its toll on any regular recipient, as any given cell in your body divides a limited number of times before expiring. Continuous use of such techniques would not be advised to say the least. But for the duration of a raid--yeah you're okay. Kill some bad guys. :p

not all force healing is the exact same thing. and the ability to use the force to instantly heal massive wounds is... rare in the actual canon.

Yup, or else the clone wars and GCW would've ended differently... ;)