Stuck on chapter IX

bombaron

Hello,

I am stuck with killing Vaylins spirit on chapter IX, is there any way to defeat her easily or maybe you guys can help? I am a level 70 sith assassin and i released that guy from the holocron, ive tried to change that by replaying the chapter, but still dont know if that works.

I would really appreciate it if i can be helped!

Edited by bombaron
Typo

Stay inside her purple circle (not hard when you're melee) and don't attack her if you go outside it. When it turns red and gets super bigger, Force Speed out of it. You can heal yourself with the little green circles wandering around too so head for those when you see them.

And if you can kick her into the healing circles they will hurt her massively

Kick or kite, and from what I've seen it is damage equal to 20-25% of her max health.

(Hint: if you don't need to use a circle to heal yourself while waiting for her to finish the big-red-circle thing, leave it, and get so it's between you and her.)

For the OP: the big-red-circle thing is when she is casting a big huge enormous knock-back that will easily throw you completely off the island. If it happens to knock you into a wall or a rock, you'll be stunned instead. Force Speed is NOT needed, otherwise e.g. Commandos would be severely disadvantaged. You can run out of it normally. (The other clue she's doing this is that she curls into a ball, floats in the air, and stops attacking you. Run the ---- away.)

She may, under some condition that I'm not entirely clear on, use an ability called Force Slam. You will be stunned, and she will repeatedly throw you up in the air and slam you into the ground for massive damage. Use your stun breaker ability ("Purges incapacitating effects" or similar) to escape from this. DO NOT use this ability for any other kind of stun during this fight. (There are only two stuns she can do, anyway: Force Slam and the knock-back, and you should evade that by running away.)

I think ill stop my sub as i just cant get past, i keep dying and dying i am raging as hell i even broke my keyboard, isnt there a way to like buy something that let you skip that part or something? I really hate it and it ruins the game. For me as i want to experience the end of the story of kotet but its too hard

you can submit a ticket and see if they will move you past it.

Have you considered inviting someone to help you to kill her ? you dont have to solo this content

What he said. If you are having that much trouble invite a friend into the chapter with you. It will only advance for you but you don't have to solo it.

Vaylin does a big channel from time to time. You see her casting for seconds long and it creates a purple aura around her that is quite big. Run out of it right away.

The rest of the time she has a small circle around her. Do not damage her outside this or the damage reflects back to you. When you select her you can see the distance to target. It should be less than 4 meters. Of course as soon as she does the big channel and the purple aura comes again...run away from her and stop dps till the purple aura is gone and you go back to her.

Make sure you have a companion that is a healer and use the healing circles to heal yourself or push Vaylin into for extra damage. The companion should keep you alive. Best thing is to have your companion at level 20+ affection because their heals are better when they have higher affection.

The most important things though are running outside the purple aura and only dps her when you are standing basically on top of her. Do not shoot lightning at her from a distance for example and as soon as she starts the channel and the aura is there, stop attacking and run away from her as far as you can right away. Don't think you have time, just run and wait for the explosion. Then run back at her and dps her once you are on top of her again.

The fight is 100 times easier when you do this.

Best of luck.

Edited by Tsillah

I tried contacting BW and just got my answer:

I hope this reaches you well.

Sadly we are unable to progress it for you, the only instance that we are allowed is when the story mission is stuck due to some game issues/bug. I understand the frustration, but you can try again after gaining better gears or as you mentioned you checked for tips online, you can also watch how others defeated her to get a better idea/shot the next time you fight her.

I tried this all and also used to tips and tricks of this thread but it still didnt work, i just dont have enough health, about 70k, i use revans chest and leg piece

I am a sith assassins btw, and i am beginning to be so desperate i will ask people if they want to defeat her on my account or i will stop playing if its stolen, i havent put really much money in the game

Edited by bombaron

i just dont have enough health, about 70k, i use revans chest and leg piece

First of all, you need to reach lvl 70, then do the galactic command missions, as you progress you get ranks and crates, some might contain green/orange/ purple armor pieces. If you get all ( lets say ) orange items, you should have around 120 k HP, my JC has full orange armor/weapon/earpiece/implants and killed Vaylin relatively easy.

I hope this reaches you well.

Sadly we are unable to progress it for you, the only instance that we are allowed is when the story mission is stuck due to some game issues/bug. I understand the frustration, but you can try again after gaining better gears or as you mentioned you checked for tips online, you can also watch how others defeated her to get a better idea/shot the next time you fight her.

I tried this all and also used to tips and tricks of this thread but it still didnt work, i just dont have enough health, about 70k, i use revans chest and leg piece

I am a sith assassins btw, and i am beginning to be so desperate i will ask people if they want to defeat her on my account or i will stop playing if its stolen, i havent put really much money in the game

What server are you on? If you are on Ebon Hawk, send Ror'jha a message and I come help you. Just make sure you mention you are having problems with Valiyn and need help but let me know when you are on. I normally play Republic.

Edited by casirabit

What server are you on? If you are on Ebon Hawk, send Ror'jha a message and I come help you. Just make sure you mention you are having problems with Valiyn and need help but let me know when you are on. I normally play Republic.

I play on jedi covenant, as a sith assassins

70k should be enough. If you're using dropped gear, it's notorious for having too much health and not enough damage. Get yourself some modifiable gear and have some armor/mods/enhancements made or buy them. I beat her in 208s. I doubt I had more than 70k HP but it was optimized for mastery/power/crit. You can get cheap blue 220s crafted. Then just use all your tools - interrupts, stuns, movement and patience.

First of all, you need to reach lvl 70, then do the galactic command missions, as you progress you get ranks and crates, some might contain green/orange/ purple armor pieces. If you get all ( lets say ) orange items, you should have around 120 k HP, my JC has full orange armor/weapon/earpiece/implants and killed Vaylin relatively easy.

it may not matter if you are really squishy even with high rated gear, a few good hits from vaylin without healing and you are seeing valkorion's beard. just make it easy on yourself and fall to the darkness.. of the green blob and use it to heal or to hurt vaylin.

Hello,

I am stuck with killing Vaylins spirit on chapter IX, is there any way to defeat her easily or maybe you guys can help? I am a level 70 sith assassin and i released that guy from the holocron, ive tried to change that by replaying the chapter, but still dont know if that works.

I would really appreciate it if i can be helped!

This isn't an sith assassin in the video.. But the basic mechanics for you would be the same. Give it a watch.

• 1 year later...
Now it's even worse. The big red circle doesn't appear at all, only her burst -out. You could stay outside of the big red circle. But what to do when it's not even there ? The purple circle is. OK. But the green healing circles have been reduced to two. Out of about fifty times when my Jedi counsellor died in the fight, only once there appeared more than two green circles. I can get her health down below 50% or even 30 % when I fight her inside the purple circle after having confronted her with the green circles twice. But when no more green circles appear, it's hopeless.

Easy kill. Fight her in her purple circle. When she takes damage a counter will run up to 30 ( you can find the counter on her debuff list ) When 30 is reached you must run outside the red circle, wait for the blast and then try it again.

Now it's even worse. The big red circle doesn't appear at all, only her burst -out. You could stay outside of the big red circle. But what to do when it's not even there ? The purple circle is. OK. But the green healing circles have been reduced to two. Out of about fifty times when my Jedi counsellor died in the fight, only once there appeared more than two green circles. I can get her health down below 50% or even 30 % when I fight her inside the purple circle after having confronted her with the green circles twice. But when no more green circles appear, it's hopeless.

It can be done without using the green circles at all, either for healing yourself or for hurting her, *and* without Lord D, even on a DPS-only class like Gunslinger.

The key rule is: fight her "up close and personal". On gun classes, if you can see a *horizontal* gap between your gun and her face, you are too far away. At some point, she will curl up into a ball and float. Run the ---- away when she does this. There will be a mostly transparent (and large) (and hard to see) red floor circle, but at the edge, there will be a little red fence. Get beyond the fence to avoid being thrown off the island.

There are claims that the direction you are thrown depends on where she is relative to you at the moment when she curls up, so that you can't fix it by simply moving round her. I don't know if this is true, but if you are having problems seeing the red circle, make sure you have a wall at your back while you are fighting her. In this case, she'll throw you into the wall rather than off the island. You'll be stunned, but you'll be alive.

Do not use your stun-breaker ability to neutralise this stun because you need it to be always ready for when she uses Force Slam. You'll recognise this because you'll be stunned (unable to attack) and thrown up and down, and each time you are thrown down, you take heavy damage. Break this stun with your stun-breaker as soon as it begins.

Last point. Some classes have throw-cancel abilities like the Commando's "Hold The Line". That puts a buff on you for a few seconds that prevents throws from throwing you. I don't know whether it works against Vaylin.

Last last point, sorry. The essential mechanics of this fight are the same as fighting Vaylin at the end of Chapter VIII, including the "thrown to your death" aspect.

There is already lot of good advice on this thread but i wil add here how i do it with my all characters. My gear is pretty crappy so this method should work and is not very hard to do.

When dpsin her stand so close to her that if it would be real person you could hug her without stepping forward. All dps you do further than this will chew your OWN hitpoints down not hers.

Fight her few steps front of the staircase to the throne, your back against the stairs. What ever moves you to different locations whether is you picking orbs or Vaylins doings always run back to that spot and that position before starting to dps her again.

Vaylin has buff that has numbers going up. When it reaches 30 she starts to cast that big knockback. Run top of the stairs to the Throne then and wait her finish. She will teleport to you after she is done but don't start to dps her again before you have located yourself back to front of the stairs position. Actually if you are fighting in that right position even getting into knockback wont throw you out of platform but it is easier to routinely run up yourself to be sure.

You can pick the green orb things floatin around to heal yourself or run behind them so Vaylin picks them up, this will do HUGE damage to her. But do not chase those orbs around the platform, pick them when they float close to you. If you chase them around this brings you away from your original fighting position and risks you not only flying of the platform but also dpsing her from too far and hurting yourself.

Keep on repeating that routine untill she is dead. If you don't damage Vaylin with orbs it takes LOOOONG to get her health down but it will happen. I usually use about half of them to selfheal, half to damage her.

I hope this will help :).

When I got frustrated with Vaylin, I just started letting the green circles do ALL the work for me.

From the bottom of the stairs, I go to the big rock to the left side (toward the back of the island) and screw up her LOS for casted effects. I wait for the green circle that spawns on the back of the island. The circle goes counterclockwise around the island, so I just run over until she's between me and the circle and she's in its path.

After it hits her, I go back to using the rock to hide.

Rinse. Repeat.

It's the slow, tedious way, but it really takes no skill at all.

Edited by MorseGod

Great ! Thanks ! This was a generous way to answer me. But I notice that there may be some problem with my connection to the server. Maybe I have to change computer.

I certainly will consider everything. The "green circle method" was the best way as I brought a Jedi knight through this battle some time ago. But all the answers are interesting.

I think ill stop my sub as i just cant get past, i keep dying and dying i am raging as hell i even broke my keyboard, isnt there a way to like buy something that let you skip that part or something? I really hate it and it ruins the game. For me as i want to experience the end of the story of kotet but its too hard

I lol'd. This would make a good signature, for a variety of reasons.

Don't give up. You can do it.

My first time to do this part was with my vanguard, and like you I was really not getting it. In the end, I did figure out what I was doing wrong, and for me, I had to make sure I had lots of space between me and her as most of her attacks are melee with the exception of that wide area knock back. To be honest, this is the first time I heard you could trick Vaylin into the healing circles to damage her. So if I was able to get it done without doing that trick, you hopefully will have an easier time.

It may take a long time, but if you have to rely on ranged attacks that don't deplete power, try that as that is what worked for my gunslinger.

You are not alone in your frustration. Here are a list of YouTube videos that were made by other assassin players. Hope they help you gain insight.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=swtor+assassin+chapter+ix

One more thing that hasn't been mentioned: if you have the weapon you made in Chapter 12 of KOTFE, use it (put your own mods in temporarily if you want). It will give you the same buffs you had for the Arcann fight in Chapter 16. Unlike the Arcann fight they can be critical to keeping you alive when facing Vaylin (and Arcann), especially if you have the heal or speed buffs. Depending on whether you kept Marr, Satele or both to help with your weapon you will also be able to absorb and/or reflect 20% of damage.

The buffs you have depend on the choice you made in KOTFE 12. From Dulfy:

http://dulfy.net/2016/04/05/swtor-chapter-12-story-and-alliance-recruitment-guide/

Edited by IoNonSoEVero